New Rise of Azshara Cinematic: “Safe Haven”

Wowzers. Didn’t buy me dinner, and won’t even kiss me. So setting all that aside, who is going to be the new Warchief? Sadfang has had a LOT of the super CGI screentime, but I still feel like for one reason or another, he isn’t going to take the throne. Are we thinking Baine? Like, seriously. Who does Team Honor want to sit in the big chair these days?

Not to mention the outstretched arms of night elves dying in agony while watching their loved ones burn to death. Tons of Alliance content in that cinematic!

15 Likes

So, thrall is in outland all this time? Thrall doesn’t to be able to use shaman magic. But he still live close to oshu’gun. And nagrand sky is really blue. It wasn’t like that in BC wasn’t it? Did they fix outland or something.

Side not whats the axe that thrall grabs at the end there? Is it the same one jis new model carries?

I expect her to be dual wielding longbows when we meet.

1 Like

When Blizzard has to stop trying to convince Horde players to turn on their own faction.

This is not an Alliance vs. Horde problem. The focus on Horde cinematics is the result of story decisions that consistently run against what most Horde players want. So Blizzard tries to keep convincing us that we should want to have another civil war. Which in turn leads to resources not being devoted to the Alliance story, because they figure the Alliance already wants to attack the Horde.

It’s two sides of the same coin: an unpopular Horde story and neglect of the Alliance story. One leads to the other. There’s no point in arguing about who has it worse. Both are bad.

Blizzard needs to stop writing a story that revolves around convincing half the player base to dislike their own faction.

36 Likes

Just want to jump in and hype up this. Nagrand was beautiful though I’m slightly confused by the Kansas wheat field thing they had going it was pretty and I’m pretty sure that was Oshu’gan in the background which was awesome to see.

Hell I just miss Outland. When things were weird and fun.

2 Likes

Blizzard seems to feel that we’ve had too much Tyrande action already so… no.

I am more than good with this if we get a decent Shandris cinematic presence instead.

1 Like

Wow, they really exceeded my expectations. Knew it was going to be stupid but wasn’t quite prepared for “Sylvanas sends her worst rogues possible to kill Thrall while Saurfang not only tracked them but got to Thrall before they did and then didn’t even warn him”.

5 Likes

I am not saying the Horde is getting anything good either. But from Blizzard’s perspective the Horde story is as good as the Alliance one, so from their perspective this isn’t fair at all.

I do share the concerns of the Horde though and I do feel that some of these cinematics are necessary but just from an art point of view I want to see other races in CGI too.

3 Likes

Oh, so this is why the night elves are going to lose their ancestral lands, pride, and dignity and live in an human-managed ‘alienage.’ Because we have to repeat MoP with all of its worse keypoints amplified.

Faction pride expansion everyone.

12 Likes

You should be happy we finally see Forsaken in a cutscene. Last time that happened was during TBC.

(Meanwhile the goblins and gnomes are just standing there, heads tilted.)

1 Like

It was nice to see some from a closer look even if their clothes hide a good chunk of the model.

1 Like

We just saw Forsaken rangers in the BFA cinematic and we didn’t have to watch them get killed by their own faction, it was nice!

6 Likes

Bloody hell you’re right. Totally forgot they were in the beginning lol

Lmao I love how a community manager blue poster posted this too. Everybody is like always “how come the blues don’t post here?!” “can we get a blue?!” and then BAM

LOKTAR OGAR!!! HERE IS ORCS!!

1 Like

Your “warchief” is the literal hack that caused this mess in the first place.

I really really despise the “Horde are incompetent childish savages that can only behave when muh human potential -in this case represented by an Orc strictly raised following human custom- is in charge”.

The principles of WC3 Horde? Yeah, deader than dead…

18 Likes

taps mic Ahem, WRONG

1 Like

the post is copy/pasted on several forums

still funny as hell