New multi-boxing restrictions don't go far enough

Pretty much agree.

In THIS game, its not that big of a deal, in other games I feel diffrently.

Its annoying when they are there, and its annoying to fight one in WPVP, which if you play on Tich, the DK that almost crashes the server is not a uncommon thing to run into, but he is easy to avoid, and fun to group up and kill.

However it doesn’t really bother me either in WOW.

its not cheating, no software installed. using all keypads.

people do have more than 2 fingers per hands you do know that. so very easy to use 5 keypads to multibox

I think this is the most likely reality.

Shame as ISBoxer is now considered against TOS

Some players on their forums are linking emails received after using that software who didn’t know of the policy change.

Just ban them already. They are abusing software and hardware to cheat. It’s always been cheating. 1 human for 1 toon. That’s all it should have ever been.

1 Like

At the end of the day, it doesnt matter if they claim hardware.

No one reads your ban appeals anyway.

Except it’s Blizzard, who requires a photo ID for a massive amount of things.

They would require physical proof they’re using hardware and not software.

False.

I got a warning email after playing with Innerspace/ISBoxer RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND (even if I wasn’t multiboxing then).

That’s the whole point of Warden. To scan memory for running process of known programs.

Multiboxer didn’t need to hide their software, It’s known software. It’s easy for warden to know who it is and flag them without player reports.

I’m more worried about all the false reporting since people won’t know if someone is just being followed.

Report everyone who /follow?

Well ya, the warden might catch BIG software, but there is millions of programs to do that, and the warden wont catch them all, was my point.

Alot of it is going to come down to reports.

As to your /follow command. I am sure the GM wont just ban, they will port to you and wacth you, and when they see all your toons moving in unison with a single input, or casting an ability all at the same time, you will get a warning/ban.

“the community” is using the term improperly then, and lumping a whole bunch of different people into the same group.

what if “the community” referred to all Alliance toons as “furry wannabes”?
what if “the community” referred to all Horde toons as “Sylvanas apologists”?

I’m a multi-boxer, I run 2 accounts at once, on different computers, using only Blizzard’s /macro functions. None of what I do is “mirror key presses”.

the “certain software” that IS banned is specifically “any software that allows for mirroring of key presses”.
that’s what the “specific software” is.

And not ALL multi-boxers use that, or any form of additional software.

I realize that.

I agree with that.

Nothing you do is wrong, nor will you been banned for that, so no concerns there.

And yet I regularly get /whispers about “your cheating, REPORTED RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE” (and yes, I specifically spelled it that way because those messages tend to use awful grammar.)

2 Likes

Well you know what they say, another one is born every min :p.

A lot of assumptions being made in this stupid thread :laughing:. It’s one thing to ban software that can be used to grief, or cause problems for other players in a negative way. As it should be banned. Very slippery slope, if they even try to start banning people for using things related to computers/hardware in their own homes. First off you are assuming that people who multibox, and who were, or might have been using software to multibox with are all of a sudden going to go out, and spend $100’s, or 1000’s of dollars just to continue boxing. You are really reaching on that. Sure some folks might. The hardcore type of videogame addicted player maybe. But the average multiboxer who might just dual box a couple characters are not going to. But who knows, maybe they will add language to the new policy that prohibits hardware in the game. I for one would not play a game, or support a company that would start trying to ban what people use hardware related to computers in the privacy of their own homes. Matter of fact I would hit every social media site related to said company, and let people know exactly what they were doing if they tried something like that. Again banning software that can be used to hack is one thing, but computer hardware? Give me a break lol.

1 Like

Honestly, we do that now. What’s your point, furry?

In defense of multiboxers, though I am not one, the term is used incorrectly by many in these forums.

I have encountered a multi boxer who runs an additional account as a druid to be his main’s epic mount slash healer slash CC. He does not broadcast his keyboard presses or mouse clicks because he can run 2 screens.

There is absolutely no reason to ban someone just because he is effective in managing more than one toon across several screens.

My personal opinion as to why Blizzard chose to word software, is because as many here have mentioned, hardware or virtual hardware is almost impossible to detect and prove.

That said, this works both ways. For example, a mboxer druid runs hardware broadcasting to farm herbs. He is reported and all accounts were suspended. HE will have to prove to Blizzard that he did not use illegal software to achieve the efficiency he was employing to herb. And it would be virtually impossible for him to do so.

Hence, it does not really matter if they worded hardware or not. Once reported, and they found that the actions across the accounts were simultaneously performed, then the burden of evidence lies with that mboxer.

1 Like

Geee, I wonder just how hard it would be to break out the soldering iron and make a board that had one keyboard and mouse in, and 5 of each out.

And since it’s not software, it’s not breaking the TOS, and not detectable by warden. it’s just more expensive to need 5 PCs to do it, but entirely possible.

They banned key duplication software, not multi boxing. Don’t lose your mind when you see a boxer in 6 months!

You don’t need six months, there are almost always 2 to 3 grps of mboxed druids farming jellies these days on Frostmourne cluster.

Well, in six months blizzard will have gone from warnings to bans for continued use of the software.