New interview with Ion

Oh. People were just being stupid then. Idk man I try not to pay much attention to the forums.

1 Like

No this is in line with what I recall from the reveal - you can change covenants but it’s costly and time consuming- I would have sworn that was from the initial reveal at Blizcon.

What Azerite taught them is that they need to make it really painful to prevent frequent use.

Yeah, take everything Blizzard and Ion’s hands say with a massive grain of salt until Shadowlands is actually out.

1 Like

I hope Ion only said this with the model just to piss of Pyromancer. Sad that they didn’t considered to finally stop the clash of High Elf fans and the rest.

2 Likes

Sylvanas will be the leader of the maw covenant and lead us against the jailer.

calling it now.

SO the jailer is gonna kill himself, why would the maw punch itself

The Jailer is not Sylvanas’s master:

The maw his is faction, why would the maw fight itself.

Gimme that hypothetical Maw covenant armor sets.

2 Likes

Because they want to be free?

So why would sylvanas get all the maw people to join the heroes who are trying to keep the them jailed to fix shadowlands

Katiera: Why would Sylvanas tell a lie?

Soulbinds are talent trees tied to a character, is not a companion system.

Is like, you make a soulbind with me, and i’ll grant you a talent tree where you can choose those options, or you make a soulbind with that other dude, and you’ll get another talent tree.

2 Likes

I am not doubting that she wants to lord over the jailer, but lol, the heroes joining the maw to jail the maw is just dumb
Like she is gonna fight the jailer and us at the same time, cause like you know if we fix shadowlands she gets weaker right?

MMO-Champion as more info for people who don’t watch the intervier themselves.

Lore

• We’ll learn some about the history of the Arbiter and Jailer, the rulers, and what forces shaped the Shadowlands.
  • There are parallels between the Titans that rule Azeroth and the Pantheon of death that rules the Shadowlands.

Pre-Expansion Patch

• The current plan is to tell the story of what happened to all of the Undead after the Helm of the Lich King. Main experience will be in Northrend and Icecrown.
  • Fight the way to the center of what happened to save our world. Bolvar and Death Knights will mobilize alongside the Horde and Alliance.
  • There will be a few one time story moments, time to resolve some of the threads, such as Nathanos.
  • There will be some re-playable outdoor content to help people coming back to gear up and get ready for Shadowlands.

More Lore

• The team is generally planning two expansions in advance. Not a super detailed plan, but a higher level plan.
  • Bwonsamdi was really loved by players, so the team is happy to incorporate him into Shadowlands.
  • The Tyrande scenario is a piece of an endgame quest line, not the introduction.
  • Tyrande will be important in Shadowlands, has a connection to Ardenweald, her story is far from over.
11 Likes

“The enemy of my enemy is my friend.”

Called it.

Doesnt really apply here, when our objective is to get her too. Blizzard already said they dont want people switching covenants so they arent gonna add one later.

1 Like

The Jailor: The Guy that Sylvanas keeps telling Nathanos not to worry about.

I’m kind of hoping Nathanos survives whatever raid encounter they have planned for him in the first raid tier. I want to see his heart crack when she dumps him for her new sugardaddy.

5 Likes

Our objective is whatever Blizzard tells us that our objective is.