New Overwatch lore [Spoilers]

I won’t spoil the reveal in the first post here, but I’ll just say I was a little surprised and glad Blizzard’s Overwatch team is continuing with the representation of LGBT characters.

7 Likes

i appreciate the fact that the most dudebro hero of them all is gay but this shouldve come out two months after overwatch launched, not three years :V

4 Likes

Maybe but it was hinted at in the Christmas comic from a year or so back we just didn’t realize it.

1 Like

OW still bad game tho

6 Likes

Chu just confirmed he’s hard gay, not bi. So that instantly shoots down the stuff we saw with Tracer where we had so much “maybe she’s just bi???”

3 Likes

Why did this need to come out two months after overwatch launched? I don’t get it, you aren’t happy that an LGBT character wasn’t included soon enough?

1 Like

Where did Chu confirm it? You have a link?

Edit: Found it!

Huh that’s neat, wonder if wow will get LGBT characters.
I want to see a big bi femboy Pandaren…oh wait that’s me.

They are already here.

People are happy, but at the same time it’s become clear that much like JK Rowling’s Harry Potter nonsense, a lot of this “actually so-and-so character is gay” stuff has come years after the game’s release because doing so sooner would have hurt sales.

11 Likes

I unfortunately have to agree with this. I tried really hard to like it too, but nope.

1 Like

I was kinda hoping he was bi, because proper bi (and bi dudes especially) representation is pretty rare

But ill accept my old gay granddad

8 Likes

The Overwatch forums are having a meltdown because another fictional character likes the same gender.

Insecure nerd tears amuse me.

Here we go again.

7 Likes

Hmmmm maybe. You’re not wrong, but you’re not completely right either. While overwatch was released ages ago, the fact that it’s still going with new lore and characters being constantly released puts it in a waaaaay different boat than jk Rowling and Dumbledore being gay but not really years after his story ended (and then having him not be gay in any prequels that involve him)

3 Likes

Wait really who?

Oh, I know there’s a nelf ghost couple that you reunite in Legion. Their names escape me, but I believe they are in Azsuna.

I don’t know of any pandaren.

To be honest I don’t pay attention to most relationship orientations because I don’t really care. It npc relationships seem extraneous in most contexts.

Edit: Found the names Enchantress Ilanya and Priestess Drian.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s not 100% comparable, but Overwatch’s fanbase is well-established by now since it’s been out for… 2? 3? years. It isn’t going to lose as many people/wall off as many people with this stuff coming out now as it would have at or nearer release.

2 Likes

the salt that came with the tracer reveal extended my lifespan

13 Likes

I got Overwatch like a year ago, played it once for an hour, and never touched it again.

I’m glad LGBT+ people are getting some representation either way. Just wish Blizzard still cared about WoW enough to do stuff with it.

We don’t have loot boxes though :pensive:

3 Likes

Yeah, instead we pay $15 a month for the right to grind for loot with RNG instead of just purchasing RNG directly.

1 Like