New Shaman Talent Changes

And a raid buff for all 3 specs

1 Like

Oh yeah they for sure only nerfed the spec because some people aren’t afraid of change and wanted more options.

Alright, we’ve got an official post now, and it looks like the changes for the class tree are overall good. That said, they also feel like things that could and largely should have been done a year or more ago.

Changes posted!

Late to the party.

Lazy would be giving shamans a tank spec. The game does not need more tank specs. They need to make enhance more of a wolf focused class. Not going to regurgitate details here, but wolf form with you as the pack leader would be my idea of “not” being lazy.

1 Like

Feel like 2% Mastery is a bit weak personally, but I guess now ALL Shamans can bring the same totem.

Would have to see how the other changes work out in a live environment though. Surely there is a little more coming, Hero tree still needs some help.

Other than that a lot of it seems good and a new spin on things. Lightning Shield getting an actual relevant use is nice. Hoping an animation update of some kind is also coming/announced.

I mean we’re not pretending the new shaman raid buff is worse than the hunters right? lol

3 Likes

Static Field totem continues being 1.5 minutes.

What was the reason for the nerf? Why did they increase the recast timer for 30 seconds?

You think adding a tank spec would be repetitive, but cloning druid wouldn’t be? We already suffer our lore being mistaken for druids by the playerbase, no need to make it worse.

Beside which, wolves are not a shaman thing. They are an orc thing, and consequently show up a lot in orcish shamanism because of their racial connection. While it’s fine for the class to have wolf stuff, we should not be so narrowly zeroed in on only one race’s interpretation unless we want to be reduced to the same sorry state of irrelevance as monks who have nothing but Pandaren culture and anime and kung fu tropes to draw on for their design.

1 Like

Over the past 5 years there have been over 100 suggestions on how to improve the Enhancement Shaman spec. Some of the feedback given has had 1000s of responses. Of those 100 suggestions given by the community - please tell me which of those have been implemented in this new Beta Build? Which of the feedback given by thousands of players have been implemented in this new expansion, a time when changes are made to keep the player base excited.

3 Likes

Never said I wanted a druid clone spec. What I wanted was for wolf form to spawn a few sub beta wolves that fight alongside you, the alpha wolf. Obviously the details can be worked out, but that is the general idea. Perhaps you can have three beta wolves out and each one has different abilities based on what you choose. And let there be more than 3 beta pets to choose from so players aren’t all the same. They can sort of be like totems but with mobility.

Anyway, having said that, I am not sticking with enhancement. Unless I’m missing something, it doesn’t look like much is changing. Same global cooldown intensive nonsense that feels a bit awkward in pvp as a melee toon. I’ll probably go back to my shadow priest. Why does gust of wind need a global cooldown? You know how awkward it feels trying to go to ghost wolf form and then use gust of wind in pvp? That’s 3 seconds of nothing.

I shouldn’t need to macro my MMORPG mouse to get the most out of a class in pvp LOL. Just not cool. It’s the only class I needed it on.

I’m unclear on what you think would be different about this from current Feral Spirit aside from turning into a wolf yourself, which brings me back the druid clone thing.

1 Like

gonna wait to say more when the full updates are out, but so far im very VERY happy to see that electrified shocks (appears) to be gone

For Elemental: all of the new stuff seems interesting and I will wait a bit longer to form a definitive opinion on it based on how it all feels. I’m most excited for the new defensive, which is tied to a totem, so I can reset it with Totemic Recall! However, there were some things unaddressed that I am a bit frustrated with.

So long as Flame Shock is still on a CD, and so long as Liquid Magma Totem does not spread 6 FS out on cast, I will still be avoiding the Primordial Wave build. I cannot understate how much I dislike the current feel of spreading Flame Shocks in every. single. M+. pull.

Please, remove the CD on Flame Shock and increase the amount of FS spread out per LMT to 6 and I will see the fire side of tree as being complete.

I also continue to dislike how lazy the design of Echoes of Great Sundering is, and always has been. Don’t make me weave in an Earth Shock just to get a boring %damage buff on my next Earthquake. Make EoGS actually empower EQs in an interesting way. With the current design of EoGS I would rather just press EQ twice.

Wait, did they remove REFRESHING WATERS as an option to make healing surge more effective on myself as enhance? Now I NEED to cast flameshock each time I want to get a healing bonus on myself? Are they trying to further make enhancement unplayable in pvp outside arena?

Quite literally a large number of the changes they made to resto and ele were directly related to the feedback posted in that very thread. Lay of the pipe and actually read the feedback thread.

They moved Refreshing Waters back to the class tree and removed Focused Insight entirely, as far as I’m reading.

1 Like

Hate to break it to you, they care less about PvP than they do about doing class/spec balance properly.

3 Likes

I think there were some big wins. I like the capstone shield totem. Seems like a pretty good defensive. I think i might live. Really bumbed about ankh havin a 30 min CD and still 20% HP on rez. I get it the only other self rez is a lock stone but even that brings you back with more hp (i believe).

I’m really happy about the EQ on target. I wont wiff it into the ceiling and won’t have to guess where the tank will run with the mobs. I want to play around with the talents. It is interesting with icefury replacing frost shock after a lava burst cast - i do wonder about the percentage chance. I also like gettin the elemental after it expires. sucks it wont be a primal so no eye of the storm fun. Also longer elementals are fun in addition to gettin one when you cast Storm keeper is nice.

I just hope things hit hard and we are not treated as a hybrid spec. I have to tip my hat to blizz and say gg so far as an ele main. We still have a few items that need wok (flame shock cd), but im happy. Just don’t wait to the end next time please. BFA hurt a lot of us that play shaman and is still pretty fresh (1/3 of the expansion we were a hinderance to groups). Dunno if the blues or cms will see this, but try to keep ALL classes informed and thanks for the work so far.

1 Like