New voice lines: Ashenvale, Ankoan, etc

There was a quest called a new hope that even had a cutscene that was finished a day before 8.1 went live and it gave a canon winner

1 Like

Jaina is always the victim so that makes sense.

Looking at that quest on the wiki right now, and it’s under “Things that never made it past the test realm” so don’t think it can be really used as a source.

Yeah I would more consider it as a hint of what the devs want. We will see if they add it in a latter patch.

1 Like

That’s optimistic of you, since I don’t think they’ve ever done that with test realm content before. I might be wrong on that, but I don’t think they have.

It is quite the opposite, a lot of things are datamined and added in a latter patch, but more often at the begining of an expansion.

3 Likes

I don’t believe this was data mined though? I believe it was on the test realm, but they decided to not carry it over.

I was on the test realm doing Tyrande’s scenario over and over again to give feedback and all, I never saw it, maybe it was testable though and I missed it :man_shrugging:. From what I understand it was just a datamined quest and a cutscene.

1 Like

Hmm, cause I saw a few people saying they’d played it on the test realm, I wasn’t on the realm myself, and when I first heard about this quest I went digging, since them giving a warfront an actual ending stood out to me.

1 Like

Maybe there was some confusion with the other one which is very similar ? In any case what matters is the canonical victory and we may learn what happened latter with this cinematic/the heritage armor/ a novel mentioning it/ Chronicles etc…

1 Like

Yeah, but for now it exists in purgatory with the battlegrounds.

Yes I hope some canon ending which the cinematic is probably made for later as the devs said the warfronts will get canon winners by the end of the expansion. The night elves defeating the entire horde army and pushing for war is actually a narrative I want to see and hopefully Tess will speak for the worgen and tell Anduin to get F himself because he talks high and mighty when he has never experienced true danger or even a really big loss.

1 Like

I mean, I loath Anduin as much as the next person, but he did get falcon kicked into a bell that then collapsed on him by Garrosh, My pecs could conquer small kingdoms, Hellscream, so he has at least experienced true danger, even if it was just a vehicle for the cringe inducing magic bones.

1 Like

the cutscene for the quest “a new hope” was finished right before the patch went live, if that means anything, its possible that they are simply waiting to release it, otherwise it would be weird to work on it up to the patches release

1 Like

It wouldn’t be the first time they’ve bailed on ideas that close to release, and really in game cinematics arnt that hard to do, it’s just camera work, set animations that the rigs can already do and VAing.

That, to me, is the big thing that shows intent. Of course, some of it depends on the individual actor, but VA for a major game generally isn’t cheap. Nor is having an animator try to sync up the models to the lines.

Nothing budget breaking, or anything, for Actiblizzard, with the tiny cutscene. But still a sizable effort that was at least, at one point, heavily intended.

4 Likes

They don’t try to make the models sync up to the lines in in game cutscenes. You also generally do all you VAing in one block. You bring in Tyrande’s VA, do ALL the lines you even think she might be doing during the expac then thats that. You pay them for that block of VAing. You still have that reel of voice acting for everything to come down the line and can pick and choose what gets used or not, what gets tried, like potentially this, and what actually goes through.

I wouldn’t think about it too much. They had Nathanos and Malfurion’s VAs do work for the WF that was never used. Unless they’re waiting until 8.2 to add them to the WF rotation in Darkshore. Who knows?

3 Likes

Even beyond the cutscene and victory quest, we have a general idea that the Night Elves won, such as:

1 Like

With danger I mean he has never experienced a battle that will cost him the lives of his people if he failed or suffered something horrible as his kingdome being razed because he commited obvious mistakes. The whole thing with Garrosh was brave from him but so far everything has worked in his way without any consequences and only his life was at danger

The day he has to face something horrible like an invasion from a powerful overlord like Arthas and his scourge or garrosh army with his magic bomb and said overlord destroy his city and his people and leave scars in his mental and physical persona, then I may start to appreciate him, heck even Yrel got that from Ner’zhul and the Iron Horde, Anduin however only lost his dad because of the legion invasion that started in the AU created by Garrosh and even so, he doesn’t even mention that.