New Retail expansion OR Classic +

Honestly don’t even believe cata classic is gonna be a thing.

1 Like

cata classic and new season of mastery

1 Like

I think it will be a thing. But then I think folks are going to rightfully be asking “Ok, where does this train stop?”

Are we going to get Classic MOP/WoD? Dragonflight?!

1 Like

Old School World of Warcraft.

I’m basing it on the fact that Cata is when the old zones changed. I don’t see the point when you can still access those zones in retail, and the gameplay didn’t change between Wrath and Cata.

Nobody is asking for more retail.

It’s like asking for more licorice over chocolate.

They’re just adding cosmetics, because they don’t have the ability to make anything actually new and original.

Just the same old, tired crap.

3 Likes

Why wouldn’t it be? :dracthyr_a1: I’m not sure why they’d waste resources making new content for a mode that’s meant to run with a skeleton crew.

Sure little buddy, whatever you say.

5 Likes

I’m not saying that either. I’m saying it could stop at Wrath.

Asking for the people who made retail to remake classic is just retail lol

4 Likes

Hopefully those people aren’t making it, assuming it’s being made.

I’d hire a private server over those folks.

I’m asking for more. I need to know if Jaina will get married and have kids. It’s like a soap opera at this point.

:rofl:

1 Like

I mean, it probably wouldn’t be that bad. The “old guard” made tbc and its easily the worst expansion.

1 Like

Were private server folks creating new content or were just fiddling with parameters and leaving the actual game roughly untouched?

Yes, surely Blizzard will hire a new team made only out of people handpicked by you, fire all of those people that you personally don’t like, and make a new version of a game that only exists because people wanted the old version to exist, while abandoning their current development.

It’s a pretty little fantasy world you live in.

3 Likes

That’s not true. TBC gave us Draenei and they’re the best race.

The best race with the worst retcon.

Classic Cata makes more sense to me. I’m no game designer, but if you’ve got a version of 4.3 sitting on a server blade somewhere, you spin it up and see what’s required to make it work like it used to and just hand it off for people to play around in.

Creating a Karazhan raid whole cloth (pretty sure Staats mentioned in his AMA around when his book was released that Kara was never intended for Vanilla) is asking for trouble.

2 Likes

God I hope they get rid of the person who does the poop quest. PLEASE…

Lol TBC was my favorite.

Attumenent quests, everything like that.

It was made for people that actually wanted to play it.

In retail, I can just pay someone to clear everything for me. It has no meaning.

LFR didn’t exist. If you wanted to see the raid, you actually had to work to see it.

Retail is like if they took Mario 64, and said “Hey not enough people are reaching Bowser, so we’re gonna make it so every player sees Bowser automatically after getting their first star.”

Nobody cares about the difficult stuff. It’s just the same as the easy stuff, so what’s the point lol.

I prefer a game where there is no “easy mode” for endgame.

Retail, nothing has weight.

So I’m playing Classic HC where ever small thing matters, very different feeling.

1 Like

Whoever that is, they’ve hung on all this time so I doubt they’re going anywhere.