New WoW Classic Realms are Now Open - September 4

Lol. Yeah somebody actually thought this was better.

Hey I have an idea. Could I just send you guys a lot of money? I’d like to just spend all of my money as quickly as possible and pay as much money as possible to have you give me a shity option to transfer to a brand new realm with no economy setup at all. Could you also charge me double to transfer to a realm that’s low pop/medium? I only will do this if I can give you guys even more money though, please. Make sure you drive this game into the ground just like you did with retail. Please, don’t let this be a fun experience. Keep making the decisions you guys are! You’re doing fucing amazing! But please, find a way to get more money and offer limited transfers. I can’t think of a better way to not take a huge piss on the community! NIIICE JOB!!!

1 Like

@Kaviax when are these realms unlocking

You the real MVP

Good move! Thanks!

Please do not allow transfers to Anathema and Netherwind, or at least open servers that disallow transfers. I re rolled on Netherwind within 2 days of it’s launch with some friends in order to escape queue times, and the server is still very fresh with an underdeveloped economy, no level 60s, and a friendly and active player base. I would hate to see people with multiple days head start enter these servers and set those that re rolled even further behind.

3 Likes

If you transfer to this new server can you make alts? Or only transfer and wait for the new character creation to make new characters as well?

Congratz Blizz. Should have done this crap last week though.

Looks like you can go sleep.

4 Likes

How many characters can you transfer to one of these new servers?

Transfers need to be disallowed until layering is fixed, or open up new servers without layering and simply don’t allow transfers to them. I love this game too much to give up on it, but I’m not going to play any realm where exploits can/have been used.

1 Like

This is a method to allow them to remove layering sooner. You guys will complain about anything.

@ Kaivax when is Blizzard going to add more normal / RP servers? We only have a total of 10 and need a few more. Now we have like 25 pvp servers is it?

Then basically you’re posting here for no reason…“I’m not leaving and I want to make sure people know”. The sense of self importance is heavy with some people I reckon.

1 Like

A small level cap should’ve been added to avoid people hogging the good names with lv1 characters.

2 Likes

If they are unwilling to move then they have no right to complain about queues.

2 Likes

They shouldn’t laugh as these Que times is a result of poor planning by Blizzard. They didn’t release enough servers for name res. They didn’t have enough for launch when it was clear millions of players would return.

I am on Faerlina and it was months of planning to pick a server. I have friends, guild, and even an alt. I can’t take a server xfer and tarnish my gameplay. Being on the right server is incredibly important for the right gaming experience. That is why so much goes into planning what server to be on.

If i still have Que times it is up to Blizzard to raise server Caps and alleviate them. This is 100% their issue to fix and offering server transfers is nice for those who can take them. However it’s still 100% up to Blizzard to raise server caps for those who can’t possible transfer.

It’s common sense, this isn’t even debatable.

1 Like

What i’m wondering is, what is Blizzard going to do with servers like Anathema that were released waaaaay too late and are now dead. Like, really, really dead. They want people from high pop servers to transfer there, but why? the risks are just too many. What if you end up stranded in a dead server?

That might just be exactly what they need.

I mean, sure, many people won’t even consider the server transfer because: friends, friends of friends, and guilds won’t be transfering; others won’t transfer due to fearmongering.

But the thing is, some people don’t care about the risks and are willing to take the server transfer gladly to avoid the queue.

And that many people going away is just what they need to remove layering on all those servers.

TL;DR: I don’t think they expect people to take server transfers en-masse. They just want to alleviate the flow a tiny bit.

But that leaves the problem of the new servers being underpopulated and soon-to-be ghost towns.