New Wintergrasp straw poll

Makes you wonder what’s in that end room these days. It’s like we all stand around going “ok we made it, now what”

3 Likes

It’s the same thing that’s in the briefcase in pulp fiction.

3 Likes

Dude.

2 Likes

Jdpp should have some friend on the inside that knows somebody that knows somebody who would change it for us. we could take up a collection to get it done.

Imagine the Pulp Fiction Honda chase with a Wintergrasp vehicle.

“Butch, where is my flamethrower catapult?”
“I’m sorry baby, I had to crash that flamethrower catapult.”

I tried that route once. There were too many strange requests involving apple pie, 6 hairs from a third born, home interior candles, and tsataga in a dress.

I said nvm.

2 Likes

I agree IKEA is a death trap!!

The other things sound doable.

2 Likes

I feel like thats kind of the point. The Mechs are suppose to feel strong and hard to just take on if you run at them. I always liked WG because it had the potential of strategy. TM/SS can too, but the problem with it is that it always lags horribly imo so its not that fun, unless you like lag.

Also yes, a blacklist would be nice especially if Ashran is coming.

The whole lag issue is overblown imo :thinking:

From what I remember there was only some minor lag during the initial clash, and it quickly went away after about 2-3 minutes. I experience similar lag during large clashes in IOC and AV, so I think it’s just the nature of having 60-80 players all in the same area spamming AOE, spamming pets, etc etc. It’s understandable that there will be “some” lag with so much happening simultaneously.

I agree though, blacklist is sorely needed, these are the bgs I would never play again:

1. Wintergrasp
  2. Seething Shore
1 Like

The lag was caused by server hops It would all depend on what server they put you on. I would play 4 or 5 games I would have no lag at all then I will play a couple where I would get a lot of lag.

1 Like

It’s a simple request, we should get it done just for this.:rofl:

2 Likes

I just won this BG it was easy, but I’m just like glad it’s over and hope I never get it anymore today or ever. I don’t think they can do anything to this BG to make me like it.

1 Like

Yeah WG (defense) popped as the very first Horde epic bg for me today. We won but I was bored out of my mind the whole time. Like 60% of the match was both deathballs just “chasing” each other around the map in sort of cat and mouse game, that’s not PvP :rofl: :joy: :joy:

Ally went SR, so we went BT, then Ally went to BT, so we left BT and went south to Westspark, then Ally went to Westspark, so we took our deathball to Eastspark, then we went north to SR when Ally came for Eastspark, and rinse repeat counter-clockwise around the map for like 15 minutes.

Virtually 0 actual PvP occurred during this giant cat-and-mouse game, the Alliance deathball and the Horde deathball never came into contact with each other. Such interestng and exciting gameplay /s :roll_eyes:

I was glad when it was over tbh

Since I got my daily conquest points out of the way, I’ll probably just insta-afk out if WG pops again.

1 Like

I hate WG’s like that. It reminds me of Ashran during that build of it that Horde did events and Alliance did the roads, all PVP was avoided. Such trash.

1 Like

Every time I queue for Epic BGs im afraid im going to get Wintergrasp =((( I usually just afk out after i finish the weekly.

1 Like

Your poll didn’t turn out quite the way you were hoping? I love Wintergrasp. It’s a shame that so many people have no idea how to play it. When you have a raid that understands the correct strategies, it’s a blast. When the raid is dominated by cluelessness, Wintergrasp is frustrating, just like all BGs are when people don’t understand the objectives.

Yes and no I was hoping for more votes. If the majority wants it to stay It’s something I have to get used to. none of these polls that I put up will be accurate, there a lot that don’t even come to the forums.

I know how to play it. but for me there too many vehicles It takes away from the player versus player aspect of PVP.

2 Likes

Yep, it really does come down to “whoever has the most vehicles wins”

So individual players just don’t have much influence on the outcome of the match. If you’re not driving a vehicle, the bg gets boring pretty fast :joy:

2 Likes

Even if you are driving a vehicle it’s a snooze. SMASH THAT 2 BUTTON HARDER, BRO! :laughing:

2 Likes

I know right? :rofl:

Cata - spam the “2” key on your keyboard
Demo - spam the “1” key on your keyboard
Siege - spam the “1” key on your keyboard

Such engaging gameplay :rofl:

2 Likes