New player - The guild search is really poorly designed

I was going to post this in general discussion but it’s rather violent in there and I didn’t want to get lambasted.

Only been here for 24ish hours but I am already on the third guild. I used the guild search tool for help and advice as I certainly need it. The first one said 450 members and they help with social and leveling. Over the first eight hours there was a total of two people online and I was one of them. So I left that late last night and then sent out some requests before I went to bed. I woke up with multiple invites. The first one I joined was the same thing for the next seven hours. Me and one other person. I am now on my third and there has been a total of seven and zero communication. I have asked multiple questions and got zero answers.

Edit: Just FYI, both those guilds the other person online told me no one logs on anymore. Which is why I left.

I understand there are guides for questions and they have helped a little but being part of a Gilden community is really what I want in the search tool just doesn’t provide anything other than total amount of members.

I know at this point that new players aren’t exactly coming in droves but I can assure you they are probably leaving in droves without the help of the guild while they are learning.

So my recommendation: on the search tool it should say how many active members there has been over the last 24 hours, seven days and 30 days.

Not being a veteran I don’t know if that will help but just from a 30,000 foot view I feel it would.

Would also like to add that I am completely blown away by the game. Truly having a blast and the graphics and cut scenes are just jaw dropping.

3 Likes

Thing is - that’s the best forum for feedback.

There are no devs, QA, or community managers on this forum.

You can also use the in-game suggestion tool as well, via ESC > Support > Submit Feedback or bug report.

Keep the suggestion simple, without assumptions.

8 Likes

Nephe’s got the right of it, but some suggestions for finding a good guild. You don’t need to deep dive into one right off.

You’ll run into folks either in the cities or out in the open world. Pay attention to who you see out and about.

You’ve also got the Area 52 forums you can pan through. Granted most are geared towards raiding and progression, but you may be able to see where others are looking, same as you.

7 Likes

If you find a guild you might like to join, /who guild name. it will show you at least how many are on at the time you /who them

5 Likes

Hey thanks all. Didn’t know about the /who command. That really will help me a lot.

And the Area 52 forum. Didn’t know about that either.
Thanks very much.

So if I didn’t know I would assume that other new people don’t either. That’s why I think that my suggestion would actually benefit more people. But these are great and I’m glad I came here to find them out.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Do be aware the game’s in an extra a quiet period right now, with everyone outdoors and trying to enjoy the sunshine. :slight_smile:

WoW goes through cycles.

1 Like

Also a lot of guilds really do not use the guild finder. Many of them look and advertise on the forums and sometimes post adds in trade on your server.

3 Likes

I know you’re on A52, but if you’re not overly attached to being in that realm, I can recommend a guild on another server that would probably fit with what you’re looking for. On Dalaran, there’s a guild called Pensive that has both a Horde and Alliance guild, there’s always people online, and they’re a very friendly, helpful guild, especially towards new players.

You can post in that thread and they’ll answer any questions you have.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

There’s a new player friendly guilds thread stickied in the New Player Help and Guides forum.

FEIW, most players tend to bounce around different guilds for a while until they find one they click with.

4 Likes

might be wise to view the new players forum too :slight_smile: