New updates for SoM

Alright we got some more updated news. I can pretty comfortably say that they’re not going to budge on the 12 month cadence. The more updates they add the more they’re basing it around this 12 month cadence. For me it’s take it or leave it, I’m fairly neutral on it.

Lovers of AV looks like you’re getting some love. Let’s see if they make more changes to it.

The rogue bust I’m shocked, I could of swore that would of got swept under the rug. Keep it coming dev’s, but change black lotus spawns to be gathered randomly on high lvl herbs.

Ranked PVP, I didn’t expect this at all. Seems like it’s going to be a bit easier. I didn’t read most of it, as ranked isn’t something I care about really.

Looks like more changes went into MC/OX.

I’m still hopeful for some class touch ups here and there, but I know it’s a pipe dream.

7 Likes

define “class touch ups”.

I’m pretty sure we are going to see certain meme specs, as well as theory crafting specs rise for progression, I.E. Amplify Curse + Curse of Weakness so the tanks take reduced dmg from raid bosses. Mostly because the debuff limit has been removed. So now we get to see other classes that would normally throw up dots now instead of it being limited to just being like Curse of Agony.

I’m already getting push back from this just by suggesting it. Which is kind of funny because I got push back before the spell cleave groups became a thing when classic came out too so :woman_shrugging:. Seriously thinking most of the people just aren’t expecting SoM to be “much of a challenge” when in reality it did become a challenge for some that pushed how easy the content was.

I mean I shouldn’t have to spell out, 99% know what I mean when I say class touch ups, for example, fear ward going to all priests. Talent corrections… Some talent tree’s are and were half baked, that’s what happens when your game is so damn successful that the first solid year you’re trying to play IT control bc you don’t have the servers to handle it. Not to mention they rushed Kalimdor, because big money was getting pissy as per always. But im going off topic here. Subtle changes would be nice, but not expected nor required.

So when I say touch ups, it’s implied you should know what I’m talking about.

1 Like

It never ceases to amaze me how people in her asking for class changes or “touch ups” from the current dev team that is also responsible for retail. Like are you people for real? As if their touches would actually enhance the game. In what world are you kids living?

Its like letting go of a fox in a henhouse because you feel that all the brown chickens in there oughta be white. Im sure the fox will distinguish between them when you let it loose.

Stop putting bad ideas on their table. Thanks.

6 Likes

You simply don’t understand. Blizzard will only make slight reasonable adjustments that make sense. There’s simply no precedent for things getting out of control. Not on their watch.

3 Likes

It goes both ways, you think if they make changes they are going to completely change the system. At the end of the day classic is limited by talents and spells, they are not going to give us artefacts or just like a 10 option talent tree.

If they tweak a few meme specs here and there it is not going to throw classic on its head and destroy the game. Blizzard wouldn’t devote the resources needed to fully homogenise classes and they probably know that noone wants this either. They know they could get away with a few buffs to mana issues and then people would be happy enough so why would they devote any more time to it?

Tweaks to meme classes aren’t going to affect mage/warr/rogue mains so I don’t understand the big issue, if anything it will help even the spread of classes in a raid and you will get more gear.

1 Like

Why even risk the “what if” in this scenario. Game is fine and perfectly playable as it is. Its best to let the whole thing die, than to “enhance” it even further.

1 Like

Not so sure about the “gear” spread cause if I raided as ele and still got farmed by mage lock why would I get a MIC over them tho.

Because you’re not completely useless if they buff your spec. You won’t get anything over them by being useless.

1 Like

Think about tbc, locks and mages pump a lot harder than ele shamans but they still get given gear, gearing them up still boosts their damage it doesn’t mean if you give a belt to them over a mage that the overall raid dps won’t increase at all. And depending on your loot rules it will just mean the ele will put more effort in if it’s LC and could probably beat a lot of lazy mages if they were flasking etc. If it’s between a lazy mage and a lazy shaman, sure give it to the mage.

My main point in terms of loot distribution was with a larger pool of specs and classes you don’t have 25 warriors and rogues all fighting for the same weapons. Some of your melee might be ret/enh and go for a 2h to break it up, or you might have more casters thrown in so you won’t have such a tough time gearing up over half a raid full of melee who all want the same things.

1 Like

AV (hopefully) and MC and Ony are going to be fun. BWL is going to be okay…ZG worse, AQ, I wish you were better but no. Naxx is really fun, but KT is such a uninspired way to finish the game.

to say it’s “perfectly playable” is a laugh. It’s not perfectly playable. A paladin can not do anything other then heal in a raid compared to other classes that can dps, or tank for that matter. Can they do it though? Yes, but not really. Not as much control when it involves threat like a druid or a warrior and can’t dish out the damage like a warrior, rogue, lock, mage, druid…heck, even shadow priests are low on there also.

