New talent trees

So …either druid is left to be a hot pile of compost…or a major rework is being done.

Would be nice if they could make druid feel like a finished product this expac.

2 Likes

It’s sad that the druid (and other classes) have almost little or low response from the developers and the hunter literally… they release changes every 1 week at least… I don’t know what to think of Blizzard now ._. (and that he originally had faith and hope that’s why he was impartial and sometimes defended Blizzard to a certain extent)

1 Like

I really doubt they have seen this feedback?
None of the recent changes are druid related at all

4 Likes

Take a chill pill and go do something better with your time, the whole ‘losing faith’ and doom attitude is cringe. It’s still extremely early in the friends & family stage and they’re gradually rolling other classes out and making iterations.

You have my permission to complain so excessively if its the same in 1-2 months from now.

Also btw they have made some changes to Guardian/Resto and will be more to come.

1 Like

Well basically I express my discontent with the few comments to various classes, not only to the druid and those “changes” that you mention because if they have been made, some have given them like a glove (half), but others have not fitted correctly or at least they haven’t fixed anything yet regarding the feedback provided by classes like Spriest, Feral Druid, Boomy, Guardian Druid, DK, etc. On the other hand, the Hunter has had more responses/comments along with a large number of changes in less time (Note: I do not count the Evoker because it is a new class) and the other classes have had changes such as the Rogue and I think I remember that Shaman too but they have been few while the aforementioned Hunter has had many and that his talent tree came out later than the others (I will assume that it came out very bad and it is still bad to have so many adjustments/changes).

Well, it is my only complaint that I have had that it is only the subject of answers or changes to other classes, since I enter the forum and find countless comments in the normal forums of Priest, DK, Rogue, Druid, etc. Like those of DF and it is worth mentioning that I am not saying that the Hunter does not have comments or feedback but it seems a bit frustrating to me to see that this is the only one that has had more constant changes (since his talent tree came out of course).

As I mentioned, they did make changes but some… like some things still need to be fine-tuned… but they’ve already had a lot of feedback on it for a long time (not forgetting the other specs). The only good thing is that thanks to many adjustments they managed to make the base druid tree better than it was before.

Hunters getting changes should be seen as a good example of how they are listening and making iterations on trees. It shouldn’t be seen as favouritism or in a jealous way. There could be many reasons why Hunter is getting more blue posts, and my guess would be that’s simply how that particular designer(s) likes to work, through small and regular iteration and updates.

Furthermore – there’s still several classes without any trees released, and it could very well be those are being prioritised before any significant Druid updates (and the many other classes without significant updates). Hunter dev might not be working on any of those unreleased, whereas Druid devs might be, and I think it’s only fair and logical that they get the remaining class trees out as quickly as they can for initial feedback before making significant Druid changes. There is also a lot of feedback to go through for Druid as well, across all specs.

For all we know, Druid is getting a lot overhauled. It was the first tree afterall, and it’s a bit of a complex one, especially compared to Hunter, given it’s the only class with 4 specs, all of which being very different roles.

A good example of why the above might be true is because the Rogue (and Shaman) tree are the best so far, they are more or less ‘complete’ and well received, and therefore, they saw some minor rearrangements and tuning this past week, because they are close to what the final trees will be. If Druid is seeing significant rework, you’re not going to see minor adjustments to the current trees.

Naturally, the first trees released would have more cracks in them than the later ones, and frankly, we are fortunate we got to go first and have time to provide so much feedback.

Feel free to quote this next statement and say I told you so in a few months if it turns out wrong: but I genuinely think people who think there’s going to be no significant changes are morons.

Additionally, why rush them? It will be updated when its ready, I see no point in crying for blue posts whereby they feel obliged to rush something out, then either collect pointless data (in the form of feedback) on something that isn’t complete. Similarly, I’m sure they don’t want to put a half baked update out only for everyone to start crying even more. In fact, if the next Druid update is underwhelming, that would only be more troubling and cause for concern.

It is early alpha, chin up, we’re all gonna make it.

(Happy for you to say I told you so if I end up wrong).

1 Like

Well, it is true, it must be admitted that the hunters are receiving changes thanks to the fact that they are listening to the community.

But it is more than all concern that even if it doesn’t seem like it or well according to what I read “DF/Dragonflight will be out before December 31” in case that statement is not respected (which if they don’t, for me there is no problem, I I would even be happy because it would give them more time to address some issues and polish if possible some things in the story that they are developing for the release of DF). And in case they respect the date… well, they will have to try to give some other change or at least a statement from someone in charge of Blizzard (About some change soon) so that at least we are not left with the intrigue (another thing that if I remember reading is that they have worked before so I hope that they only lack the structuring of the class trees).

