New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

The part where this does nothing to actually address either automated gameplay, or any exploitative gameplay that they themselves (and not you, their loyal white knights) have come out and said is an exploit.

3 Likes

They didn’t say it was only to stop bots. In fact bots aren’t even mentioned in the post. People are making that assumption on their own. They say they are addressing two issues: exploitative and automated gameplay. They again go on to say it complements the 5 instances per hour.

So what known exploits or not bot automated gameplay does this stop?

Oh, and answer that without making any assumptions.

It doesn’t that’s the problem with it. The only thing it stops is legitimate hard core game play.

3 Likes

Doing more than 30 instances a day as a complement to the 5 instances an hour. Explotive gameplay is whatever Blizzard chooses to define it as, and, as of now, they’ve expanded the 5 per hour to cap at 30 per 24 hours.

1 Like

Great, so where is the Blue post with the new and shiny definition?
Or did ya’ll white knights make that up too?

2 Likes

Sure, you could say that if that post only had exploitative gameplay as a reason and had the 30 instance cap change it could be interpreted that way.

But the issue is that there is no distinction. This post came out literally a few days after videos of people fly hacking in zg went viral and youtubers/streamers started talking about it.

Exploitative + automated gameplay does not mean what you keep saying it means. I and many many others, as apparent by this thread, certainly interpreted it differently. That is your personal interpretation and opinion. So please, stop spamming the forum like your opinion is what Blizzard said, because it simply is not.

1 Like

Then maybe they should let us in on the secret. If they’re going to have laws, maybe letting the people that need to follow the laws know what the laws are could be part of this?

Also.

The irony that you of all people would say this when every single thing you’ve argued for is 100% assumption with nothing to back it up is hilarious.

3 Likes

Legitimate play is whatever Blizzard decides and establishes rules to control. Not liking a change is fine, but they’ve always set the rules. I get not liking this particular rule, but it is their perogative to do what they think is best for the game.

3 Likes

This is the most illogical argument I’ve heard yet. The 30 per day cap is now one of the rules we, players, live by. There is no assumption about that, it is a hard fact. The only thing we can go by is their stated reason for the change, which, at least to many of us, seems very clear.

2 Likes

Well at least you’ve given up on trying to give a good reason for this and devolved to ‘whatever they say goes’. So if they put wow tokens, LFR and warmode into Vanilla, hey, it’s perfectly fine.

And that’s the funniest thing yet said in this thread.

You just turned your argument to ‘because they felt like it’ after being able to come up with no source for your other claims of what exploitative or automated behaviour is.

1 Like

They let us know, but you’re still in denial about it:

Funny how they stated their position in this very thread, but players are still scratching their heads over what Blizzard considers exploitative. The answer is simple. If you’re running over 30 instances a day on a single realm, then they think you’re exploiting dungeon mechanics. You weren’t intended to get HoJ in a matter of days. You were supposed to get it over weeks or even months.

You just quoted something that they said it’s the combat exploitative behaviour- but not what the exploit is. And you still have not managed to find any sources for what those exploits might be that Blizz has said, likely because they don’t exist because there is no stated exploit that this change actually combats.

Farming specific gear is an exploit now? You’re all over the place, and again- source please.

What specifically are you exploiting- because until this change, there was nothing at all that was an exploit with doing something too much, and if suddenly now they consider doing something too much why is that limited to only dungeons and not any other activity to farm gear, gold or honour in this game?

Again- if there’s an exploit there- it’s something they’ve pulled out of thin air and given no actual statement that they consider it to be an exploit.

1 Like

They think? Or you actually are? Like, you have to understand why it’s problematic to be that vague.

Here’s the exploit again. Sorry you missed it the first two times:

And here they reiterated it in case anyone was still confused:

1 Like

It isn’t an exploit to run dungeons. How are any of you able to genuinely make that argument? It’s asinine.

2 Likes

Another strawman, I believe I understand their reasoning and I have given examples of what they may consider exploitative when taken to the extreme like Jed farming, boosting, MCP farming, and so on.

But you’ve made another unwarranted assumption, that I actually care, I don’t. Understanding why a change was made and agreeing or caring about a change are not equivalent. I did all the dungeons and raids during Vanilla, now I just wander around enjoying the old world before Cata. I supplement that with forum posting, which can be entertaining.

I did give examples, but I don’t really need to since Blizzard is the arbiter and their vision of non-exploitive gameplay is really all that matters. Your definition or mine for that matter is irrelevant. You can easily judge the limits on behaviors that Blizzard finds acceptable by the rules they put into the game.

1 Like

Oh my gosh. Way to simplify things. It’s like a bank robber claiming it’s not a crime to withdraw money from the bank. The first 30 times a day isn’t an exploit. More than that is, as Blizzard has stated, now considered an exploit.

1 Like

Entering 30 instances isn’t the exploit, that’s the solution. That’s like saying a $1000 fine is the crime, not speeding.

That’d be like saying the invisible walls are the exploit, not the backdoor jumping to get into an AV base.

Are you truly unable to differentiate the difference between a solution and an exploit?

Wait what?

I don’t even.

Again, POINT TO THE BLUE POST DEFINING RUNNING DUNGEONS QUICKLY ON RESET BEING AN EXPLOIT!!!

You can’t, the end.

1 Like