New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

This is a step in the wrong direction. You need to get off your rears and start banning these bots. This is only going to further hurt your community. Also what happend to the whole “we are not going to make changes” to classic? Atleast back then you banned bots.

43 Likes

How about you just ban the bots instead of doing this LOL.

17 Likes

I’d like to better understand why locking the full/high pop realms is not an option and then cleaning out the botters?

Also why isn’t the authenticator mandatory? Lock accounts without an authenticator. They are each a point of failure.

5 Likes

Absolutely terrible approach to this problem. Firstly, the vast majority of bots have multiple accounts. Secondly, this is primarily just hurting players who are actually trying to play the game - Jed fishing, Mara runs, etc.

20 Likes

The bots will just farm on 4 servers rotating every 6 hours, it will just make the bots in more control of the markets and real players less (because there farm time is now limited). Demand will still be the same, so they will open 4x the accounts and corner the markets more! The prices of what they will be farming will go up, gold prices will go up. When people have to pay 500g per raid and cant farm that much without instances cause all the bots are now in control, they will have to buy gold to buy the consumes from the bots. AKA blizzard just did the bot farmers a favor!

11 Likes

awesome i had a feeling the hammer was about to be dropped!
/salute

I am expressing my displeasure with this change.

23 Likes

You could just, you know, actually ban botters and hackers.

27 Likes

Damn dude. Bad change.

19 Likes

this is the worst change ive ever seen. if i can’t farm diremaul 30+ times in a day anymore, you’re literally encouraging me to purchase gold to make up for lost income. why don’t you solve the actual bot problem instead of punishing legit players?

[Moderator Note: This post has been edited to remove language that violates the forum Code of Conduct.]

20 Likes

ppl running dungeons with higher-levels, for example stockades for wool or SM for silk are able to hit this cap pretty reliably.

this looks awfully like capping the farms of Mara and ZF in the name of combating bots…

22 Likes

I normally don’t say stuff in the forums, but this is stupid, now every wow bot account is going to have a 60 on multiple realms and just switch realms when they hit the 30cap

23 Likes

If this change is real I’m 100% quitting and never buying Shadowlands or giving Activision-Blizzard another dollar until Diablo 4 releases…

As a rogue, my optimal way to farm is to spam BRD coffer key runs all day (9 minutes per stealth run) and you are seriously going to limit me to farming dungeons for 5 hours a day?!

STOP MAKING STUPID CHANGES BECAUSE YOUR COMPANY CAN’T AFFORD GM SUPPORT. You’re literally killing the Classic community and we won’t forget the stupid decisions you made to Classic when The Burning Crusade gets announced at BlizzCon.

DO NOTTTTT DO THIS TO US COME ON BLIZZ

29 Likes

Y’know Kaivax, you guys might consider removing Blizzard (the spell) from dungeons and raids. Y’know… if you’re looking for creative solutions here.

7 Likes

All this will do is cause botters to create additional accounts. It does very little to solve the underlying issues. BAN THE BOTS.

10 Likes

I mean, ok. But I’m sure you are going to make a handy interface for people to EASILY see what the game is logging as an instance right? You wouldnt just leave that to the addon creators? Cause sometimes it doubles up and the addons dont see that. It would be silly to say… mess up someones raid night because they responsibly farmed all the crowd pummeller they needed.

On that note… Maybe instances and raids should be on DIFFERENT lockouts? You might say: “oh, ZG though”… not really. 10 raids and 30 instances per day? Cant really LEGITIMATELY mess that up can you? I’m sure ya’ll group brainstormed all this and its very well implemented in a way that won’t inconvenience the players you are not targeting.

Looking forward to the bot blocking and banning that is surely following the data that comes from hitting the 30 instance cap every day. Cause, well… ya know…

16 Likes

This is a stupid change. What about legitimate players?

12 Likes

ye. or force them to buy more accounts. win/win for activision i guess.

13 Likes

I farm gold by doing DM:E/Mara Lockouts and this change will now effectively hamstring the amount of income I can make on my main account

Please revert this change as it negatively impacts players in high population zones were dungeon farming was the best source of gold income. I now have to compete against bots in the open-world

This also negatively effects people trying to scout for rare mobs in dungeons like Skul/Jed in order to get their bis gear and players who are boosting in dungeons and can’t compete against the open world bots when trying to level outside

Dungeon lockouts will not fix the bot problem as they will have multiple accounts to cycle through

15 Likes

They need to remove the 40man raid instance IDs from the instance limit. It should only apply to dungeons and 20man raids.

10 Likes