New Realm Connections are Underway

Are any of these connected realms worth playing on now?

I reserved my preferred Paladin’s name on a bunch of realms (it wasn’t available on that many) but I dunno.

I’m under the impression that with CRZ it doesn’t actually matter since I don’t Mythic Raid.

It would be this i guess i cant transfer it wont let me but says because full on area-52

This is very weird actually, I don’t remember blizzard ever preventing transfers to full realms, it would be a first, and if it is like janek said they are giving a completely wrong info.

I moved my guild off Garona shortly before the connection announcement. Currently nobody with alts left to move are able to because of the temp restriction…
Yet they keep having issues trying to connect Garona. It’d be nice if they’d figure this out soon or lift the restriction so my guildmates can finish moving their toons.

1 Like

from what i hear this may be permanent and transfers off garona or the newly connected realms to it blocked permamently to prevent server from going unused.

No way thats true, once a realm has been connected these restrictions have been removed… This has been the case with every server they have connected thus far. These restrictions are only in place from usually when they make the announcement announcing the connection until the realm is physically connected.

Why on earth would they prevent transfers off permanently?

1 Like

Yea, im experiencing this now.

This is the type of crap that will make people quit. It’s bad enough for PvP to be imbalanced but to merge realms because low pop’s have 1. Long queue times 2. PvP imbalances and 3. Not enough player interaction .

Next time pick a better realm to play on. Don’t merge other realms that have a deficiency with others of the same. We chose our servers based off of being left alone or being apart of something. Now you’re just forcing people to deal with the things they wanted to stay away from.

Maybe put more work into fixing things that are broke like sharding or dare I even say PvP imbalances .

1 Like

What does new realm connections have to do with layering Arugal?
Stop with the stupid hashtag posts in every thread.
No one cares.

1 Like

Please, Blizzard, unite the servers NEMESIS, GOLDRINN, GALLYWIX AND TOL’BARAD, it is more and more difficult to play in them, mainly in the Alliance.

#joinUsBlizzard

3 Likes

It’s not really dying.

There are just WAY too many servers.

Look at games lik FFXIV – They never have ‘low pop’ issues because they don’t have the same amount of servers.

1 Like

Wish they never made so many servers to begin with.

I like to have access to every server’s economy (I play on eu, and have 2 accounts full of maxed characters) and if there were always less than 100 servers I’d have been able to be on everyone of them, but back in 2013 there were 250 servers or so per region, absolutely impossible, so then I ended up making chars on various servers that got connected and now even with 2 accounts won’t be able to cover 60-70 realms, which will be the result of connections.

The difference of getting to know stuff years in late instead of immediately.

The brazilian servers need to be merged together.

#JoinUsBlizzard

3 Likes

It is though in NA. Hence why all the server mergers.

Honestly, the AH issue is why I love the way FFXIV set up their system. They have different ‘data centers’ with a handful of servers on them. Three data centers with 8 servers on each. You’re looking at less than 30 servers (not including other countries, obviously)

You can travel to other servers on your data center and actually buy things from their auction house. It’s pretty cool, especially when the economy gets screwy on one server.

With WoW, I’d just be happy if they seriously did an overhaul on servers, got rid of some, merged some, etc. There ARE way to many. And with WM, it’s destroyed PvP and the economy on some servers.

Ahh, interesting about final fantasy.

There’s way too many servers indeed, so there’s insane clutter, in eu we have a server cluster which is made up by TEN original servers, the ahn’qiraj one, and to top it off, it’s been declining in population, so blizzard will almost certainly merge it again, could maybe have a 15-servers cluster.

I think at the end of the connection program we will only have around 50-60 server clusters in eu and the same in the us.

That’s why I prefer low being connected with high instead of 4 lows to two mediums.

1 Like

True, well, that’s an approach blizzard adopted sometimes at least in eu in the old connection program which went from 2013 to 2014 and that they’re using more in the 2020 program, and this time also in the us.

As recent examples, we’ve had lordaeron and blackmoore eu connected, the first of which is minuscule, as small as it gets, and blackmoore which is a full realm with a very good horde-ally split, so now lordaeron is “fine”, depending on if they want a high population or not, they no longer need more connections, while an american example would be garrosh-aegwynn connection, with garrosh being very small and aegwynn being a new players server with a pretty good population, I think at this point they’re close to being full-population level there, and it’s not to exclude they connect some other small server.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be opposed at all to seeing Misha paired off with someone else.

I’d apologize in advance to whomever it was, of course, but losing them from the current group would not be a sad occasion.