New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

Do they still? Either way once you break the lock with LFD it resets every heroics lock.

It’s not a full week lock for mythics though, it’s just no loot from bosses specifically.

And mythic+ literally everyone has their own key for and can put a group together and run whenever they want.

Small handful of players, so basically anyone who is slightly above casual play or a “weekend warrior”

Casuals have no issue with it. It’s the people that play a lot and try to maximize their play that have issues.

I play 1-2 hours a day on weekdays, and 8+ hours on weekends. This change is something I can work around to a degree, but it makes me much less willing to use my lockouts to help others do what they need to do, like arena runs. In other words it kills part of the social aspect of the game. And considering a good part of the benifit of classic vs retail in many peoples eyes is the community and it’s social aspects instead of having instant group systems that will group you with random people who likely aren’t even on your realm so if your a jerk it won’t matter…

One of the last heroics I did in retail I had a fresh lvl 110 (stopped in legion) dps warrior who qued as tank and then blamed the group for us not having a tank as he tried to force our druid (who was our healer) to be the tank. He did it for fast tank que. Didn’t care about how he treated us because he would likely never have to deal with us again.

You can’t do that in classic, your reputation follows you.

3 Likes

Now you also have to factor in that blizzard has also broken most of the solo farming techniques people are abusing in retail by dungeon design.

Which would also be an acceptable solution for classic. Remove all the pathing exploits people are abusing, remove the ability to solo specific things, remove being able to troll for rares. That would have been another solution.

This change does not only affect solo farming. And if we’re going to go there, two massively different games and your entire comparison is out the window

I consider boosting solo farming since you have 1 person playing with the rest of the group doing nothing.

And this change is not impacting people running level/gear appropriate dungeons .

Do you also consider 2+ players running many dungeons together solo farming? Seriously dude, don’t be silly.

You keep saying ‘level/gear’ appropriate dungeons like it means something but it’s you 100% slapping your opinion into the mix and is completely irrelevant.

1 Like

The vast majority of people impacted by this(excluding bots) are people who abusing some pathing to do 5 minute dungeon farms or spam resetting trolling for rares.

Even at a brisk 20 minute per dungeon you would have to play 10 hours to hit the limit.

2 Likes

And the only thing that is exploitative in what youve said is the pathing.

Yeah I’m not discussing this with you anymore, just yeet the goalpost way out here because I told you your comparison was bad.

Don’t bring up retail dungeon locks, you only look stupid doing it.

3 Likes

I didn’t bring up retail dungeons, I replied to someone who did.

And hey blizzard could have addressed these issues in other ways. For example give dungeon mobs a stacking buff when there’s more than say 10 of them together to prevent one pulling low level dungeons. Tie bosses to their nearby mobs to people can’t avoid packs. Give all melee mobs a charge when there’s no path/too far of a path so that people trying to abuse terrain just get charged. Remove the ability to easily check for rares.

But i’m willing to bet the people crying about 30 runs per hour would hate that even more.

1 Like

I don’t think you get how DME lasher runs work. Or Arena runs. None of these involve pathing issues. All of these have been no problem for 15 years, and now the current batch of Blizzard devs suddenly decide there is a problem, and start digging through their old April fools posts on ideas on the most ineffectual way to fix it making sure to carve out a “per realm” exception for their beloved botting community.

Let’s make more stupid solutions to these non-issues.
Remove all AOE and rooting abilities from all players to prevent them from mass killing dungeon mobs.
Let’s make it impossible to exit a dungeon without clearing every single boss… heck… every single hostile mob. That is sure to make BRD, BRS, and Mara much more popular.

I really don’t get how people can spend dozens of hours on the forums continually defending blizzard as they transform classic from what it was into something different (keep in mind, these are the same people who decided that ALL of the retail changes were an improvement when judging their judgement).

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter, really, any discussion of retail dungeon locks about this change looks stupid. Even the bits I contributed honestly. Everyone is dumber for having participated.

This is true.

Anyways, like I said blizzard could have put some soft rules in place that would inherently make 30 runs per day much harder to achieve. But I bet people would be crying about that even more.

No way it is here to stay!

That was part of vanilla…WE knew that going in…This was not part of vanilla this is a CHANGE that they said they wouldn’t make before they released …WARTS AND ALL

2 Likes

Don’t abuse the game, there won’t be changes.

Simple.

You’re always welcome to quit.

Simple.

2 Likes

Yeah, nobody had a problem with the initial limit of 5 instances per hour. Not a single person complained about 5 instances per hour because that’s what we all signed up for. That’s all we’re asking for back.

Now that that has been changed and has been affecting players (albeit, the non-casual folk), it’s a problem. Especially when the ONLY messaging around the change from Blizzard is that this change was targgeted at botting and exploitative gameplay. You have done nothing short of perverse the meaning of exploitative gameplay to use in arguing against nearly everyone against the change. Pretty obvious by your posting history that you only live on these forums to argue as a bizarre vigilante on Blizzards behalf. Regardless, the consensus on the meaning of exploitative gameplay is the abhorrent fly and speed hacking.

The change needs to go. It’s done nothing against botting and I’ve seen with my own eyes dozens and dozens of bots roaming the world. This is much more in the recent week than I’ve seen in the past 9 months. All you have to do is go to winterspring late at night to find them.

5 Likes

This is Classic, not Vanilla, it hasn’t been Vanilla from day one when we started at 1.12. Change was inevitable since everyone knows how to use/exploit/abuse the system now. They are preserving some of the warts (batching) but mitigating some of the exploits/excessive behaviors, spamming dungeons, MCing people out of BGs, etc. We never had Vanilla, Private servers never had Vanilla (they had changes as well). You can’t go back again. We are lucky to have gotten a somewhat modified Vanilla world to play in, Don’t worry, be happy :wink:

#ICantInstance

As someone farming for BoED at 1843 kills, I know i did 20 Princess kills yesterday to reset some of the super late ones I’ve done lately at night. Today I wake up with what should be 10 instances to start my day only to find myself still locked.

10 Likes

Ignorant people will tell you that that should be a sign to just pack it up and call it a day cause you dont need it anyway. On a real note, hope you get it within the next 7 kills, you earned it.