New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

That video doesn’t address doing more than 30 per day with the new rule, or did I miss something? It just says that boosting in and of itself is not exploitative.

1 Like

Clearly you do not understand the change. You do not have to reset a dungeon to hit the 30 instance a day lockout.

Exploiting isn’t just cheating, it can include any behavior that falls outside of intended gameplay. And it seems they don’t consider spamming resets to the extreme degree some people were doing intended gameplay.

1 Like

It’s never been to an extreme degree, it’s always had a 5 per hour cap. The number 30 is arbitrary.

3 Likes

Not counting raids there are what? 20-21 dungeons in WoW Classic. Wouldn’t you have to reset at least 9 or 10 to do 30 in a day? I’ve never come close so I really wouldn’t know.

No, that’s your view on it. Not blizzards.

If that was the case they would have banned anyone who did more than 30 instances a day, but they didn’t because that’s not an exploit and this change wasn’t made to address that.

Your trying to decide what an exploit is by your opinion instead of the facts of what blizzard has shown to be an exploit.

They said themselves the change was made because of exploitive and automated gameplay. Not Exploitive gameplay and automated gameplay. The automation of the gameplay was the exploit they were addressing. (Even if the change does nothing vs it…)

If 30+/day was an exploit people would have been banned for it well before this change was made.

2 Likes

This a pretty wild assumption on your part. They didn’t ban people for MC’ing charcters out of BGs, but they did decide it was exploitative game play and changed it so it couldn’t be done. Kind of like when they put a cap on the number of instances per day :wink:

Yet he and zeegers still got banned. Regardless on wether or not it’s allowed, people are getting banned for hitting the instance cap.

Luckily these guys are both popular streamers so I’m sure they got a bit more attention than others who have been wrongfully banned.

They need to clarify how many times we can hit the instance cap per week/month without getting banned by their automated system

Nope. Simply entering someone elses instance makes it a fresh ID without needing to reset.

They did temporary ban a few people who were doing it to the extreme though. So the people who were doing 60-100 (instances a day would have at least gotten temporary bans if doing more than 30 was considered an exploit.

On top of that if doing 30+/day was an exploit they would have had that limited to your battle.net account instead of individual wow accounts. If it’s an exploit they wouldn’t be letting people get past it simply by having more than one wow account.

Doing 30+/day instances IS NOT AN EXPLOIT. Nowhere has blizzard said it is, they made the 30/day change to combat botting and regardless of how effectively this change does that (it doesn’t do it effectively at all) it wasn’t made to address people doing more than 39 instances a day. If they considered “excessive” play into one aspect of the game exploiting, they would have put a limit to BGs per day. They would have put a limit to action house use per day. They would have put a limit to mail per day. They would have put a limit to forums posts per day.

Did they do any of those things? No. So the 30/day instances we’re not to stop “excessive” play in one aspect of the game. It was done for the reason they gave, even if it’s ineffective at it.

… It amazes me that people are trying to say playing the game more than average is an exploit…

1 Like

It was clarified that it was the gold traded to another account (even if he owned both) as the reason he got banned, not for hitting instance cap.

2 Likes

He got banned because he traded gold to an alt. What are you even talking about.

3 Likes

I don’t agree, and how do you know that no one got a temporary ban for excessive, say > 100, per day for days on end?

Exploit and exploitative behavior are not the same things. Glitching a boss because of a programming error to avoid mechanics is an exploit and many people have been banned for taking advantage of this type of exploit (mostly if they continue to do it on purpose). Behaviors, like resetting dungeons, are controlled by Blizzards rules. The rules previously allowed it, now they don’t. For whatever reason Blizzard decided to change the rules. I personally believe they found the behavior exploitative and for that reason, and to inconvenience bots, decided to change the rules.

You can dislike the change, agree with it, or be neutral, but now it is just another of the rules enforced in the game. There are many, and I’m sure there are very few that at least some people would like changed. Personally I just haven’t been convinced that there is really any good reason, IMO, to revert the change.

P.S. It wasn’t an exploit because the rules previously permitted it, but it could still be considered exploitative behavior, hence the change and the reason for few, if any bans, prior to the rule change.

1 Like

LoL no it’s blizzard’s view too, they explicitly made a change to limit dungeon resets, which is an extension of a rule they added in vanilla.

I want to find the surprised blinking man gif for this…
Because this one sentence captures the White Knight, Fanboi defense to a ‘T’.

They are so desperate to be right, even with CLEAR evidence in the form of a video, that they will lawyer this to the point of a Clintonian definition of the word “is”.

5 Likes

Pretty sure they did it to “combat botting”, which the change doesn’t do successfully at all.

1 Like

Exploititive behavior and botting, not just botting. So regardless of how effective it is or is not against bots, it certainly seems to be impacting people who were abusing dungeon spam.

1 Like

Just in case you aren’t trolling, as unlikely as that seems at the moment, take a minute to read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_(computer_security). In software an exploit has a very specific meaning. It makes perfect sense to separate out someone using a software exploit versus someone behaving in an exploitative manner. If that doesn’t convince you, well, I did my best. Have a good day :wink:

1 Like

Ok that explains Araleus but what about Zeegers?

The sad thing is I’m tempted to boost a mage to 60 on my second account using my 60 mage on my main account just so I can get around the 30 limit. Does Blizzard just want us to buy more accounts to farm and boost? Because having multiple accounts is what botters are well known for : /.