New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

Well that’s because no one is saying that. The arguement is that the extent of running the instances, and the extent at resetting instnaces, is what is being abused.

Which is true, no one played like this in Vanilla. And if Blizzard’s goal is to deliver us an authentic classic experience, this change is a monumental success.

1 Like

So wait… “now considered” but wasn’t an exploit before? So if this change was to combat exploitative behavior, doing 30 dungeons or more a day wasn’t an exploit.

It’s only an exploit now that it isn’t possible?

2 Likes

I and many of my friends played this way 15-16 years ago. What we’ve been doing is no different than what we did then. But for some reason it’s a problem 16 years later…

3 Likes

Source please. Most players I know played like this in Vanilla, and many going for ranking played up to 3x more daily, every day for months on end.

He doesn’t have to. Blizzard has capped dungeons at 30 per 24 hours, that is the rule now. You can run those 30 instances as quickly as you like (so long as you don’t do more than 5 an hour until you hit the 30 per 24 hour cap). No limit has been put on how fast you run a dungeon, unless of course, you are cheating somehow.

1 Like

No one I knew played like this so I guess our experiences cancel out :slight_smile:

Here’s a log of my dungeon activity in the last 24 hours, with timestamps for when I exited the instance:

1, 11:48P
2, 11:54P
3, 11:59P
4, 12:05A
5, 12:14A
6, 2:00A
7, 2:05A
8, 2:10A
9, 2:16A
10, 2:24A
11, 7:05A
12, 7:09A
13, 7:12A
14, 7:16A
15, 7:19A
16, 8:21A
17, 8:25A
18, 8:28A
19, 8:32A
20, 8:35A
21, 9:34A
22, 9:37A
23, 9:41A
24, 9:45A
25, 9:50A
26, 11:36A
27, 11:39A
28, 11:42A
29, 11:46A
30, 11:49A
31, 1:22P
32, 1:30p
33, 1:33p
34, 1:38p
35, 1:42p (Estimate, I forgot to write this down)

Are the blizzard police going to come get me for exploiting?

1 Like

Your example makes no sense. The fine is for going over the posted speed limit. In this case, 30 instances is the limit.

1 Like

As stated by Blizzard, this change only affected a small handful of players. When I said no one, I didn’t mean literally no one. Obviously some people have some desire to play for 6+ hours a day, more power to them, I wish i had that sort of free time.

But the facts are, as Blizz has stated, only a small handful of legitimate players have been affected by this. If you were affected by this, there’s a good chance Blizzard doesn’t consider your gameplay “legititmate”.

3 Likes

You never know, or they may let it go as a glitch that only happens on Tuesdays, or they may decide to fix it, or maybe you wrote down the wrong time, or, whatever :wink:

No, I definitely did not write down the incorrect time for any entry other than 35.

But hey screw it I guess it’s not exploiting to run more than 30 on a tuesday! Because why the hell not!

1 Like

I guess we’ll find out, won’t we? I look forward to seeing your rage post in the next bot ban wave regarding how you’ve been unfairly banned.

Similar to how a Spelladin rolls, but harder because it can’t shine in any fire raid. It only works later if at all, really.

What you said literally makes no sense lmao.

Blizzard stated only a small handful of legitimate players have been affected by this. Then you go on to say that they don’t consider the gameplay of those players legitimate. They literally say “handful of legitimate players” lol.

2 Likes

So, this is what we want.

Blizzard: Why are we being unfairly punished for an action that is doing minimal to nothing to combat the behavior you are trying to curb.

An answer as to why we are being punished for our play style and playing THEIR GAME, nothing more. No hyperbole, no obtuse fanboi/white knights, a straight answer as to why we are being punished for doing NOTHING WRONG!!!

So your logic is that Blizzard now considers it to be an exploit to have been doing more instances than a cap that didn’t even exist yet?

1 Like

It was always an exploit, but they didn’t monitor for it. Now they’ve clarified their stance on it. Kind of like how you used to be able to MC people out of BGs and now you can’t. Keep closing your eyes and plugging up you ears, though.

No, you misrepresent my arguement.

What I’m saying is, that people affected by this change are either non-legiitimate players or apart of the small handful of players. In either case, the majority is more important to protect. That’s the be all and end all.

Vanilla WoW permitted you to do dungeons all day without issue, having only a restriction on resets per hour. So while retail Blizz might consider this an issue, it’s pretty clear that doing 31+ dungeons in 24 hours was allowed in Vanilla. And what Vanilla devs allowed really should have always been the standard for how this game is, as it was originally meant to be a faithful recreation of Vanilla.

Blizz also stated Classic was meant to be a faithful recreation of Vanilla, that they wouldn’t bring back layering, and that this change was to combat exploits/automated behaviour without explaining what the exploits are, and with it being easily proven that it does nothing to stop any automated behaviour.

They also stated that WCIII Reforged would have dynamic cutscenes. I’m sure I could go over a list of hundreds of more obvious lies. If they wanted people to trust them on this, maybe they should have explained what they meant by exploit since running a lot of dungeons has never been considered an exploit before?

Source, I want to know where and when they’ve stated that running too many dungeons in a day is an exploit.