New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

Last time I played retail, you had to clear the full dungeon to get the reward loot box. If you quit before killing the final boss, no loot box for you.

Then they must have changed this. I’m pretty sure that there was a little “Objectives box” that popped up in the corner of the screen to indicate whether or not objectives for the loot box had been met. The only way you could skip over these objectives was by joining a group in progress that had already cleared them. Then again, maybe I just haven’t run retail dungeons in a long time, but I’m pretty sure I remember them working that way.

It’s automated, that’s what a bot is.

No, it’s automated, it’s not more hoops it’s automated- and keep in mind most of the botters aren’t actually even developing the program they use for this. It’d be like saying it’s a massive problem for you to have to download 4 addons from twitch rather than just one.

It SOUNDS like more work, but in comparison to the amount of money you get from a bot it’s like a drop in the bucket.

Nobody’s going to say ‘oh, 1000s of dollars for no effort? Sounds good’ and then say ‘oh, 1000s of dollars for no effort but it takes a bit longer of no effort to start making profit, no thanks’.

I don’t know how you people have managed to convince yourselves that a botting program having to switch characters four times a day is really going to be some sort of major hassle for these people.

1 Like

Dude, I get it. I am referring more to the >30 instance resets, mostly to accumulate vast sums of gold, not rep farming.

Also specifically commenting on your “one chance at loot per week” for retail, your comparing RAIDS to dungeons now.

They are different

Even in retail dungeons are spammable. Heck even heroics can have their lockouts ignored with the lfg features.

And your math is wrong. 300 instances a day was already impossible it was 120 per day. Now in retail you can do 300 instances a day if you can clear them fast enough. Because lfg tool removes any type of instance capping.

If they intended on the dungeons being full cleared they wouldnt have had the 5 per hour limits.

2 Likes

If they had intended unlimited dungeon farming as “core gameplay,” they wouldn’t have imposed a limit to begin with.

There wasnt unlimited dungeon farming. There was 5 per hour, 120 per day.

4 Likes

But you only get the reward box once per day.

And yet the change directly hurts rep farming as well.

Do you know how most people farm rep for the argent dawn?

Once the quests are done they do it with the trinket on and doing dungeons for the most effective way of doing it, scholomance and Strath. And they get to farm dark runes, blue items, exc. While doing it.

Did you know hard core guilds were regularly farming dark runes in dungeons for their healers/casters?

Did you know this item will be useful in TBC as well?
Did you know righteous orbs will be useful in TBC as well? And how do there items get gathered? Farming dungeons.

Wow classic is a grind fest, and they have nerfed players ability to grind, which leaves us more reason to ug, buy gold.

I will not buy gold but all this change has done to the more hardcore players, is make it harder to do their own farming, making it more likely they will buy gold to “keep up”

But you can farm the instance spawns endlessly, chests, ore, herbs, boss drops.

Accumulated gold that would be used for consumables for raids, PvP, buying reputation items from AH, exc.

Farming gold is a way to reduce the rep farm of later phases by buying the rep items on AH. Or buying consumables to make the rep/honor farm more reliable (PvP) or buying consumables to improve your speed at clearing raids. Heck if you ha e a raid of 40 engineers using consumables on a boss it can basically negate half of a bosses hp, remove a boss mechanics for “adds” instantly, exc

Gold helps every aspect of the game through consumables, farming gold is investing time to use it to save time in another aspect of the game.

And I really doubt that even among the small community of super hardcore raiders there were droves of people actually doing 30+ scholo/strat runs a day. People legitimately farming rep or runes or whatever are not abusing the reset mechanic and are doing full clears which simply take long enough that it’s very hard to hit the 30 limit doing so.

1 Like

Its funny how you call it abuse.

1 Like

I’ve seen 3 mage, 1 healer 1 tank groups going into scholomance and they just endlessly aoe farm the crap down. The tank is only there to kill the bosses in the way of the other trash.

There is literally videos of 2 mages killing mobs in Strath to get gold, orbs, exc. And they sell “boosts” to get more gold from it.

1 Like

They are trying to twist blizzards words from their post to make it mean something it didn’t.

When blizzard announced the change for exploiters and bots. The exploits they were referring to was clearly wall/ground/fly hacking. But they want to turn it into people “farming dungeons” are somehow “exploiting” them.

It was the people literally cheating that were being referenced with the exploiting comment.

5 Likes

A scholo clear takes me ~53 minutes, as a team of 2 players while doing extra mobs for dark runes and casually chatting. If I brought 3 dps players in addition to 1 tank player and 1 healer, I imagine it’s VERY easy to hit 30/day. Especially if we go for speed.

1 Like

I’m not an expert on bots. Never used them. Never noticed one in WoW. Which is why I asked. Thanks for your reply.

Are you suggesting that they ran > 30 scholos and strats a day?

Even going for speed you wouldn’t even be hitting the 5 runs per hour limit, which already takes 6 hours to hit the 30 a day cap.

2 Likes

No probably not, but 3/hr is pretty reasonable taking only 10hrs to cap out and locking you out of any other kind of instance for 24hrs.