New talent trees

Protective Growth. New talent, row 2. Your Regrowth protects you, reducing all damage you take by 3% while it is on you.

Improved Bleeds. Changed to 1 rank (from 2).

Pouncing Strikes. New talent, row 3. Grants extra damage & combo points to Shred & Rake when striking from stealth.

Tireless Energy. Renamed from Max Energy, changed to 2 ranks (from 3) and grants 2% haste per rank.

Sabertooth. Now increases Ferocious Bite damage by 20% and increases damage dealt by Rip by 4% for each combo point spent for 4 seconds.

Piercing Claws (2 ranks). New talent, row 4. Critical Strike chance increased by 2%.

Double-Clawed Rake. New talent, row 4. Rake also applies Rake to 1 additional nearby target.

Sudden Ambush. Changed to 2 ranks (from 3) and grants 5% chance to strike as if from stealth per rank (up from 1%).

Dreadful Bleeding. New talent, row 5. Rip damage increased by 15%.

Berserk. Replaces Berserk: Relentlessness. Berserk now grants combo point refund on finishing moves and causes Rake & Shred to deal damage as if stealthed.

Tear Open Wounds. New talent, row 5. Primal Wrath consumes up to 4 sec of Rip damage on targets it hits and deals 75% of it instantly.

Taste for Blood. Changed to 2 ranks (from 3).

Ferocious Frenzy. New talent, row 6. Ferocious Bite also hits nearby enemies within 8 yds afflicted by Rip for 25% damage. Deals reduced damage over 8 targets.

Infected Wounds. Now also increases Rake damage by 20%.

Row 7 choice node:

*** Raging Fury. New talent. Finishing moves extend the duration of Tiger’s Fury by 0.2 sec per combo point spent.**
*** Frantic Momentum. New talent. Finishing moves have a 3% chance per combo point spent to grant 10% Haste for 6 seconds.**

Berserk: Heart of the Lion. New talent, row 7. Each combo point spent reduces the cooldown of Berserk by 0.5 seconds.

Berserk: Frenzy. No longer causes combo point generating abilities to reduce the cooldown of Berserk.

Wild Slashes. New talent, row 7, choice node with Brutal Slash. Swipe and Thrash deal 20% more damage.

Bite Force. New talent, row 9, choice node with Bloodtalons. Ferocious Bite and Rip deal +10% damage.

Row 9 choice node:

*** Veinripper. New talent. Rip & Rake & Thrash last +25% longer**
*** Rip & Tear. New talent. Applying Rip to a target also applies a Tear that deals X Bleed damage per combo point spent over 6 sec.**

Feral Frenzy and Apex Predator are now standalone talents.

Ashamane’s Guidance. Was Modal Cooldown Bonus. Gives auto attacks a chance to trigger Incarnation for 6 sec, or reduces Convoke the Spirits’ duration by 25% and gives it an increased chance to trigger a powerful ability.

Removed Talents

*** Improved Tiger’s Fury. Tiger’s Fury now always grants 50 Energy.**
*** Improved Shred.**
*** Improved Prowl.**
*** Berserk: Jungle Stalker.**
*** Savage Roar.**
*** Draught of Deep Focus.**

Thank you for your patience and your feedback

Most Feral changes only pump and tune our main damage skills. All of this can be solved with +% damage in hotfixes( Or -% damage)! We wanted to be hyped like mages / shaman or war and get NEW awsome stuffs. Not that!

Im so sad!!!

2 Likes

I’m ok with returning to bleeds etc…as long as they act fast, I don’t want ANOTHER expect where power creep is so stupid everything dies in two seconds and feral is screwed AGAIN in mythic+ because it can’t burst due to everything being about slow bleeds etc…

4 Likes

The changes made to the Feral tree are very encouraging. Things look and sound great, but I’ll need to test them out to see how they feel. The direction is awesome, the bite build was cool, but it got boring really quick. Hopefully cleave and AoE are fixed / addressed. Since M+ is a pillar of WoW now, if AoE, ST, and Cleave are not as balanced as other specs, then Feral will be shunned by the community again… which killed the game for me since I could not raid Mythic and do high M+ keys (shunned by the community). I’m sure if anyone doubts that, they can simply go to Raider IO and see how poorly represented Feral is.

1 Like

Berserk: Heart of the Lion . New talent, row 7. Each combo point spent reduces the cooldown of Berserk by 0.5 seconds.

Would definitely be nice if Balance gets something like this for CA if we’re stuck with a 3min CD going into DF.

I hope that the resto mastery changes include something more in depth than just playing off how the current mastery works.

