New Specs Rather Than New Classes

I think people would rather see this sort of thing given to Warriors and Paladins get some sort of casting DPS in addition to the melee DPS of Retribution.

I’d actually be ok with this. Might make it like a mini version of the Legion Class Halls.

3 Likes

THey could so do that as a way to get rid of the Legion on system we have been given .

Give us a couple of abilities each expansion like we got with the covenants and at the end of the expansion put them in the slots of a couple of old abilities that don’t get used and repeat with the next expansion over a few xpacs the old unused ones will be replaced .

I would rather have something like that happen the the repeated passive talent tree systems that get constantly renamed and reshaped to fit the xpac they are in .

We’re wanting 5G tech and Blizz is using

tech

Or should I say Tac

2 Likes

I’d love it if they could add fourthspec-for-all. Demon Hunters and Death Knights could get ranged caster specs. Rogues and Warriors could get ranged weapon specs. Mages could tap into electricity, shaman could be tanks, the list goes on. I’d love it if paladins got a hybrid ranged spells/ranged weapons spec! New, fun abilities would get added for everyone—without spellbar bloat becoming an issue.

Unfortunately, creating fourthspecs for everyone would be a lot of work. Probably more work than Blizzard would be willing, or even able, to put into an expansion.

And to be honest, Blizzard’s class design philosophies aren’t as fun as they were during MoP—and even then, they had their problems, even if they’re not as bad as they are today. If Blizzard didn’t change their class design philosophies, it could ruin the new specs, or even the existing specs—existing specs would inevitably need to be rethought if they were going to add fourthspec-for-all.

Don’t get me wrong: if they could do it, and if Blizzard actually changed their design philosophies to enable a lot more fun than the game currently has, then fourthspec-for-all would be nothing short of amazing! I just don’t think it’ll happen.

1 Like

Spellbreaker tank spec for mage from WC3 yes! I want to don a big freaking shield in one hand and dual blade sword in the other. It’s not that I don’t want to tank or heal but my class can’t do either and I can’t bring myself to main another class since I’m attached to this one and been playing it for so long.

1 Like

Name open for discussion. But yes, all for it!

A caster DPS spec for paladins isn’t a bad idea, but I feel like priests would be more likely to get a holy caster DPS spec.

Maybe, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a large number of people who want a sword and shield DPS spec to replace Gladiator Stance from WoD.

instead of adding new specs, how about fixing the old ones and make existing classes better and more fun to play?

Alternatively, they could give a bow spec to Rogue. I’ve seen people talk about how Rogue needs a 4th ranged spec of some sort. Bows, Shuriken, Thrown Knives, that sort of thing.

Why not both? Bows are severely under used in WoW. Making a paladin and a rogue bow spec feel distinct shouldn’t be too hard.

Honestly, I’d take anything, a Priest 4th spec giving 1h and shields/off hands or staffs that’s pure holy dps I’d take!!.

It’s major cool-down being Lights Embrace, becoming an avatar of holy fire empowering you would be visually amazing. Turning into a avatar of the Light!.

I don’t feel like bows are a Paladin thing, and I think you would be hard-pressed to find any other game, video or tabletop, where a Paladin would use something like that. Generally speaking, that would be something more geared toward a Warrior or Rogue or Ranger (Hunter in the case of WoW). There are even games where Paladins/Clerics don’t even use any weapon with an edge. Blunt weapons only.

I think if they did a 4th spec for Priest, this would be the most likely thing to do, but then I’m not sure what they would do for Paladin that wouldn’t look similar.

Paladins could get a Ranged bow wielding spec, Holy/Celestial Ranger type deal, focusing in Holy Arrow spells, it’s major cool-down could be Heavens Fury, where for “X” seconds Holy arrows rain from the heavens onto your target in a AoE granting Holy Power, which then can be used for your other skills.

1 Like

Warriors with vrykul stance .i mean when you go in vrykul stance your character turns in vrykul would be cool :slight_smile:

I kinda like this idea actually. That would sort of make sense. Almost reminds me of Eric from the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon with his magic bow with arrows that came out of nowhere (technically he was a Ranger, but I could see this bow looking like that).

1 Like

The bow could have an xmog where it materialises in your hand when you draw it out of pure holy powers!

2 Likes

I will admit, 90% of the reason I want this spec is because of the light arrows from Zelda. Another reason I want it is because the combo of paladins and bows is so rare. I think that on some level people see ranged weapons as “dishonourable” and thus not fit for a knight in shining armour to wield. Personally I like the idea that being good does not mean you act like an idiot and charge into the dragon’s mouth. Empowering arrows with holy power and raining judgment down on the monsters (especially when they’re 10 times your size) seems like the smart option.

1 Like

This is the reason I don’t think you would ever see that. Paladins/Clerics are just written a different way, to be “honorable” at all times. Yeah, using a ranged weapon for a wielder of the Light like that wouldn’t be seen in a positive light.

Is hitting people with magic blasts or throwing magic hammers at people really more honourable than shooting magic arrows at them?

Is the idea of being a ranged combatant seen as cowardly or is there something about the bow itself that makes it seem worse?

It’s always the mage and hunter players

1 Like