And, you’re right the Shaman and Rogue tree (at least with my basic knowledge of shaman) they look amazing even though of course they lacked some adjustments (which they are doing) but at least they don’t have as many problems as the others already revealed. But if you think about it, if they add some other change (as they do with the Hunter) they could receive more feedback and see if they have found the problem or not (because in that case after so many comments from the players give a small amount of changes… that can be a bit daunting but we’ll see).

What scares me the most as a player… (and I know it’s out of place with the topic) is that DF is a failure (but so far it’s going well in terms of Lore, the new race/class and others but they have had problems with the content and balance of classes) since if they go 3 times in a row… then I may lose many subscribers (and I would hate to see a game that brought me so much joy decline = /).

PS: The classes that I do feel have been depressed (or at least a little) by the game mode that they still have, I think it would be the Spriest along with the boomys and I doubt that they will change them unless they listen to the community that no one likes to have a form of the void and mess with the current Eclipse system.

1 Like

All I’m saying is people providing feedback etc is good but crying about Hunters getting posts is cringe, and similarly the same about Druids not getting any yet or demanding they address us immediately. It’s just way too early for such desperation.

Obviously it would be nice to get a post or update - absolutely, but people really need to relax is all I’m saying and not resort to such extreme negativity quite yet.

Chill and write your feedback, not nag ‘is it done yet is it done yet, why are they ignoring us.’

From past experience, they give feedback and changes
The biggest impression is that only the talents have changed, and only the new Primal Wrath and Sabertooth have moved to the first layer of talents (Lv.15), and the mechanism of Bloodtalons has been changed.
All that’s left is the damage aura adjustment, and the ever-changing Thrash damage

In general, what about even calmly writing feedback?
It’s also a fact that they still don’t respond. They always increase the “minor” damage aura casually and then pat their butts and leave.

Always turn a blind eye to the deformed mess they have designed for so many years

Frankly speaking, what is the difference between 10.0 talent and now?
The basic problem has not changed or improved. The whole is not interesting. It is not fun. Some talent nodes are incomprehensible.

Although I know what you’re trying to say, it’s hard for me to calm my anger over their past behavior

3 Likes

Make the heart of the wild node a choice between 5 min 45s and oath legendary 10s after shifting on a 1 min cd

I feel like the 10sec of heart via shifting on a 1 minute CD (oath of the elder druid legendary) is much more interesting and useful in most situations. As far as uptime, that’d net you an extra 5 seconds of heart if played perfectly, but isn’t the point of more active management to be rewarded?
Granted, you might want to shift into bear defensively but have your heart for casting heals. Well hey, tradeoffs and decision making right? Even more reason to put it in as a choice node.

It gives players an opportunity to shine while still providing a press-and-forget option for those that don’t care about managing a bunch of timers and lining them up with specific mechanics.

2 Likes

I agree with you, I think it would be more interesting if this talent you mention was put instead of “Well-honed instincts” and this other one was put in another more accessible place. Or they could also replace Stampending Roar rank 2 and put this one. Or something much better… give us the base Soothe (because it’s a base spell of all druid forms) and put the oath legendary in its place. There are thousands of possibilities or ways to improve the base class and specs tree, but I hope you will also take into account some comments from this forum (that is, very different from the one from the DF)

I agree past experiences have been very frustrating, especially as a Feral druid.

All I’m saying is chill, I think its a bit early for such excessive doom.

Then again you do you, but sometimes its just good to chill out and be patient, rather than overthink all this.

1 Like

Among all… I think the feral is the one who feels the most frustrated after so much time… I mean he hasn’t had a moment to shine (except in PvP). I just hope they manage to fix it… otherwise we won’t know whether to trust Blizzard or the future of the poor feral =/

1 Like

Recommend Restoration Druid Talent Tree Changes

• Ysera’s Gift

Recommend changes: Reduce talent point cost from 3 to 2.

The talent point reduction to Ysera’s will cause an imbalance in this teir of the tree. This teir of the tree could nearly be maxed out, just by spending the required amount of points necessary to progress down the tree. By design the talent trees are supposed to force the player to choose some talents over another.

In order to maintain this design of player choice, additional talents should be added to this teir of the tree, to compensate for the lesser amount of talent points needed to fill this part of the tree.

I recommend adding another talent diagonally down from Ysera’s Gift. That talent being a Restoration version of Force of Nature. Which would summon three treants that will cast Healing Touch. Force of Nature is a fun ability, although typically a Balance spell, its very fitting for the Resto Druid spec fantasy of summoning and using nature & plants to heal.

• Convoke The Spirits

Recommend Changes: Remove & Replace

This spell is not inline with the Druid class fantasy or restoration specialization fantasy. Druids do not convoke with spirits or the dead. This is more of an ability that fits the Shaman’s class fantasy as they commune with ancestral spirits and elements to heal.

