New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

I pretty much lost all desire to play and now I just raid log again. I had just stopped raid logging and started doing dungeons with the guild and leveling alts a few weeks prior.

1 Like

Because I have a thick skin and don’t care if people insult me but the profanity filter isn’t there to protect me, it’s there to protect the children that also use these forums who have parents that don’t want them seeing that stuff.

If an insult is directed at me I don’t care, if your intentionally bypassing a profanity filter it can effect children who have parents controls active on their account that tries to stop said filter.

It’s more of a idc what you say to/about me, but I’m being respectful of parents wishes for what their children see on the internet.

I know the whole prevent kids from seeing bad things on the internet is a losing battle for parents but I will try to prevent it out of respect for the parents wishes for what their kids see.

It’s like being respectful of children or family being present so you try not to use profanities when around them, but when your out with buddies at a bar you use them a lot more.

I have a thicker skin than a lot of people here so insult me all you want though XD.

1 Like

Also, Starz never insulted him, he said his comments are dumb, not the person himself.

There’s a difference between saying “what you just did was dumb” and saying “you are dumb”.

We all have are less than brilliant moments in life lol.

1 Like

That’s a whole lot of moved goalposts/excuses. Anyhow, I’ll continue to report people that break the forum rules. All of the fake self-righteous people that claim they don’t because they have “thick skin” do the exact same thing.

That’s a lot of righteousness, I’m glad you have thick enough skin to report people.

5 Likes

Paladin gotta do what a Paladin gotta do.

So what is the eta on removal of this awful policy?

4 Likes

Which policy? The one allowing players to have an endless supply of sock puppets on the forum?

2 Likes

No. Blizzard decideD the vanilla experience 15 years ago. The rules of the game were set down and polished then. 15 years of what the current developers call polish brought us the dung heap known as retail in current day.

We were promised the original game, with the original rules, wart and all, when they sold it to us. If I was interested in their opinions on how the game should be played and what is better for the game, I’d be playing retail - I’m not. That’s why #nochanges exists.

It was allowed in Vanilla, it should be allowed now. How many people did it or not is irrelevant. Catch bots in some other way that doesn’t affect legitimate players using vanilla rules.

The worries of “playing too much” on raid days are shared by other people in my guild too. While we wont allegedly get locked out of 40 mans anymore (but who wants to test that on raid night to see if they implemented it right?), it means no DMN/BFD buffs if we screw up “and play too much”. This affects how we play in ways we do not like.

7 Likes

You do realize that the widespread abuse of instances wasn’t the vanilla experience 15 years ago either, right?

4 Likes

You realize changing the game directly against what the original developers views were directly hurts the games vanilla experience?

Blizzard made an April fool’s joke about instance capping in 2006 showing how they thought such a change was absolutely a joke to the design goals of the game. Not only did the current classic devs add an instance cap, they made it more restrictive than the joke.

6 Likes

That would be because back then they didn’t call it “abuse”. They fact they might now, shows you how far their mindset is from the original devs, and hence why they shouldn’t make changes.
If players got more savy over the years and play more efficiently, they why is that a problem again? Fixing bugs is one thing (let the devs fix those), fixing play styles and player behavior is something else entirely.

7 Likes

They added the 5 instances an hour limit because of dungeon farming abuse. If people were resetting dungeons this often back in Vanilla, I’d wager they’d have added a daily limit like we see now.

3 Likes

Back then if there was this level of reset abuse, it would have been dealt with BACK THEN. If you doubt that, then you never played vanilla.

1 Like

Aren’t you done with these bad faith troll posts yet?

3 Likes

Do you even know what that term means?

1 Like

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument.

I think accusing everyone who disagrees with you of being sockpuppets or bots certainly fits the bill. Happy to help, boo!

6 Likes

I see. You must be reacting emotionally in a knee jerk fashion, and not at all due to someone disagreeing with you.

1 Like

I’m glad you can admit to yourself that what you’re doing here is trolling so nobody wastes their time. <3

2 Likes

Says the troll with the hidden profile to make it more difficult for folks to put you on ignore

1 Like