New short story

So Gazlowe shows his true colors as a communist like I predicted he would be. Blizzard is really keen on making all new Horde leaders do the exact opposite of what image they were created for back then. Who will be next? Will they kill Lor’themar and replace him with Arator?

https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-warcraft-short-story-the-goblin-way-342544

2 Likes

Haven’t actually read it yet, but hey at least Gazlowe is in good company with comrade Umbric? :yum:

5 Likes

When the problem of the goblin leader is saftey for workers and not making profit you know it is bad.

2 Likes

I, for one, think making characters more than one-dimensional greed machines is a good thing. Hard to comprehend though I know.

23 Likes

average nice guy people are already in the game. What is the point of being a different race when they all behave and act the same?

5 Likes

Uh, what story did you read that made you think Gazlowe is a communist?

The one posted today is just responsible capitalism.

12 Likes

If you want a Goblin to act as an important character, which I do, you need to make them more complex than money grubbing evil. Gallywix is funny and was always a villain. If you want a Goblin to take on a more heroic role, they need more depth than that.

Again, your ideas conflict and you shoot yourself in the foot.

8 Likes

safety conditions are a communist invention.

Gallywix was perfect and you are wrong. Also Goblins aren’t meant to be heroes.

2 Likes

Yet they were adopted by the capitalist class due to pressure from workers, and adopted by capitalist governments as regulations.

Stop trying to discuss history. You aren’t qualified.

7 Likes

Your German is showing.

14 Likes

gee, its almost as if Gazlowe having higher minded ideas might cause a lot of tension with the other rich goblins and the lower class ones that don’t agree with them and it’s an interesting source of tension you could use as a hell of a story hook.

or no, goblins could just say as the idiot savant comedy race that can be killed in the hundreds with no real narrative consequence.

16 Likes

We don’t need a worker revolution. Goblins work perfectly fine as dystopian capitalist geezbags and there is no need to change this. To hell with Gazlowe and everything he stands for.

1 Like

We get it you’re a German and you want to harken back to the good old days, the glory days that you want to preserve.

That’s never gone poorly before.

1 Like

I love Gallywix and hate Gazlowe. he is so irrelevant he still lacks a real model.

Higher quality goblin engineering means they can actually be a serious race that contributes meaningfully to the story rather than just being a joke that explodes constantly.

4 Likes

Cool, Gallywix is a villain off who knows where and Gazlowe is going to be a relevant character in TWW. Once again, you lose.

1 Like

There can still be hyper evil goblin sleezebags, Gallywix is kicking around somewhere. Noggenfogger is likely the most amenable trade prince to Gazlowe and was still a hard sell. There will be conflict on this.

Gazlowe is just actually looking at things like a real businessman would.

2 Likes

Gazlowe is a palatable Goblin leader observing that the working class is asserting their value - it doesn’t make him any less opportunistic. Perhaps more so.

Gallywix was over the top - Gazlowe is there to be “just ok” and he is OK enough.

I win. Gazlowe must die to save the image of true goblins.

And that is why Gallywix was great. He was a fan favorite.

No, you lose. Gazlowe will live and continue to be a relevant character. Gallywix will either die in an instance somewhere or be a comedy relief villain of the week. You ALWAYS lose, you’re NEVER right.

1 Like