New log in screen is so bad…

I hope not. Its very boring.

Why can’t we choose our own login screens? (like from a previous expac)

2 Likes

It is genuinely atrocious, I hope the plan is to have it “open” and reveal something visually interesting.

3 Likes

I really don’t care about the loading or login screens; but the character screen is a freaking pain in the butt. They screwed up the order of my characters, but four of my least played characters in as my “favorites” and, as much as I seriously want warbands (honestly, it’s the only reason I came back after leaving just before Dragonflight came out) I don’t want character screen to be every character on every server.

2 Likes

Incompatible??

1 Like

Probably lol. It was a JPEG. Maybe they want a TIFF

:ocean: :milky_way: :ocean: :milky_way:

1 Like

idk when i login now it takes way more than 5 seconds even with me having wow on nvme drive.more like 20-30seconds.

I have to admit, the new login screen was a bit disappointing.

I mean, to me, NOTHING beat the OG log in screen. I still remember sitting there in the early days when I had no idea what was awaiting me in game (having never played the RTS), listening to the swell of music and gazing through that portal into a lush, green, rolling landscape of potential - being beckoned to adventure.

For me, no screen has had the same impact.

It would have been nice if there was something though. If the circular widget opened up to swirling pale gold and blue - like a vortex pulling you in, before closing again.

But, as others pointed out, you’re hardly ever in the log in screen for long.

The new login screen for the new expansion has been incredibly baffling.

Every expansion they have given us a login screen rich with details, depth, an epic grand of scale, and something you could stare at for minutes on end.

But here we are with a vault door… It’s almost as if it’s a placeholder for something grand and spoiler-ish.

That’s the only sensible conclusion.

Yea it’s terrible. And it’s all zoomed out now too. There’s nothing on it, very boring, don’t like.

Xal’atath really should be on the login screen. The one we have now could be a backdrop behind her. But it is possible that they intend some slow “animation” where the cracks open up over months.