Someone was making suggestions on the development post based on over-healing and I think that might have some merit.

Having mastery store over-healing to then increase one of our other spells this could even include a damage spell.

I personally don’t find anything super compelling about stacking hots to do X amount more healing although it has been pointed out to me that I’m in the minority on this.

The detail is that the Rdruid mastery is very outdated or even does not synergize with the current rotation. That too even the mastery of the Druid tank.
Many of us are giving ideas to improve the mastery through X sources, I even thought of proposing the topic of returning living seed as a mastery (although it may not be to the liking of many). I still prefer the other versions that can extend the duration of hots or make them heal faster.

Wow looking at it now, there’s not even a single DPS druid within the top 100 if I’m seeing this right.

Yikes lol.

The only spec sticking up for the druid is the Rdruid and recently 1 druid tank. As for +30 XD

I mean, besides the fact that using this as a measurement is very strange (since it will almost always be full of meta specs anyway), Tettles would easily be top 100 if he didn’t have to spend half of the last 2 push weeks casting.

I’m aware of that, this is my first time glancing at this sort of information because I always wanted to see where druids were performance-wise.

I find it’s powerful when constant healing is needed and otherwise kind of meh.

It works, but it’s not very exciting.

I like your idea of having some sort of overheal conversion to either other healing or damage.

Being a class with a 3 min DPS cooldown that’s weaker than other classes 1 min cooldowns certainly hurts.

3 Likes

Definitely.

When I first saw the ability I assumed it worked both ways for everyone.

It’d be fine if the healing did splash damage but to just one target feels very “meh”.

Removing the abomination that the last tree was from my mind.

This is a solid itteration with only a couple of weak points.

predatory swiftness: This talent is just weirdly placed as there isnt another choice at the same tier of the tree that offers similar ‘benefits’. This has been a talent/ability that has been so engrained into the feral playstyle its going to be very hard and uncomfortable road trying to break that muscle memory …be it for heals or utility or as it used to be used…BT procing.

Protective Growth: Getting a damage reduction from using regrowth would make complete sense at that point in the tree if predatory swiftness was also baseline OR baked into that talent. This is a complete waste of a point if you do not go PS and 3% is pretty weak even if we had PS.

Piercing Claws: Flat crit seems great but with no clear paths down and the way points are spent in this point gate area means that the haste + max energy talent (tireless energy) will just completely outclasses it and provides routes down the tree while piercing claws offers no tree mobility.

My 2head solution to all this would be switching PS and PC in the tree maybe? probably a lot better solutions out there.

Adaptive Swarm: The talents for this have potential but having to commit 3 points into a capstone ability to make it function makes it really hard to build around it and feel happy about it. Without the conduit its value also drops off.

Overall i am pretty happy with most of the talent placements and options going down. The removal of sabertooth and the push towards bleeds and extra AoE options is great. Skill expression has been brought back in form of bleed management and LI potential.

keep it up devs

when will the updated tree be on the calculator?

It’s typically when the next patch goes in, so next week likely.

ok looking forward to that

ty!

I gotta admit, reading the latest updates coming to Feral has me feeling split.
On one side I feel “Heck yeah they are finally changing the spec a bit and making it not so Bitey”
On the other, going Bleed-centric has me a bit worried with as much burst damage exists in the game currently. If the talents to improve bleeds and primal wrath using rip duration for damage (If I read that correctly) work well then it could still be pretty fun on shorter lived mobs. If the bleeds have to get rolling on each pack it’s going to feel a little meh. Raid bosses could be more fun though.
All in all, I’m looking forward to at least trying out the gameplay changes.

1 Like

This is better, but there’s definitely still some hair on it

1. Raid buff, aka bring back LotP

Feral still has little to nothing to offer beyond pure DPS. Especially with paladins getting a brez now, the argument for including a cat in your roster is a challenging one. With the stated goal being “one of each class should be optimal,” it’s time to bring back Leader of the Pack. Cut the 2/4% crit chance node, add one more point of fluff somewhere, and give us back our raid buff.

1. Burst AoE

I’m happy for the bleed enjoyers out there getting their way, but I do have concerns around the amount of ramp up time we’ll need to hit our stride in AoE. Build to 5, PW, build to 5 again, then multi-bite or PW again depending on tuning / target count. In the meantime, your SV hunter or Lock or Mage started from the word go and everything is mostly dead before you’ve gotten started.

1. Filler

2/4% crit, 2/4% haste, +3% TF damage, 10% bite/rip… There are still quite a few points in here that just don’t feel good to pick, even when they are the correct choice.

3 Likes