Further to that, the spell itself is not very imaginative, creative, inspired or have any synergy with existing druid spells and abilities. What the spell is, in a nut shell, is just spamming a bunch of abilities at once and being over powered. This is something I would have thought of as a seven year old, as being cool. Currently players only like this spell because its powerful and useful, not because its creative, unique, imaginative, inspired or fitting.

Therefore I think it should be removed and replaced with a new spell or ability. My recommendation is;

Living Seed
10% of your overhealing received or done plants a Living Seed on the target for up to 10% of the caster’s health. The Living Seed will bloom when the target is next attacked. Lasts 15 sec.

(This is a merger and blending of the old Wrath of the Lich King talent and the Nightfae conduit Empowered Chrysalis. It addresses some of the issues resto druids have with over healing. Often times when a Druid has a hot on a target the health bar will get topped off by another healer, resulting in the hot over healing as its ticking on a fully healed target. Since Dragonflight is going back to a more classic state of mind and wrath classic also coming out soon, it would be nice to see some of these older talents and abilities people liked being given a new purpose or a breath of new life.)

• Adaptive Swarm

Recommend Changes: Cosmetic Alteration

Rename Adaptive Swarm to Insect Swarm, change the icon to Insect Swarm’s, the spell animation to Insect Swarm’s, and spell damage to Nature instead of Shadow, but keep the mechanics of Adaptive Swarm.

The original Insect Swarm is an iconic and original Druid ability, that should be brought back and retooled with the usefulness mechanics of Adaptive Swarm.

This way it looks less undeathly/ death knighty & less carion/ blight looking and more about nature and insects pollinating plants and flowers, as well as protecting the druid by stinging enemies. This would be more inline with the class fantasy of Druids.

Shadowlands is over we’re leaving the world of the undead behind, lets get back to core World of Warcraft and maintain the integrity of class fantasy.

• Unbridled Swarm

I would also rename the Unbridled Swarm talent to Improved Insect Swarm, but keep the mechanics of the spell improvement the same.

• Modual Cooldown Bonus

Recommend Changes: Add an improved version of Swiftmend to Incarnation: Tree of Life.

I recommend baking the old Prosperity talent into the talent thats supposed to improve Incarnation: Tree of Life. This would add a second charge to Swiftmend while under the effects of Incarnation.

Also this no longer improves Convoke the Spirits as it would be removed. Instead it would increase the amount of over healing Living Seed redistributes.

1 Like

I’m not in crisis mode yet and given that some of the Druid trees probably need a full rework, I’m not that surprised that there’s been no major changes yet as that probably takes some time. Especially since we were one of the first classes to get our tree and it looks to me like they definitely learned a few lessons as they were designing some of those trees, lessons which Druid was too early to benefit from.

My concern isn’t that we haven’t been given any reworks, since I’m honestly not sure I expect those before every class has a tree. But rather my concern is that at this point Druid is one of the only classes that Blizzard hasn’t responded to feedback to. I don’t need any changes but just a blue post acknowledging what the common issues are would be nice. At the moment it feels like we’re shouting at a brick wall and my fear is that even if we get the rework, it’ll be a tone-deaf rework no better than what we have now.

10 Likes

I agree, the only thing players ask now is “an answer” not “a change”. Because it obviously requires work but it would be nice to receive at least 1 response.

1 Like

“It’s only alpha, they’ll fix it!”
“It’s only beta, they’ll fix it!”
“It’s only prepatch, they’ll fix it!”
“It’s only the first day of the expansion, they’ll fix it!”

Spoilers: It never gets fixed. Now is the time to make important suggestions, or the changes will never see the light of day.

15 Likes

Looks like some changes were made in the latest alpha build. Don’t get too excited, though: they’re a big nothing-burger.

For feral, Survival Instincts was moved out from under Brutal Slash. But that’s it. Brutal Slash is still gatekeeping a few other major talents requiring the loss of Swipe (and any reasonable sustained AoE dps) to reach them. Yay. We get to spend a class talent and a spec talent to lose dps. Whomever is working on our trees is either ignoring feedback or doesn’t know our specs.

In the latest alpha build, Starfall seems to have reveived the same 15% it just got on live. But that’s it. No haste scaling, no way to stack it, and still the same issue with resource capping during AoE.

All this after a month of waiting for changes.

6 Likes

Seems like in reality feral was given fewer choises with seo changes.

1 Like

But on the flip side Reshyk, not only were we one of the first classes debuted, they’ve also unveiled other classes and have done reworks to those classes based on feedback that was given immediately following the talent tree release, yet where’s ours?

I’m just honestly at a point where I literally cannot stand the complacent attitude anymore. The other classes and specs that get reworks literally cry like babies for days on end until the devs make changes, and we try to be adults and what do we get?

I agree and that’s why I don’t think being complacent and giving them outs on why they have not yet responded to feedback is unacceptable.

8 Likes