New World, A Retrospect After Nearly A Month

How do people feel about New World after a month? I’m curious, I’ve never played or really looked into the MMO but it was apparently expected to be a competitor to WoW. Now we’re a month later from it’s launch. Do people feel it holds up as a truly significant competitor to WoW still?

Star Wars was honestly the only time I thought that WoW had a serious competitor. Anything else is just here to take a small slice of the pie

4 Likes

Yes. I think they have the money to make t happen.

Pretty much every hyped up MMO is something people claim will be the “next serious competitor to WoW”.

Personally I tried some of the beta tests but could never get past the combat system feeling really bad to me.

2 Likes

All the towns have just been flipped around and recycled. does that answer your question lol.

1 Like

The fact that you are trying to talk about New World in the WOW forums tells you everything you need to know.

7 Likes

I heard that by playing that game can overvolt your amd gpu?

1 Like

NW is leaps and bounds over wow if you compare them right meow.

NW has in depth content, wow does not.

I am lvl 40 and the economy has collapsed with mats selling 0.01 Coin . Gold is so rare that ppl are trading mats directly.

A new player will have more gold than a lvl 60 as the new player will have more gold via quests and the lvl 60 will be hit by taxes and durability damage that they will be poor.

Endgame is also very bad it seems "mage/heals stack and kill "both pve and pvp :sweat_smile:

Other than that the open world, crafting and sandbox gameplay is waaaaaaaay better than wow.

4 Likes

Have you run into people using the window shake exploit in PvP yet… that’s fun. That game is so up a creek with things I’m not sure they can fix.

1 Like

They do have a lot of people playing, but the number seems to be dropping. No idea what it’ll stabilize at, nor how many players its drawn away from WoW:

I am using that exploit with my hatchet to be invulnerable against those dam bears :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You keep forgetting mmorpg don’t need to compete with WoW especially at this point considering Blizzard’s situation. Mmorpgs just gotta take their players away and for quite sometime been doing so. New World is fun though, but if you want it to compete with WoW. It really doesn’t need to at all like any other new title that comes along don’t have to worry about. WoW no longer has a strong presence anymore and it’s very weak considering what they offer to modern mmorpg games.

WoW is actually still stuck in the mid 2000s era or let a lone 2010s era. It’s not delicious to look at in the 2020s era. As must I like to do the WoW competition. The days are over for them unless they can do something for themselves like next expansion. Sad thing is it’s not going to be as hype it once were, but more as a niche excitement like not jump to the ceiling worthy.

1 Like

I cannot believe that an MMO developer allowed the client to be authoritative on those sorts of things. That’s so insane it’s not even funny. That and the optimism they had about factions. cough WoW cough

2 Likes

Couldn’t get into it, I know friends who are enjoying it though.
I think it depends what you enjoy about the MMO genre.

funny, I heard the exact opposite lol

4 Likes

The fact that you can only be a human removes a lot of the appeal for me, and I’m sure lots of other people feel the same. It’d have to be the best MMO ever made to make up for that lack of character variety, and from what I’ve seen it’s definitely not close to that.

2 Likes

Weren’t there a bunch of people quitting because of the exact opposite? I’m not sure, but I thought that was the reason why. The lack of endgame content, as opposed to other games.

EDIT: I’m not 100% btw, so this isn’t meant to be accusatory, more so inquisitive.

2 Likes

Yes , RTX 3 X series cards will go boom . Also the CPU temp will reach 90*c .

To prevent it you need to make a new power plan, change settings on processor power to 85 to 95% on Windows.

This is insane adjustment you need to find out and do for just one game especially for older pcs :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

not even close to go against wow imo.

i played for 2 weeks. got bored pretty quickly. not a fan of grinds tbh. i dont mind grinding levels if theres a story. ffxiv took a while to hit max but the story was good.

playing with the builds was the best part. once i did that enough, i was pretty much done.

open world pvp is just a group of people running around killing smaller groups of people.

you cant even get into the wars. its gatekept by the playerbase. similar to how mythic raids are gatekept in wow. except wars happen often and you can start doing them at a super low level.

you have to run everywhere and its slow. no mounts. teleporting doesnt work like it does in ffxiv. you can teleport anywhere once you unlock the node in ffxiv and you cant even tell you’re spending any currency because you gain that currency easily.

threat is stupid in new world.

overall, the game is hollow. not much meat to it. it might be pretty good in a couple years if they dump the time and resources into it. only time will tell.

2 Likes