New world worth trying

this is not a hate post agains wow.

i was skeptical about the new mmorpg amazon pull in.
after some hour pour into it, i’m in love with it.

1.the world.
gorgeous and have a cycle of time day and night.the atmosphere is there.

1. class
    well you make your own class via the weapon you use. and attribute u put every level.

3.leveling
genius everything you do from alaying monster to lumbering the entire zone give you experience, same for herbing,skining,fishing,mining and crafting. if you want to be high lvl quickly well im sorry you wont lime the leveling their.

1. profession.
    they are not useless. from start to finish.

2. combat.
    the combat is dynamic, you need to aim if you are range dps or caster.

overall new world is surprising good, but i will let you judge by your own.
yes i. aware the games have microtransanction in it, but only cosmetic.
i don’t say it will crush any game but giving it a try is a must.

7 Likes

Nah I have fun in WoW.

lmao.

3 Likes

Its like RuneScape meets Skyrim and we add a detailed crafting system

I’d almost prefer playing new world as a solo player survival game tbh
The three factions thing imo isnt a good idea as its just going to end up being everyone on one faction anyway, and other players get in the way of material harvesting. Its like the maw ingots tragedy from a few months ago

Its okay and its definitely fun, but i can see people getting burnt out really quickly after a month

Definitely a game worth having in your library imo and playing it when you feel like that type of game though. The scenery and aesthetics are really nice

1 Like

All I know is that it didn’t kill WoW, like so many claimed it would, with all the mediocre reviews it’s gotten so far.

1 Like

I’ll fanboy WoW no matter how much I hate it but I’m really enjoying New World. It’s something fun to play, it’s new, and the graphics look amazing for an MMO. I just wish the animations and combat was a bit better. It’s nice to be able to pass the time with how bad Shadowlands is.

1 Like

Looked super super boring to me.

I want fantasy in my fantasy not just medieval human time.

2 Likes

Wish I could try it but I use a Mac. I’m hoping they’ll make it available to us at some point.

And before a troll comes to say NoOb YoU uSe A mAc omegalul, yes a lot of players do. There’s a literal section of wow forums for Mac users.

2 Likes

I can appreciate that pre emptive no u

3 Likes

It’s not even released yet, so no surprise there.

And WoW is doing a perfectly good job of killing itself…

14 Likes

Yes it’s day 1. And there’s a lawyer doing a good job of killing wow all by himself.

1 Like

Hope it does well and people enjoy it. We need more successful games in the genre.

7 Likes

Am I the only one not very interested in New World?

The setting doesnt really appeal me. But thats from a Female Belf only player.

2 Likes

It’s a really fun game for the short term, I can’t see it having any longevity without some massive updates though.

I played the last preview and spent most of my time crafting, gathering and exploring. Some of the areas look pretty cool, I spent ages just running around this swamp.

1 Like

New World looks good, but I won’t be able to get over the theme, not really my cup of tea. I am fine with guns, just the whole “theme” isn’t as much fantasy as it is Medieval when it comes to the character, which again I like just idk not really what I was expecting. Hope you continue to enjoy it.

I am personally holding out that Ashes of Creation is going to be great, but will see.

I didn’t know how to word it, but honestly I feel this with New World. I feel like it would be a good single player game or a small party game like 7 days to die. Not a replacement for WoW but certainly something interesting to keep tabs on.

2 Likes

It’s in Beta…

Also WoW is already killing WoW as you well know.

wait… did you think the argument that it didn’t kill WoW when it was in closed Alpha meant something?

3 Likes

I think I could get used to it but i do agree that I love wows setting.

I’ll give it a try. Only thing wow has for me is chores atm. Liking exploring in gw2 and will try new world.

Wow needs a kick in the pants so I’m rooting for a lot of competition.

1 Like

I ain’t leaving my 350+ mount collection to go watch people run around in Spanish Conquistador gear while shooting flaming arrows.

As a historian, that game offends my sensibilities :wink: I also don’t want to play a ‘fantasy’ game as a stinky human.

2 Likes

Sadly there aren’t any great replacements. FF isn’t it for me. The style is too off and other things. Gw2 isn’t really because the trinity isn’t there.
I’m just gonna get used to something else for a while and Unsub from wow. Im enjoying my time in other games but your right. Not exactly a wow clone or anything

2 Likes

I played it back what… 9 or 10 months ago when they had that open preview and liked it. Apparently it’s been really improved on and since I know myself and that I’ll eventually try it, I preordered yesterday.

Not saying WoW is bad, but you really need something else during those content droughts it’s so well known for.

1 Like