New Warlock NPCS in the capitals

I already have a Night Elf Death Knight, two Void Elf Death Knights, and a Night Elf Shadow Priest to cover those.

1 Like

Nothing based about it when blizzard doesn’t actually put the effort in to change race/spell visuals to match what they’re implying with these trainers. This is still below the bare minimum of what needs to be done for some of these combos to work.

Where’s the playable Broken? Where’s the shadowmoon effects for mag’har? That Bloodtotem trainer and player HM warlocks should have the feltwisted horns too. I’d honestly love to change my warlock to Highmountain. I’ve wanted them to have the class since we first encountered the Feltotem in Legion. But without the special horns, what’s the point?

Also mysteriously missing a Lightforged trainer, isn’t that funny.

2 Likes

The Naaru are not Alliance content. Having said that they have always been heavily tied to Alliance.

Except we are now moving on from certain class/race combos being unavailable.

It is precisely why I am annoyed by it. Instead of treating this as a relatively monumental change to draenei society the devs use a Broken instead to half hide it. Either go all in with these race/class combo and properly explain them or dont do them.(not to mention the implied nature that Broken are still considered evil/outcast hence why they are used for the Warlock trainer)

This too.

1 Like

It does make me wonder though. What would be the difference between a Void-based Shadowmoon shadow priest and a Void-based Shadowmoon warlock ? Would it boil down to a distinction between Cosmic Void and Old Gods Void ?

Or more generally, maybe the difference would lie in how deviant from the Shadowmoon traditions the individual’s use of Void magic is ?

Absolutely based that we lore fans get to effectively influence world building elements and make Blizzard stick to a decent amount of lore consistency when up until very recently they had a well-established tradition of not giving a crap and twisting the universe into whatever suited their needs and obsessions

Now is it enough ? No lol

Maybe it’s bridging from Cosmic Void to Comic Fel like Xhul’horac from the Hellfire Citadel raid?

I imagine the difference is just the methodology of how they would use the void.

Which by the way warlocks are the easiest class to make class skins for. Pick anything from the cosmos and you can get a warlock skin.

1 Like

You get what he meant. Fel exposure by itself doesn’t make Draenei into broken or else there would be no Eredar who kept their old forms, or grew wings/additional horns/spikes. The reality is, it’s just not very consistent.

2 Likes

I just saw that Pusillin from Dire Maul will be an Imp customization option, which would pair even better with a Shen’dralar NPC.

2 Likes

The reason they became Broken was due to the fel mist and whatever curses were used by Gul’dan and the Burning Legion.

And yet my statement stands lol

Obeying the rules vs not obeying the rules

I rant about this stuff here

1 Like

It’s hard to say. I tried looking throughout Shadowmoon Valley on Draenor and I couldn’t find any Shadowmoon that were working with demons. I also couldn’t seem to find any Shadowmoon that were part of the Fel Horde, either.

Ya do love to see it.

See it genuinely doesn’t take that much work to make things work in the lore. Literally just some new NPCs and some throwaway dialogue here and there.

I’m still curious about the Tauren in the Kirin Tor. I just want like one exasperated Enchanter who’s job is now making magic, size changing furniture and schoolwork. Because now they have to accommodate Gnome and Tauren students and I just can’t imagine that’s easy.

11 Likes

I won’t lie, I do wish they had made the Warlock trainer for Draenei a non-Broken one. Only because I feel like the Draenei suffer from cultural homogenization and the Broken seem to be their little ticket to having any semblance of variety outside of their Light devotion schtick.

Also 'cause I’m still kinda peeved I can’t play a Broken despite them being a prominent part of the Draenei race and are the best parts of Draenei lore.

:<

3 Likes

I get why you don’t like the broken still being considered outcast, but why would you want the draenei openly accepting warlocks? Part of their class theme is supposed to be about them all being for the spooky stuff most people don’t want to associate with.

Accepting? No, I dont think they should be “accepted” any more then any other warlock in the Alliance.

Want I want is acknowledgement that there are now draenei warlocks, that they canonically exist in draenei society(and not a shoot on sight target) and that the world/situations have changed where draenei have to accept you sometimes have to fight fire with fire.

Genuinely I’m confused what the deal with Warlocks on the Alliance is.

I know WoW’s an older game but I liked how in ESO Guards would straight up attack you if you used stuff like necromancy or vampiric powers out in the open.

Now obviously that’d be a bit extreme and probably a nightmare to program into WoW’s existing bones. But idk. Some kinda reaction would be interesting.

Can’t imagine it’d be too difficult to have Guards shout threats if nothing else. Granted though that was in 2004. At this point they got half demon elves doing blackflips down residential streets so. Probably akin to how Chicago just sorta let that Peacefest thing happen long before weed was legal here. Just way too much of a hassle at this point so they’re pretending they don’t see it.

7 Likes

When I first started playing again in Legion some DH player must have used a toy to appear as a Fel Orc. Because I vividly remember seeing one doing DH stuff.

And of course I’d just assumed Orcs and Draenei could also be DHs but of the Fel and Broken variety. It’d fit in just fine with the lore. I just assumed I hadn’t seen them because of elven popularity.

So imagine my dissapointment. Had a whole little backstory already picked out for my Fel Orc DH and everything.

Ah well. At least they won’t do anything truly deranged like make playable Undead Paladins and Druids and not let the undead race have them. Pffft. Could you imagine?

4 Likes

Not all warlocks use fel

We’ve been over this a thousand times since the start of this damn PTR cycle

Get that through y’all damn heads

Y’all were wrong. Maghar Shadowmoon use dark arts and are thus warlocks. Gameplay classes and lore classes are not one to one.

7 Likes

The fact y’all refuse to accept that not every single racial/cultural instance of a gameplay classes shares the exact same fantasy is 50% of why this narrative is a trainwreck.

Y’all insist every damn paladin and warlock must share the same damn fantasy instead of accepting that gameplay mechanics are limited and never congruent to narrative realities

2 Likes