1 Like

Yea its almost like you have to make a choice when rolling your character. Tough right? Imagine having to be faced with the notion of being a healer when you opt to roll a paladin in raids. Mind you thats just in raids. You can still go ret outside of it, its just fine.

Its like in those old RPGs you know. You roll a class destined to heal, you will end up… you know healing. Its not even bad. All you can not do is dps in a raid. And even that is smth a few guilds have no issue with.

No! What you want is have every class viable for every single spec in raids. Doesn’t matter that you rolled a hybrid. Why should you suffer any downside to a pure dps class eh?

This is exactly the reasoning why modern WoW sucks. Cause every kid feels entitled to be able to do everything, regardless what class they rolled. Why even have classes in the first place then?

Paladins have to heal in raids, big whoop. Just deal with it. Either find a guild that allows your ret into the raid, or just deal with the fact that you have to heal. If you want to play ret, you can do it outside of raids and they have their uses there. The game isn’t just raids.

Why everyone is trying to ruin what makes this game great is beyond me. Just go back to retail

4 Likes

Same thing for shamans, and druids and priests when it comes to healing. THey are playing a class, followed by a role. Not a defacto paladin = heal, or priest for that matter. Same thing when involving a warrior or a druid, defacto tank.

No, you are wrong in every shape and form of an rpg. I’ve never played anygame from dnd to wow, that made a class like the paladin or such to be this at all. Paladin =/= healer. All the classes should have a base line where they could COMPETE against others to be “top dps” or “top heal” oh right this is parsing, don’t you think they SHOULD let this happen instead of just shoe horning people? because then it’s no longer “an RPG” now is it?

Warriors aren’t a pure dps class yet they top the meters. You also say most guilds have no issue bringing ret paladins, did you ever play classic? That is just completely wrong, no guild will take a ret paladin that does not have to fill numbers, that is the only reason they would take a ret.

What makes this game great isn’t the pigeon holing of players into the specs that the meta deem viable. This nonsense that hybrids have to heal is just silly. Shamans have 2 dps specs and 1 healing spec yet are delegated to healing. Druids have 4 different roles yet are delegated to healing (and are worse than all other healers). Paladins have a useless tanking and dps spec. Priests are the only class I would say are supposed to be a pure healing class, and their dps spec is more “viable” than all of the others due to their shadow buff, but people would still bring a holy weaver instead if it was available.

Saying that we are trying to ruin the game because you want to play the exact same specs and classes forever is bad for the game. You say these specs have their place, but you can barely get any gear for any of these specs unless you raid for months in a spec you may simply not want to play until loot is going to OS. And now with the shorter timeline you may never be able to make a reasonable gear set for any of these specs unless you pvp in blues and greens and get stomped every bg.

1 Like

I think im just fine in my assessment. Paladins are able to dps/tank and heal in this game. They might not be viable dps in raids, but they can still dps in dungeons. They can tank dungeons. They might not be great in raids. In raids they heal. As said, raids are just a part of this game.
You all act like there is only raids, and everything else is useless garbage. Well then don’t roll a pally.

The whole string of arguments around hybrids is laughable. I main a druid and while I am aware that feral tanks are a thing and you can even pull it of with great effort, I know ill never outtank a warrior in raids. I shine in Dungeons though. My feral kitty dps will not keep up with a rogue and my healing won’t be the best either if i go head on with other healers most likely, but hey thats just the nature of this game.

What you all want is to have every class be viable in every spec for raids. You decided to roll class x and now that you made it to end lvl the game devs better make sure you can do everything as good as everyone else can. Nvm if its BS or ruining any form of meaningful choice or impact in the game itself.

Its exactly this mindset why we end up with retail wow. None of you are able to deal with the consequences of your choices (classes if you will). Spoiled little children.

2 Likes

I did, where did i say that?

Edit: You didn’t even read my post/point, so i will do you the same courtesy and not read yours.

2 Likes

what is with people who insist on dealing lots of damage as a paladin :expressionless:

1 Like

Must of misread this.

1 Like

here’s the issue, if we are going by the classes description for paladin, they are labeled as POWERFUL WARRIORS, but the reality is, they aren’t. Blizzard should BUFF paladins to be able to offer other things besides just healing from an endgame perspective. And truth be told, my experience with tank paladins wasn’t good, mostly from mages deciding to blink in and pull more mobs so they could AoE everything and wipe the party and complain about it.

Sad part is, they aren’t that “viable”, it’s less viable.

1 Like