New Realm Connections are Underway

Wow thanks! I knew asking here would be quicker than the 3 day ticket wait time. Much appreciated. I’m sure this will help others too.

I do wonder though, how did you know that new characters couldn’t be made with their names, if you hadn’t gone down and found Blackrock and logged in to try to make them? The characters would have shown up then.

(Mine were fine, my friend had Lothar disappear and panicked for a good bit while we told him to scroll down, ignore that it says no characters, click on it…)

a friend of mine tried on his end to see if my characters were actually deleted or just hidden

Aha. Glad you’ve got access to them again.

I don’t know if Blizzard will ever see this nor if there were already people asking for this, but please consider merging Goldrinn and Gallywix with Tol Barad/Nemesis (already connected).
Aside Azralon, Horde on any of those servers don’t have many options to mythic raid because of low Horde pop.
Besides that, Stormrage is seeing an influx of Alliance brazilian players because of the better Auction House that could be easily solved merging those four servers thus tightening the WoW Brazilian community as a whole.
I’m friends with a guild that are considering moving to Stormrage on Shadowlands if the alliance brazilian situation here doesn’t change and probably there are even more thinking the same.

2 Likes

Just noticed on the update on the launcher that something is connecting to Proudmoore? Proudmoore is a full server.

1 Like

The best part of it is - Proudmoore (a full server) is being connected to another full server! People are going to be super happy when queue times hit while all those other dead servers continue to be dead because Blizzard is staffed by people who can’t make a logical decision.

I think with merging we should be given a free ticket to migrate to a server of our choice. I want to stay in a medium population server.

4 Likes

So 6 weeks later, I’m scrolling through these comments and didn’t see ONE blue post “updating” anyone on anything. Way to go.

4 Likes

Assuming there’s any left. They’re being so aggressive it’s a hard ask to find a medium server post connections!

When Blizzard started merging realms in 2013, it was like 2-3 at a time. Today 26 realms are being added to my group (previously 2 realms). 26!!! That’s some pretty dramatic contraction.

It’s too bad Blizzard won’t consider drawing inspiration from previous, far more successful, iterations of the game, instead of just doubling down on exactly what’s driving people away?

Played since 2005, multiple midnight launches, Shadowlands will probably be the first expansion I don’t buy.

With the merges today none of that was accomplished from a Horde Korgath point of view…other than the economy because you guys sure helped out the Alliance a ton with the Alliance majority to Alliance majority server connection.

This merge has killed any hope I’ve had for my 14+ year old characters I have on there. I know its going to be years before another merge happens where they will be on a server with a healthy enough population to have a legit community and raiding scene on it. The majority side of these servers were the only thing in mind when the server connections were lined up. The minority Horde side of it was ignored.

Im not sure if you guys based this merge off the idea that the identity of the server was Alliance majority, but back in the beginning of Cata it was actually fairly balanced populations where BOTH factions were thriving. To think that this servers identity is alliance is just wrong… its only been that way ever since it started dying out. Most of the people still left on it most likely are on it since back then, when the identity was having both factions thriving.

I sincerely hope you’re still considering adding a horde majority server with a good community and raiding scene to this clump of servers. It really needs it.

1 Like

CRZ isnt the same as connected servers. CRZ is cross realm zones, where you cant be in the same guild, or trade, or mythic raid with when the game comes out. The naming of Cross Realm Zones, and Connected Realms gets confusing since they both sound somewhat similar…but they are two completely different things.

Connected servers are essentially server merges because the servers youre connected with interact with each other as if they have the same server as you. You can be in the same guild, trade, you have the same AH, you can mythic raid with them right away. The only difference between connected servers and merging is you get to keep your character name, and your server name stays the same.

An easier indication for blizzard to get this point across is in the server selection list, they should be clumping the servers together that are already connected, so people can easily understand that the people with those server names are part of their server connection.

2 Likes

Wait, wait, wait, what makes you think there won’t be connections for years? Take a look at cairne us, it’s already been connected twice in 2020, unless you get merged with a gigantic realm don’t give up hope!

Anyone else experiencing issues since they started messing with this stuff, I play on stormrage and ever since they did these mergers lots of guildies and I constantly keep getting Transfer Aborted: Instance not found a lot and it’s super annoying because it removes you from the flight path mid flight. As far as I’m aware this server wasn’t merged but this issue only started when they began doing these.

The last time they did server merges was about 5 years ago…and what makes me think there wont be more merges for it is because this server connection put us at High pop, and blizzard said they are only looking at merging low pop servers. The whole point to me speaking up now is in hopes that blizzard sees it and then adds some more horde to this connection. If no one says anything then it might go unnoticed. This server is listed as High pop but the horde side is very low.

I had one character this one on Garona and rest on Area-52. Its gone to full now even though i wasnt thinking it would get any of these connections and i cant transfer there now with my guild and other chars.

sigh

Ah, I see, however I wouldn’t put anything past blizzard in this connection round, they’re being VERY aggressive, I haven’t even checked your connected realm cluster, but I’d wager a guess you have less than 150 guilds with at least 1 current normal boss killed on wow progress? They tried to connect hyjal to a full realm, hyjal has 151 such guilds and it’s ofc a high pop, it took hundreds of complaints from people to stop that merger!

I think I’m missing something, or your phrase might be confusing: garona is one of the lowest population realms US, the realms it’s gonna be connected to, icecrown-malygos, aren’t that big either and would never give a huge population by themselves, if you say it’s gone to full you must mean area 52 I presume?

It’s in contention for being the biggest realm US, it doesn’t need a connection and probably won’t, nor am I surprised it’s marked as full, but really, give a look at the realm connection list etc., it’s not been connected, and it won’t unless they’re really desperate and don’t know how to help the last remaining low pops any more.

I would assume he cant transfer off Garona, it wouldn’t be because Area 52 is full, it would be because Garona is slated for a connection and blizzard blocks transfers to/from servers they are about to connect so they don’t interfere with the connections.