Newbie stuff that you did

Brought my blueberry into a lowbie dungeon not knowing it was a tank and was kind of a donkey about it

1 Like

Iā€™m super guilty of this. I thought it would despawn and respawn again when you hit the ground, I was so, so wrong

2 Likes

Been playing since ā€˜06, so this is embarrassing. Back in WotLK, I decided to raid on my warlock in the Trial of the Crusaders. We wiped and decided to take a break when I realized I was out of soul shards, so a guildie said to meet outside to duel so I can get shards that way, while everyone is still on break. I thought you could only get soul shards when the otherā€™s health is low, so I unleashed damage until his health dropped and then used drain soul. I remember him asking me what I was doing while everyone on team speak was laughing.

2 Likes

I did that too, but because I believed everything you did in that session would be lost if you didnā€™t.

1 Like

When i first started playing in TBC i thought the durability lowering on a weapon caused it to change appearance.

I vividly remember purchasing an axe from a vendor in durotar, using it for a bit then being convinced as the durability lowered that the axe was getting more warped in appearance. In reality the model was just warped.

I proudly told my friends who all played at lunch that my weapon had become warped from using it so much and they all called me an idiot.

2 Likes

Nothing, absolutely nothing will compare to the conga line of humans going to Darnassus and NEs going to Iron Forge in the wetlands during Classic launch

Everyone buffing travelers. The crocs were on auto delete by high levels farming them. The chat discussions.

It was like a virtual version of Canterbury Tales

:ocean: :crab: :ocean: :crab:

So did I. In early 2004, the only alliance AH was in Iron Forge. I even found the tram, but worried it would lead me to a high level zone.

My first character was a Paladin. There were no tutorials. I died twice in my first five minutes, deleted the Paladin and created this Warrior. (I tried a Paladin again in vanilla classic. Gave up around level 25.)

Few things I remember from when I started in Cataclysm:

• Ran through the plaguelands to get to Eversong just for the dragonhawk companions. Learned about the orb after exploring Silvermoon.
  • Didnā€™t understand that the alliance npcs are hostile to horde and ran to Elywnn forest to get the Bombay Cat companion. Bonus: ran through Goldshire with huge confusion of why I died constantly.
  • Started as a warlock and used my imp for everything. Read somewhere that warlock pets could tank and assumed the tiny imp would tank as well.
  • Used only common quality vendor gear, I donā€™t know why. Apparently I was playing Ironman mode while having no idea it was a thing.
  • I didnā€™t know how to leave a bg after accidentally closing the scoreboard and sat waiting until the instance ended. This happened multiple times. Same with dungeons, I just logged out and waited.
  • Didnā€™t know how to turn off voidwalker taunt in dungeons and that I should be using another demon instead. Same with felguard when I learned about him.
  • Last, I used the number keys and arrow keys and keyboard turned. It finally dawned on me that I should be using a mouse and better key bindings while in a SotA bg. Plenty of players were running circles around me and my keyboard turning just couldnā€™t keep up.
1 Like

I remember making like 30 characters and leveling them up to 5 because I just liked the starting zones and didnā€™t want to go to new places.

1 Like

One time while on the forums, I saw a topic called ā€œNewbie stuff that you didā€ and by the time I had typed up to this point, I forgot which noob story I was going to tell.

When I was 11 and got WoW, I used to run around as an orc warrior with a staff because I wanted to be like the purple ninja turtle

2 Likes