New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

And once again I just don’t see there being swarms of people running scholo 10 hours a day.

2 Likes

Come on man, are you oblivious to how the ridonkulous amount there is in classic compared to vanilla? The same consumables and AH stuff would have been available on the AH, but the sheer absurd costs of them in classic is a direct result of the VAST amount of gold in the game with virtually no sinks.

So yeah, gold is useful, but a crazy bloated gold filled game just results in crazy bloated prices which necessitates that EVRY player has to have a pocket mage just to keep up.

It was clearly out of control, and (I believe) is exactly why the cap was implemented.

1 Like

Definitely aren’t. The problem is the option for those players to bang out a bunch of scholos on a weekend is gone. It’s not about ‘every day’ but we’ve already been over that plenty.

3 Likes

But those are meaningless in retail.

Well, your likely to see it when naxx comes out for all the people that ignored the rep and are now power farming for naxx.

Some guilds did this already, seeing as they have “run out” of things to do for their min max play style.

Only because retail has removed the value of consumables in comparison to vanilla.

You should just stop talking about retail dungeons at this point. You’re pretty far off how retail dungeon spam actually works atm.

Edit: both of you really.

3 Likes

And did you see that during vanilla? Can you not imagine that it is something that blizzard would frown upon?

:man_facepalming:

ONLY 10 hours?

Playing more than 10 hours on a weekend isn’t remotely abnormal. Let alone 10hrs on a day in general. Have you even heard of ranking?

6 Likes

And I do agree that changing the rule to 60/2 or 90/3 days would make sense.

Playing 10 hours? No. Running the same instance for 10 hours? Absolutely abnormal.

1 Like

Its not abnormal at all, especially in classic where the endgame has so little to do to begin with

I mean, I get it, you can’t focus on one thing until it’s finished, that doesn’t mean others can’t.

Yep, pretty much where that discussion leads.

1 Like

60/2 or 90/3 is something I support.
I just want the naysayers to acknowledge that dungeon spamming is damaging to the economy and likely part of the motivation for the change/cap.

1 Like

I agree that dungeons spamming inflates certain material markets and reduces the value of raw gold. Calling that outright damaging isn’t something I agree with.

Raw gold being worth less helps players who are dealing with flat costs assuming they participate in the material side of the market.

If you farm gold through raw gold sources, of course inflation sucks for you, but if you’re just selling plaguebloom or fish or something, you’re not harmed by it, even helped by it.

And I’ve said before I would very much like blizzard to come out and CLARIFY the intent of the change. It’s much harder to accept when they are so vague about it.

2 Likes

And I have said before that there is a reason they are vague, because the playerbase has individuals who lawyer the hell out of every statement they make. They have repeatedly expressed as much in the past 15 years. Being vague directly combats that silliness.

Well if the hassle of dealing with those players isn’t worth my peace of mind to blizzard, so be it. I certainly feel less valued for it though.

1 Like

Hit the instance limit cap for the first time today, not a good feeling. Please remove this decades old April fools joke from the live version of wow classic. Thanks.

9 Likes

Seems people have stopped blaming bots and how now judging players on how they spend their time. If we all agree it’s not actually stopping the bots then we’re all in agreement that it’s impacting actual players.

5 Likes