New Realm Connections are Underway

Have I given you an in game hug? No, so we haven’t met yet dear. If you do see me you better say hello, I’ll be hopping mad at you if you don’t!

I love meeting forum friends in game, it’s so rare and mystifying, like some strange secret ritual.

Some folks just can’t leave their garrisons, you need player housing don’t you?

I’m all for mega servers as long as they have the hardware to support it.

1 Like

if you’re doing this strongly consider on increasing respawn rates for everything in game pretty much specially rares…

annoying enough the terrible RNG and the carrots you introduce is far more annoying to deal with just adding more people to the group to “make friends” it’s going to do the exact opposite.

6 Likes

Problem with megaservers is players having the same name. Give us first and last names blizzard cmon!

3 Likes

I thought I saw omgmyeyez, but it had a “s” instead.

1 Like

The game is dead, this is not WOTLK anymore, it’s inevitable.

5 Likes

I have a high ranked forum PvPer in my pics.

1 Like

merge dalaran, proudmoore, illidan and area 52 plz together

p.s.
in other words 2 (pre-patch)-3 (SL launch) months they wil lbe merged?

1 Like

I’m pretty interested in the scale of the merger.

Obviously there aren’t any publicly available metrics that are as good as Blizzards internals, but it’ll be interesting to see what Blizzard considers an acceptable population of players and how many server merges reaching that level entails.

Because smaller regions tied to NA like OCE, BR, LA, etc, all seem to have comfortably condensed into the few realms they have left, there’s still so many NA servers with practically no-one on them. OCE is on 5 servers IIRC (4 standalones + 1 connected) and could maybe be trimmed down to 3 or 4 total.

But NA has 17 that are either new players or low. Are they the only ones getting the axe, or are the 50+ medium servers also on the chopping block as well?

2 Likes

I honestly woulndt mind, them shutting down low pop realms and just giving free ttransfers to bigger realms. The amount of realm bloat is a bit much now.

12 Likes

Rare spawns are fine. Quest objective mobs in some areas… not so much. They need a bit of a boost in their spawn rate even now, let alone after merges.

Finaaaaaaaaallly…

Been on Azgalor for 15 years, and it’s so dead even with 4 realms connected lol.

3 Likes

Amazing. This is a very good step for people that want to play with bigger guilds but feel stuck on small servers.

2 Likes

no they are not… that’s why I said everything in game.

lets agree to disagree yet again.

2 Likes

That’s not how it works… you’re sharded based on population density in a given zone in there with ALL realms. Connected realms only share who you can trade/guild/auction with.

5 Likes

I don’t think folks are ready to handle a merger of Silvermoon and Goldshire for RP realms.

Even quest spawns aren’t super bad, so long as they stick to the regular model of sharing tags/resources/whatever, instead of continuing on with the old model (which was used in Uldum/Vale Invasions) that’s largely first come, first serve.

1 Like

Want a Snickers, sir?

All I did was disagree with your opinion with no malice.

1 Like

Thanks Kaivax. :slight_smile: Elune could use some more friends. :first_quarter_moon_with_face: :moon_cake:

Hope they merge Area-52 and Dalaran together, we need more ally. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

there’s no “malice”

it’s not my problem/concern how do you read words.

if this is a trolling attempt it’s a pathetic one.

good luck.