New Mount: Hogrus, Swine of Good Fortune!

Why are you folks at Blizzard selling a flying mount, when we can’t fly in the current content yet?

Really, have you no shame at all?

59 Likes

I’m well aware. You missed the point however. It’s about them making mounts like this store only while the mounts that you actually can earn are mostly reskins. I have over 3 million gold but wouldn’t waste a copper of it on something like this.

15 Likes

Dad joke of the day:

Q: Why is there a new pandarian mount on in the blizzard store?

A: I don’t know, but I think its a “shu-in”

8 Likes

But that is my point. with 3mil gold you could easily buy this and not lose a minutes rest. What difference does it make if you have to go through the wow token AH and in game shop vs buying it from a vendor?

8 Likes

Why are people still whining about an OPTIONAL cosmetic?

And what Pouljikhan said “What difference does it make if you have to go through the wow token AH and in game shop vs buying it from a vendor?”

11 Likes

Are you purposely being dense?
The difference is blizzard is still making $$$ for the mount instead of offering it in game. In fact by buying a wow token with gold you’re giving blizzard even more money then outright buying it.

25 Likes

Generally because cosmetics are usually in F2P games and certainly not in games with full retail price + monthly fee.

33 Likes

But why do you care if blizzard makes money? Shouldn’t you want the game you play to make money and do well financially? Especially if they are getting the money from people who aren’t you? And they are only buying cosmetics not power?

7 Likes

There are lots of mounts in the game - why do they all have to be there ? Some people are good at making gold and this way they have a mount that ‘rewards’ their excellence as well.

5 Likes

Wait, that wasn’t a flying Kul’tiran? I just got these glasses.

2 Likes

Maybe you could list the games that have a full retail price (you can buy WoW on sale though) plus a sub fee that don’t have a store. I am actually not familiar with any game like this.

5 Likes

Agreed! Some people are good at making $$ in real life. I don’t begrudge them getting the mount that way either. I never see someone on a store mount and think, Wow they must be good at this game. I want to play like them. I do sometimes think, wow that is an awesome looking mount!

5 Likes

It’s almost as if all the store mounts can fly and flying is being released in the next patch

I would say it falls under the mantra of “Just because I could do this, doesn’t mean it should be like this.”

It may not mean anything to you, hell it means nothing to me how people spend their money. The problem as I see it is that every item that goes into the store is one less reward I could work towards in game. I collect mounts, and I would probably grind some rep/currency for the mount even if I never use it… but I would never pay actual money, and that just reduces my playtime.

7 Likes

This makes no sense. You don’t have to pay real money and what it is the difference if you are willing to spend gold if it is on a vendor in game or in the store ?

4 Likes

Well they arent going to put reskins in the store, no one will buy them. And if they make unique mounts obtainable in game no one will buy those either.

Just spend your time grinding gold in game to buy tokens and that’s exactly what you are doing.

1. grinding a currency (gold) - :heavy_check_mark:
    2)buying blizzard balance with token (#1 again)
  2. buying mount without spending real money - :heavy_check_mark:

Congratulations! ! You can now ride your new Flying Pig around on the ground because the devs are butthurt not everyone enjoys their convoluted maze of constricted terrain and hordes of inconsequential mobs.

7 Likes

If they put an option to buy them directly with in game gold cutting out the middle man would it still feel as dirty to you? They could do that and average the gold spent into the cost of the WoW token and maybe people would have the perception that blizz was doing something better, but in the end it would work out the same for blizz’s pockets so I’m not sure what difference it makes.

1 Like

It really doesn’t make any difference - some people bought that ah mount with real money and it was on an in game vendor.

2 Likes

At first, I thought thisa was just another cash grab mount. But after a quick little chat, it makes way more sense that this mount was made for the Chinese playerbase.

Promotion mounts (Dreadwake, Hogrus, etc.) takes many months to plan out.

I’d still like to see more unique mounts made available through earning them in-game (Gold/Wallet isn’t the same as going around earning achievements to unlock it).

With all that said, the mount is gorgeous.

12 Likes