New Realm Connections are Underway

Please connect more realms to Shadowsong / Borean Tundra US. We desperately need more people

3 Likes

Currently linked servers do not allow player to player trade outside the “you may only transfer this item to those in the same raid” limitation.

What this means is I tried to sell bags in trade however if the customer is in a cross realm the sale cannot be made.

Will players in connected realms be able to sell/trade items as in the above example ?

1 Like

Not happening. Retail players couldn’t deal with server communities anymore after they’ve been babied with cross-realm play.

1 Like

Not trolling either. I just responded with a counter opinion. Don’t expect you to agree either, but you need to…well, eat a Snickers apparently. Everyone has their own opinions. When you post on a public forum you are opening yourself up to have people either agree or disagree with you. If you can’t handle that it might be best to avoid public forums. I mean that respectfully.

1 Like

I for one welcome our new overpopulated overlords, and if they’re lower pop we will beat them into the ground like the schoolyard bully. :slight_smile:

If you ran into that problem then you weren’t trading with someone who was connected to your realm.

3 Likes

this is going to do not what they think everyone will do aka “make friends” some will for sure, but the fight for rares will become more and more competitive therefore it might make things far more “toxic” than they were before with some rares.

7 Likes

It won’t because sharding doesn’t only include people on your connected realms. It’ll be the exact same as it is now.

Edit: With the exception of RP realms, I understand that they have their own shards.

Not exactly. Unlike CRZ, connected realms are basically server merges without anyone losing their character name. You can interact with someone on a connected realm as if they were on your own server - that’s important.

Anyone you see in a zone with CRZ that’s from a different server (or set of connected servers) feels like an NPC who’s often little more than an annoyance at best. I still oppose CRZ and want nothing to do with it. I wish they’d kept cross-realm grouping with friends, but I want nothing to do with CRZ. Zones are often too crowded with players that I’ll never see again because they aren’t on my server.

I support connected realms. CRZ can die in a fire.

19 Likes

Yay! More chances to get a good name.

But, I’m out of character slots. I mean, I’ve been at this for 15 years now.

5 Likes

This is fine and should be expanded, but in exchange you need to do away with cross-realm zones with non-connected realms. This destroys any sense of community building like we use to have. You know, when realm reputations use to mean something and guilds and groups would form easier. Also, nothing is more annoying when members of the same guild, on the same server, are in completely different shards in CURRENT capital cities. That should never happen.

If anything, I would go further than what you are currently intending to ensure the world is populated with people that will actually be familiar or from the same realm grouping. Not to mention this can also help move towards addressing economic imbalances between servers that are current dominated by a few gold farmers and those with much healthier competition.

18 Likes

Wooo my server is super dead so this is nice.

3 Likes

I do agree with this post. I miss running into people that are actually on my server.

3 Likes

Do you have a list of these realms? Does that mean cross realm guild invite?

3 Likes

If your realm is connected to another one, yes you’ll be able to guild with people from that realm.

9 Likes

If it is like the last connected realm effort, Blizzard will only connect same language realms to each other.

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any chance of you updating game UI to show which realms are linked to each other? Right now I have to look that up out of game.

10 Likes

Awh yeah, about time for this. Hope it goes well . There are plenty of servers that need a boost.

1 Like

2 years too late, but maybe this will save a few low pop guilds

1 Like