New Realm Now Open -- Aug. 27 4:30 p.m. PDT

already moved to a low server from a full one now its full with queues… why not make new ones at medium so the queues dont get outta hand…

2 Likes

The problem is the players in the major queues are not leaving; which is why they dont do 4 servers

1 Like

Ya, so scre w playing with your guildmates already established…

3 Likes

How about you add more layers to existing servers… You’re still not addressing the issue in a meaningful way. When the population drops off later on, you’ll blame casuals just not wanting to play anymore but the truth is, this game isn’t even playable currently. YOUR PAYMENT GATEWAYS LITERALLY CRASHED TRYING TO ACCOMMODATE PEOPLE RE SUBBING. You’re so unprepared. What the hell are you doing over there? Here’s a genius idea for the next one. Roll out 50 servers immediately. and tell everyone they will be consolidated after 2-3 months once the scat players drop off.

4 Likes

considering the new servers are instantly filling and yesterday’s “new” servers have 5k queues, I’m not sure that’s correct.

1 Like

really wish they’d temporarily shorten the kick time so people going afk rather than logging out would stop clogging things up

this 1500 queue on a “full” server that was low literally 3 hours ago sucks…

The new servers have queues………

too late for that… most who played yesterday arent abandoning a toon they already put 10 hours in and those who just started are still in and oblivious.

1 Like

Need more PvE!

Too many PvP already.

TFW you go to the supermarket and there is a big line so they open up a few more cashiers. Blizzard only open up 1 more…

Today would be cool.

1 Like

While I personally have not had issues with my server, despite 20k+ queues, because I took time off for launch, this proposed solution of simply adding additional servers post launch (when many have spent 20+ hours on a character) fails to address the true issue. What is the real issue? Perhaps a personal example: I am able to immediately log in at launch and grind out 20 levels, my friend who does not have the flexibility I did at launch manages to get in several hours later, get a few levels and then must log. Day 2: friend meets a queue that likely will take longer than he has to play. Options: completely reroll, forcing me to waste 20+ hours, or hope that eventually “friend” will be able to play enough to progress. Server selection and character progress are true commitments in Classic.

Now extrapolate this on a guild/community size basis. It’s not a simple matter of one individual being able to have a better experience with queues. Classic is community driven. Communities want to stick together. Communities progress variably. Variable progression means vastly differing consequences of starting again on a newly opened realm. If you give a guild/community the option to transfer to a new low population server, it would likely happen, because the community would remain intact. Absent this, new realms are a hollow gesture.

5 Likes

You remember when I reserved a character name the first day they were available? And then you told me the day of release I should switch to the new server that you were opening due to high populations and potential for queues which I did? And now that I’ve spent hours playing on that server and the population is as ridiculous on that “optimal server” I moved to because you recommended I do so, now I should go to a new server? Gee thanks! That’s the solution I was looking for /s

5 Likes

There are 98k waiting on queues only on pvp east

East PVP Servers 4pm 5pm 6pm 7
Kirtonos 0 296 2167 3900
sulfuras 0 1593 3027 3450
Kromcrush 1606 4769 5736 7669
Incendius 7,982 10658 8964 10600
Thalnos 9,047 11396 9978 11580
Skeram 10,490 12999 10865 12463
Stalagg 14,143 16699 16316 14223
Herod 16,705 18492 17951 17849
Faerlina 16,798 19280 18512 16234
76771 96182 93516 97968
5 Likes

Where are you getting this data? Is it updating in real time? Can you post a link?

I am trying to login into each server and typing the numbers into an excel sheet every hour

5 Likes

So can we check and see if our names that we reserved early are available without losing our place in our current queue?!? I’m at over 4 hours in queue after a random d/c and still have over 6k people in front of me…but all my friends are on Herod with the names we reserved.

2 Likes

You are a real American hero.

1 Like

This exactly!