New Spec for Rogues

Hate to break it to you but currently on beta we only have 2, and only had 2 for pretty much all of BFA.

If rogues ever see another spec it should be tank imo. Rogues are known for being melee anyway, a ranged spec just wouldn’t suit them.

Ranged would suit them a lot more than tank. Why would an Assassin even be a tank? Shen in League of Legends is already weird enough.

The game actually has a lot of melee specs compared to ranged and even lost one ranged spec with Survival rework back in Legion. A gunslinger Rogue with bandit fantasy and hit and run playstyle would actually be good, but expecting a 4th spec from Blizzard at this point is really just dreaming.

At this point adding to, fixing, or changing things around this much is worse and much less preferable to me than just starting WoW 2 would be.

WoW is suffering from old age. IMHO the greatest thing that could happen would be to let it die and start anew.

Outlaw is distinct enough to not warrant a rework like Survival for Hunters, it’s also loved by quite a few players that would likely be very upset their favorite melee spec suddenly became Ranged.

You could argue it as a 4th spec but you run into a few balance and design problems. If they kept Stealth and Vanish that would likely anger a lot of players trying to fight a Ranged class that can stealth around and vanish mid-fight, if they removed stealth then there is no point in attaching it to Rogues.

You also have a problem with weapons, would Gunslinger have unique 1h pistols? We already have Agility daggers than no other class can use, wouldn’t make sense adding another weapon no one else can use. They could allow us to use Hunter guns but shrinking them down to be Dual-Wielding size might look awkward.

However I would still like to see them attempt to add a 4th Gunslinger spec for Rogues, I believe the Energy/Combat Point system would feel really good on a Ranged spec and would already be entirely different from the other Ranged specs just off that system alone. They could keep Stealth and Vanish but we can only stay in Stealth for a limited time to keep it balanced for Ranged. Dual-Wielding pistols would be aesthetically pleasing, they would only need to changed Pistol Shot to an new melee ability and give Between the Eyes a new icon for Outlaw.

They could pour so many cool abilities and themes into it, there wouldn’t be enough content to warrant it a separate class so a 4th spec is perfect. This would give them a reason to bring back Cannon Ball Barrage, I’d like to see a Cannonball turret you can spawn on a low CD like the trinket from Tol Dagor.

A solution to the Dual-Wielding pistols being unique to only Rogues would just be giving us a single Gun like Hunters, not being able to use Dual Pistols would only be a minor disappointment for visual aesthetics.

IMO outlaw should have been a ranged spec when they made that change. Heck give it rifles since no one else sues them but hunters now with pistols as backups or short range skills.
Alas that ship has sailed but yeah, thats what they should have done then.

I miss combat so much cries in assassination

1 Like

I never really understood the appeal of old Combat, it felt so boring. Bandit’s Guile is returning as a legendary and we get Dread Blades again, Outlaw is so much more interactive and interesting than Combat ever was IMO.

It looks and sounds awful is my entire concern with outlaw. Otherwise the difference between it and combat in terms of gameplay is minimal imo. A mobility button and some ranged attacks.

Remove pistols. Remove BTE, and by remove i mean reskin if you’re so in love with their gameplay.

Remove saber slash. Remove that awful sound. Remove the upwards-diagonal swings. Remove the flintlock or whatever pistols. Just make it normal again. This pirate crap has gone on long enough.

the swings are fine imo but like i realllly hate how slow it is and how sometimes when your doing ur rotation itll just pause at a half animation to do a flintlock thing or another attack it makes it look awkward and doesnt feel rewarding at all.

i agree glyphs need to come back and we need more choices whenever we play a spec.

same with sub i love the shadowy ability on my troll but if kyrian is best ill go blood elf (high elf because of all the gold and blue that matches the aesthetic)

then sub would feel weird idk it would be cool to change the colors to red, white, and the normal purple just for reasons

I personally really hate them. Why fight gravity for every swing? It just doesn’t make sense to attack like that, especially repeatedly.

An upward swing is usually harder to react to, but also harder to pull off.

Which is why I said for every swing. It’s not like we main gauche or w/e the upwards swing animation. it’s our go-to, back and forth, double swing or single swing proc, spammed, sinister strike animation. There’s no benefit of surprise here when it’s our bread and butter.

Which, also, jarringly clashes with every single race’s 1h dual weild combat animations.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind if some animations were reworked. It’s always irked me how my Belf Rogue raises his hands to the air like he just doesn’t care to Vanish. I want an animation where he tosses a smoke bomb at his feet and then go invisible.

1 Like

Tfw you realize a post is older and stop caring*

Like, really great for subtlety using legion’s template, or really geat compared to previous iterations of subtlety before legion? Becuase it doesn’t feel better than previous iterations of subtlety. But it’s definitely more enjoyable than BFA/Legion Subtlety. (Although I didn’t play the 2nd half of legion where subtlety got reworks so I can’t comment on legion subtlety 2.0 because by the time I came back the artifact weapons were nuked.)

Legion had some neat ideas for the spec. Just unfortunate they ran full steam ahead into the Shadowblades Melee Wizard.

Too many melee wizards in game current year. My opinion but I blame anime. Let’s be real: Naruto.

Yeah they definitely went full anime. Which is a shame because they obviously picked the wrong anime. There’s plenty of anime out there that pretend to be from video games with way more diverse tookits than wow lmao.

1 Like

Sometimes you want to be Hattori Hanzo, so I get that. But sometimes you want to be George Washington, fighting a tiger solely with your trusty musket bayonet and inhumanly powerful fists. They just can’t deliver both in current year, I guess.

Well, the only other thing I can think of is if Blizzard where to change Hunters and Rogues to being the only 2 Classes that can use Ranged weapons? Remember when WoW first came out and there was Ranged weapons for for pretty much almost all the Clasess?