New world worth trying

It looks good and I hope you and others have fun playing it, as with others here my cup of tea rests with a more medieval fantasy setting. With that said, it is unfair for me to dismiss it entirely because I have only seen a couple of videos where people are playing it. Who knows, I may give it a try in the future and form an addiction :slight_smile:

1 Like

Although it does sound interesting, it seems to be crippled by bugs right now, and I’m enjoying FFXIV and I had spread myself across TBC, retail, and that, and it ultimately led to me quitting retail, so I probably shouldn’t add another MMO lol

1 Like

This is also not for GD in the wow forums. Take these threads to the off-topic section please.

1 Like

Not interested. I might look at ashes since a friend is really excited for it but I prefer single player games now.

1 Like

Looks good but I actively try to avoid giving Amazon money so no dice.

1 Like

This FFXIVII boards take your New World somewhere else!

2 Likes

I’m waiting for Ashes of Creation personally. New World is being developed my Amazon…I mean…I don’t know if it’s worth putting my time investment into a game that Amazon operates.

3 Likes

Nah not interested.

9.1 is pretty fun.

New world started as pvp mmo and dropped that. Now they’re like a gw2 clone with diy classes and ONE playable race.

I have enjoyed the little time I got to play in the beta today! These queue times are insane…

In saying that… The combat and crafting in this game looks and feels amazing. I am a bit skeptical about only limited abilities in each weapon tree(s); but I’ve found the frost gauntlet and spear to be super fun!

To all the WoW addicts/people who get defensive about the thought of trying other games… this game won’t be around forever, there is nothing wrong with trying other games, blizz is not your friend lol.

Is New world PvP-optional or can a player kill you anywhere?

How do you know that after playing for an hour?

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with telling others about a good game they should try. But posting such on the forums of a rival game is nothing more than a shot at the developers saying “Hey, I don’t like your game, I’m going to try this one out and you should feel bad about it.”

Otherwise this would be on the off-topic forum where it belongs.

I’m trying out the beta, I’ll likely play it.
That being said, I’m not either/or about games. I’ve always played several at a time.

You have to toggle pvp on

You can toggle it on and off at anytime from anywhere

Ppl with pvp turned on is designated by their nameplate being red

That game has pay to win all over it. If your looking for a solid new mmo the only thing I’m excited to see is what riot comes up with.

My new world is currently Breath of the Wild. WoW is my only mmo. ESO is just meh.

I played during the NDA session, and I was unimpressed.

Valheim MMO. Let’s go.

1 Like

I’m enjoying it.

If you have an EVGA 3090 though, you may want to hold off for the time being. Apparently it’s triggering some state that is bricking them. :smiley:

2 Likes

The pvp is prolly going to be horrible. Could be wrong but the roll/ dodge mechanic in a game with latency is going to be a huge problem