New shadow priest is visually the most boring spec

Since shadow priest has been redesigned and voidform has been moved to a cooldown, shadow priest has lost one of the best animations that were available on demand.

You will barelly see any visuals when void form is in cooldown except s mind flay which is kind of lame.

Please add some flaviour at least to our core spells. I think It is a great chance to add some animations to the new devouring plague and vampire touch.

1 Like

I think you mean bm hunter is the most visually boring spec

25 Likes

I think hunter projectiles looks more interesing than mind flay lol but yes you are right.

Shadow priest is the second most boring spec visually

Arcane mages aren’t visually much better.

6 Likes

Arcane missiles and explosion looks so good

1 Like

Bliz need to add the ever growing tentacles to voidform. On live you spawn tentacles from your body as you gain stacks, but since there are no more stacks that visual has been lost.

Adding that back and just making the cd very flashy would go a fair way to improving spec visuals.

2 Likes

Even affliction warlock has better animation than shadow in beta

I couldn’t disagree more. Shadowform alone makes it way more visually interesting than a ton of other specs. Then we have our shadowy apparitions and Dispersion. Even Mind Flay is relatively visually interesting compared to the visuals of a warrior smacking something with a sword that maybe has a puny little swipe effect attached to it.

17 Likes

I’d love to see the stupid purple smoke gone so I can actually see my character when I’m in shadow form. Or a glyph to just not make shadow form appear at all would be pretty nice.

We could probably do with some mind flay tentacles spawning outside of the legendary though. And the old shadow ravens glyph would be cool.

7 Likes

Even glyph of stars from balance druids looks nicer than that purple fart which is called “shadowform”

3 Likes

Hard disagree… Like Voltorch said, between Shadowform and all the shadowy apparitions it looks really cool, definitely one of the most visually appealing specs.

For me, the most “boring” from a visual standpoint are rogues, hunters and Arcane mages.

9 Likes

how a purple fart can look better than a thousands of arcane misiles tearing your enemy apart?

Highly highly disagree! Shadow priest has void form and already that trumps the look of:

Afflic lock (has been my main spec for so long and most can’t even tell what I’m doing most of the time because there’s nothing.

BM hunter
Balance druid in glyph
Arcane mage because explosion is not a good visual effect. I’ve seen males get yelled at in groups for using it.
MM Hunter.
Rogues! But they’re supposed to be unnoticed until they want to be, so it works out.

Shadow priest actually is pretty good looking and afflic locks could use some of that for ourselves :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I would love an option to make Shadowform look like voidform

I enjoy the levitating so much, it’s hands down my favorite thing about shadow. I also enjoy how voidform has the blue overlay on your character.

I know not everyone enjoys it, but if we only get to levitate once every 90 seconds, I’m going to be pretty sad going into shadowlands

1 Like

Every balance druid spell looks better than any shadow priests spell IMO.

Balance and destruction have the most appealing animation in wow.

I think shadow priest was in tier B in that department and now in shadowlands I would put it in tier C

Shadow Priests assault the mind psychically. Making it as flashy as a mage that calls explosive fire or balance druid that uses solar and lunar magic would be weird. Nevertheless, sometimes less is more and I think spriests have some of the best visuals. Mindflay, the purple ghosts flying around, even shadowform (though it could definitely be improved) all look much better to me than any other caster.

6 Likes

Let´s see:

1. Mind flay vs Drain life. Drain life looks much better
  2. Mind blast vs Shadow bolt. Both are lame but still Shadow bolt at least has a projectile
  3. Vampire touch vs Unstable affliction. Does Vampire touch even count? unstable affliction at least has an spell effect on target.

Not fan of shadow form. I think it looks ugly and I think the vanilla one looked much better than the current.

How long have you played shadow? It has historically not had much in the way of flashy spell effects. Mind blast and mind spike were always small animations on the target. Also a travel time for spells is kind of a disadvantage.

1 Like

I missed mind flay animation during legion/bfa. I like the simple style of shadow’s visuals.

1 Like

I don’t give a sh$$$t about visuals.

It is more important that they focus on fixing major problems than adding more particles or tentacles to the spells.

3 Likes