New "leak" enjoy

I really don’t get why they didn’t just give the people who wanted them High Elves. It would have been 0 work, an eye recolour.

3 Likes

I assume because their is a vocal Horde base that absolutely hates the idea. That it would be the Alliance stealing something from them or some such(of course its actually the Horde who took our elves because of faction imbalance)

2 Likes

Well too bad if minor skin changes could at least alleviate the high elf blunder then that’s a step in the right direction

To the void with Horde complainers

I’m not saying it’s real, but after Sylvanas burned the tree when we all expected otherwise, I wouldn’t say anything is fake until ingame disproves it.

It’s because it is giving a Horde race to the Alliance. The most popular Horde race. It’s exactly the same as making humans into a Horde race.

There would be significant gameplay consequences, most of them negative, for Horde players.

Also, the Horde didn’t take “your elves.” Since you know lore, you know that the High/Blood Elves were driven from the Alliance by a human leader long before the narrative of World of Warcraft began. Blizzard then decided to move their story forward by having them join the Horde, rather than regressing it backwards, though it is almost certain that faction imbalance was indeed a strong motivation.

35 Likes

It’s from 4chan, enough said.

ITT: people flaming 4chan but have only been on the internet for 2 years

Y’all lol

1 Like

There’s about as much chance of that, “Leak,” being genuine as there is of us starting the next expansion with the ability to fly without Pathfinder or gold sinks.

Still, to indulge the point of conversation.

I really don’t know how I feel about all that. Take Elune away from the Night Elves, and what do they have left? They lost the Cenarion Circle back in Vanilla to neutrality. Thing is, if Blizzard would invest the time and resources to properly build the Night Elves back up as a people, this could turn out okay. I mean, it worked for Blood Elves after Quel’Thalas’ fall.

I just don’t see Blizzard investing the resources into the Night Elves after they’ve (arguably) been a player in the last two expansions (Val’sharrah and Teldrassil/War of Thorns/Terror of Darkshore/Azshara).

The idea of the factions being able to group up, join the same guild, and even walk in the opposite faction’s city, doesn’t surprise me. WoW is an old game with a dwindling population, and keeping the playerbase divided just risks the overall health of the game more and more. Trying to keep the two factions balanced in just too difficult.

That having been said, this is just going to ruin a lot of immersion for players in general, I think. I mean, if my dwarf here saw an Orc or a Troll wandering around Stormwind, I’d be thrown completely out of it. For that matter, I can’t imagine any Zandalari walking around in Stormwind comfortably, after Talanji was imprisoned there.

I mean, I get the general idea, but after all the fuss with Void Elves, is it really a good idea to let them walk freely around Silvermoon City, or even the Sunwell island?

Baine and Anduin making peace is a no-brainer.
Vulpera and Mechagnomes are a no-brainer.
No High Elves/Sethrak is a no-brainer.

Prestige classes are an interesting idea to be honest. That said, I’m surprised that Dragonsworn come from Druid. Dragonsworn come from many different classes after all, and can be from any race. I think the only class every race can play is Warrior. Still, this would suck a little. I have a friend who plays a mage who RP’s being in the process of becoming a Dragonsworn, earning the trust of some Blue Dragons.

I can’t say I care for Tinker as a class but I know some people who want it, so I’ll be happy for them.

As for Lightbound Undead and Boar-People, I hope that doesn’t happen. I can’t think of anyone I know who isn’t ironically interested in Lightbound Undead, and a race of Boar-People seems so pointless.

This probably is fake, but I am super into the idea of prestige classes, especially if there’s a necromancer skin for warlocks or a shadow hunter skin for hunters and shaman.

6 Likes

The faction merging thing is the only thing that seems legitimate. It’s recently been announced that the achievement for being one of the first 100 guilds to clear M CoS is closing this reset for Horde. Alliance, on the other hand, still have 88 slots left. That’s a truly impressive amount of lopsidedness.

5 Likes

It doesn’t take that much observation of 4chan for the nature of its subcultures to make themselves known.

5 Likes

Ten characters.

2 Likes

This is probably the best idea coming out of the, ‘Leaks,’ though it’s been a long-standing one. I’m still surprised Druid is going to be Dragonsworn when so few races can be Druids.

Necromancer looks awesome and I’m really looking forward to that.

I’m not too keen on Dark Shaman. What does that even look like? Dark Shamans have mostly looked like regular Shamans. I think I’d rather have gotten Runemaster as a skin for Shamans, using runes instead of totems, but I’m probably biased on that, being a Dwarf Shaman. Still, I think Tauren used Rune Magic as well, and it fits for Orcs and even Trolls. I don’t think there’s a single shaman race that doesn’t have some kind of connection to rune magic.

I wonder what other classes might get for Prestige classes? Blademasters for Warriors? Warden/Spellbreaker skins for Demon Hunters?

Can’t even think what Priests, Mages, or Paladins would get.

So you condemn one of the largest forums on the internet because of like maybe 5% of the userbase?

:thinking:

No, I condemn the 5 percent of the userbase which is most likely where this came from. Developers for any major software enterprise aren’t going to risk their jobs breaching their NDA on social media.

I do note that 4chan doesn’t really make any effort to restrain that 5 percent.

3 Likes

Orcs in SW and Night Elves in Horde guilds and so on.

4Head, this will be indeed, the dead of lore for ever.

• The next allied races are Vulpera and Mechagnome and the ones after that are Lightbound Undead for the Alliance and some sort of Boar creature that uses the Worgen rig for the Horde

boar race? what? they could get saberon, drakonid, ogres, but they will do a boar race who is not even quillboar? LUL

Naturally the kaldorei are devastated that their goddess worked towards/allowed Tel’drassil to burn

???

• Says that Bwonsomdi’s boss is a “she”, no name yet

thats it, i believe it now, this alone make this elak have great chances to be true, match perfetly the new blizzard introducing “new powerful woman” all the time.

now we have elune and the female death “lord”, who i bet will have something to do with Sylvanas.

This is it, the ones who though we could not go any low we are going subterranean now

1 Like

So… This is the power of the hacker known as 4chan.

4 Likes

No, the 5 percent are the weirdos from /b/ and /pol/. This video game fanfic definitely did not originate there, also making up this garbage is harmless, since no one takes it seriously anyway.

Every forum is going to have some ferals in it, that’s just a fact of life. Seems like you are just riding a wave :woman_shrugging:

It’s silly to treat this as anything other than bait.

4 Likes

you should play alliance quests in BFA, every time there’s new leader-character - it’s woman. In one quest there’s man… and he dies, so woman becomes new leader. There’s so many quests like this on alliance side even most blind person would notice.

2 Likes