New PvP LFG Add-On

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking. “If” there was a thumbs down option, I think it wouldn’t go below 0. But probably only a thumbs up for now. You would also need to be logged in to prevent abuse.

This addon is aweome. Can pick out the liars and group with modest people posting. 1800cr 2400xp when really theyre 1600 with 2kxp… Looking for a quick carry.

2 Likes

This will likely do that a bit in some ways. I was thinking about it though and there is already a lot of dumb community perception and exclusion already though. For example I’m 1900is enhance and I couldn’t get into 1750 groups because they were looking to heal a destro instead lol… If win/loss and rating were more easily accessible I might have more luck with those groups?

All in all I’m kinda ambivalent towards it.

I think the issue here is your spec sadly :(. Enhance is usually my main, but they are just so awful this season. Every single melee is in a better position than enhance right now. I had a really hard time getting into groups as Enhance (and also on this demo lock)

Oh for sure it is… Still though you’d think a 1750 group would want someone is a fair bit higher than them to play with? So the add-on might convince people to be pickier (excluding people or slowing ques down) but my point is people already kinda do that already because of balancing lol

I don’t think the add-on will be that beneficial or negative. Just an extra tool… Kinda what I was trying to say.

There is actually nothing negative about this addon. It’s great and allows us to quickly observe other players W/L and history.

I actually can’t see why you think it would be negative.

1 Like

You can’t see how this might make it harder for new players or new alts to participate in PvP?

No rating or low rating. Poor win-loss. Pass…

If you can’t see how a new player might have a harder time finding groups with it I’m not sure what to tell ya. Like I said though… I don’t think it will do anymore harm than good.

Have you ever thought it might just make it easier for new players to find eachother and play together to learn?

How much do you really think new players enjoy joining a team, losing 1 match and being told they are garbage and kicked out of the group repeatedly?

I think this app would make Arena far less toxic in that way as well as there being a way to say thank you for having a good attitude via thumbs up. Trust me thete are plenty of low end arena players that would find eachother.

1 Like

New players want to play with better players too.

Its worth mentioning people on alts saying 2200xp on main have high expectations. Just because you habe 2200 on main doesnt make you 2200 on an alt class. The tips and tricks come from playing another class. I personally play an alt from 0cr 0xp to whereever i am at on that class. I like to play with chill people and learn as they and teach where i can. The community needs to get better at this than push push push.

That will still happen with people like me (Vendes). It just wont involuntarily happen.

I constantly play with players of low xp. I do it knowingly though and understand they will be learning.

1 Like

You guys are acting like people already don’t check rating, achievements, experience. If they wanna play with a good player, that good player is gonna do their research and decline them anyway. All this is doing is eliminating people from having to go and look at a website.

8 Likes

this 100%

5 Likes

I think you’re slightly overestimating how many people bothered to go look at website vs just inviting someone to get some ques… Now they have an extra excuse not to invite someone at their fingertips.

Like I said though, I use raider io, so I get it.

1 Like

Yeah. I don’t get their point at all. It’s like M+ Raider IO… people complain about not getting into a +15 because of their IO but when you invite them into your +15 they under perform and often don’t do proper mechanics.

You can always use your own key and gain IO by upgrading your own key and completing runs.

I also think there are plenty of really good players willing to play with new players regardless.

For players who play mainly on LFG this add-on is great because you can actually cut time and more efficiently gain rating when that is your objective.

When I play on Vendes I sometimes actively seek out players with less XP and play with them because it feels good to be able to show someone the basics without being a Arena PRO myself. The Add-on helped me do that just yesterday.

1 Like

if it means anything

any time i have to use lfg for whatever reason on my alts i invite the first thing that signs up with gear
i think most people do
the games so ridiculously dead that you could sit in lfg for 5 hours without qs if you’re even a little selective

That’s not really what I’ve found… Especially as dps (unless you’re playing at sub 1500 maybe). I’ve applied to a group half an hour later and they still won’t take an old enhance shaman lol… Lfg is pretty sparse alliance side though. Hoping my buddies come back for SL (if sl is any better).

If you care about your rating and going up then yes you looked and if not you dont actually care or are lazy.

1 Like

that’s your problem

when i said i invite whatever has gear and signs up i meant anything that’s not tuned so poorly the game is unfun

aff enhance mm outlaw :bye:

this addon wont improve or lower the chances that you get invited as an 1800 enhancement shaman :frowning: