New updates for SoM

A few = Most… cool i guess. ; all g though

They are though aren’t they? A ret paladin can murder you in a few seconds. Specially if they are geared. They are really good in pvp and can take out warriors and rogues easily as ret. Im not sure what your issue is? Again, you seem to think this game is only one thing… raids.

Its not. Im sorry to burst your bubble.

edit: I had great experiences with pally tanks in my time in classic. But you have to know what you are doing and its a hybrid mind you. Also I also had bad warrior tanks during my time. Players gonna be players. Also pallis are good farmers too.

Srsly you all see this game as “who is the best climber” and even though climbing trees is just one aspect of the whole game you rolled a goldfish and then wonder why he isn’t as good at climbing as the monkey is. And then you come in here and say “fix the goldfish”… even though there is another part in the game that just deals with swimming in lakes.

Just stop. Its a RPG. Roll a class, make a choice and deal with it.

2 Likes

should there be a bottom dps? yes, but the dps range between ret paladin to say a rogue is HUGE and makes ZERO SENSE for it. Same with other classes like shadow priests, boomkin druids, arms warrior, etc.

pve =/= pvp. I acknowladge that ret paladins are strong in pvp, but they should also be as strong in pve.

Ret paladins really aren’t that great in pvp, and back to my post above, how do you propose a ret paladin gets gear with the shorter timeline? Wait for all the melee to get geared out before they can roll OS? Or pvp in greens and blues getting stomped for a few months before they can have fun playing their spec in pvp?

so you want to make every PvP spec be just as good as PvE specs :roll_eyes:
go
back
retail

1 Like

Holy is a much better pvp spec than ret.

1 Like

paladins not dealing much damage is all very warcraft lore centric. have you people even played warcraft 3? the paladin hero dealt very little damage. he was only good for… healing. stop trying to make this game into something it is not

1 Like

That depends. On what you are needed for and what kind of pvp you do. Your holy paladin isn’t gonna win 1v1 vs my rogue anytime soon. The ret can oneshot me, the holy paladin won’t.

I feel like I talk to people who go on icyveins and read “what is bestclass/bestspec for wow classic and what talents do i need” and then you read a 10 min guide and now that your spec doesn’t match that quota we have to make CRYCRY posts on the forums and ask for every class to be same.

Why don’t have holy priests execute? Warriors have it, so holy priests should too eh?

1 Like

This is world of warcraft, not warcraft 3. They are completely different games in completely different genres.

1 Like

wow is based on the heroes of warcraft3

Basing what’s good in classic pvp based on 1v1s doesnt work because it is very rock paper scissors. In group pvp if you think ret paladin is better than holy you must of spent a lot more time than me on icyveins than in actual battlegrounds.

Its a part of the game? How can you have the insight of 1v1 not being balanced and rock paper scissors but not realize that PVE and raiding have the same design decisions implicated? Not every class/spec is capable of doing anything.

You don’t see the forest in front of you because of all the trees

1 Like

bankval is very insightful

1 Like

So because a ret paladin can occasionally beat a rogue in a 1v1, the entire paladin class needs to be nerfed into the ground outside of holy?

you wanna play a paladin you gotta pay the hybrid tax

1 Like

I personally do not want to play a paladin. I, like a lot of people on these forums, want some of the worse performing specs to be playable. You guys seem to just shout that these are all pvp classes so they are fine, but most meme specs are terrible in pvp aswell. Ret pally and enhancement shaman are possibly the easiest classes to kite in the game, and if they manage to catch you, if they dont get the luck of the RNG gods you are most likely going to be able to just burst them down anyway, or get away and kite them again.

Its almost like if someone only plays 2 weeks of pre patch, they know next to nothing about this game!

Nothing is nerfed. Nothing. The game is the game. Its you ppl in here that ask for buffs to the detriment of what gives the game spice.

All im saying is that we have constant, daily whiners who want to “touch up” the class balance in a role playing game that honestly has a very diverse and greatly falvourful cast of specs and classes.

Every class and every spec has some sort of utility in some aspect of this game. Not every spec is ideal to raid on and not every class is equally good at raiding but the game isn’t just raiding. And where one class/spec shines here, another shines there.

Stop trying to make everything the same and just make sure you roll the class that defines what you want to do the most in the game. Or don’t and roll smth randomly and discover the advantages of said class in another aspect of the game you have not touched yet or explored fully.

they are playable
just not in PvE raiding

Stacking 60% of a raid with fury warriors and rogues is not diverse or flavorful. Noone wants anything the same, minor buffs to meme classes won’t affect anything outside of players options to play what they want. The top dpsers are still going to top dps. PVP won’t change either.

2 Likes