New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

That is an opinion I will whole-heartedly disagree with, in part because Blizzard has made changes multiple times without fully anticipating the negative consequences, and had to make later changes to try to mend things. (I remember one related to Personal Loot and transmog within the last couple years.)

There is nothing “PRECISE” about this limit. Unless the exploit was somehow specifically running 31+ dungeons in a 24-hour period, something that has never been explicitly stated, it is an arbitrary limit.

And don’t think I’m saying this because I run into it. I do play long hours sometimes. I’ve done 12+ hour gaming sessions on the weekend, even with 20-30 minute breaks here and there. I just prefer questing, so I’m unlikely to do more than a dungeon or two per hour I play.

One person who does run into this is a level 60 guildie. They enjoy offering runs of DM, Stocks, BFD, to low-level guildies. The 5 per hour limit wasn’t something they ran into a lot, just with the time to get everyone to a dungeon, but when they play on and off through the entire day, they easily hit the cap of 30. (They don’t raid, so at least that’s not impacted.)

Are we calling that exploitative gameplay now, because they’re affected by this?

4 Likes

Some people don’t seem to understand that the Lock begins from your first dungeon, then 24h after that dungeon.

You could start at 6PM, play 3h do 15 dungeons. Start again the next day in the morning at 9AM you can only play 3h, do 15 dungeons. From this point you can’t enter instances until 6PM. So if you had the day off or something, you can’t play the way you want, because you decided to play the previous evening.

9 Likes

It seems that doing so execessively, which blizzard has deemed more than 30 runs a day begins to become exploitative. Think about it like this, blizzard could have completely broken said behaviors, instead they’ve put a cap on how often they can be done.

2 Likes

And that’s what I’m questioning. Is it merely exploitative to run that many dungeons? Or is the exploitative gameplay they’re referring to something else, that just happens to be impacting other gameplay?

I believe it’s a false equivalency to state that 31 dungeons in a 24-hour period is exploitative, in and of itself, just because this is the solution Blizzard decided to implement.

3 Likes

I played about 5 hours Friday evening after work since I generally play on weekends, then shortly after waking up on Saturday hit the limit and suddenly can’t do anything for basically the entire day on a weekend.

If playing this game a lot on the weekend when I have the time means I’m an exploiter, I guess I’m an exploiter. This is the first time since I’ve started playing games I’ve been called a cheater for playing games on the weekend.

Blizzard right now is a joke, I’m paying them a premium sub, something I don’t have to do with just about any other game, in order to have my play time drastically cut when I have time to play simply because 15 years after the game came out they decided playing the game too much is an exploit.

15 Likes

Unreal. Blizzard is so lazy it makes me sick to my stomach. I wish I could have a job at Blizzard and save mankind.

12 Likes

Daily reminder that I am a legitimate player being affected by this trash change. Appreciate it.

20 Likes

Daily reminder that it’s ok to BOT 24 hours a day in PVP but not PVE.

13 Likes

This is the funniest thing about it all. People have the audacity to complain about others farming dungeons more than 30 times yet the entire honor system is being exploited so people can get the best gear in the game currently?? Bracket stacking while padding using players and bots? When we gonna address these as exploits i mean, they’re just abusing the ranking mechanic?

or we could just let people play how they want to play instead of policing them like some middle-aged woman (basically anything tauren female).

6 Likes

Dear Blizzard,

If you must keep this ridiculous change in, can I at least request you modify it slightly to actually be effective against bots instead of only targeting actual players?
The issue here is your completely unnecessary “per realm” qualifier that allows bots to continue running 24/7 on an account, while normal players who do not play on 4 realms are limited to 6 hours or less of speed runs/farms. You’re making on server alts count to the 30 total, so there is NO conceivable reason to exempt off server alts to the total, other than sending a signal to the botters you don’t want them to leave, and thus giving the rest of us who are against botters, a giant FU.

If you absolutely refuse to remove this ridiculous limit like you should, could you at least make it account wide, not realm wide so that you actually hinder the damn bots?

I have not hit the cap, nor probably come close, but I support people who do. The game encourages unreasonable grinding and excessive game play (high warlord anyone), and it’s not my place or yours to limit them. The idea that I have to worry about being locked out if I farm heavily is repugnant to me (and a consideration which I do not want to have to consider in game) and the fact there is an exemption to allow bots to farm as much as they want is a slap to the face that is really difficult to stomach.

3 Likes

Don’t negotiate. Demand it be removed entirely, because it’s a terrible change.

11 Likes

I know MVP’s are all absolute morons and boot lickers but do you actually think these classic bots are stolen accounts that they then just bot on. Theyre accounts made in other regions for cheap and they then bot the characters up in a group of 5 and away they go.

8 Likes

daily complaint post

8 Likes

3718 comments… Hopefully I can get an answer, oh mighty Blizzard gods…

Not that I’d go over 30 a day, but is their a way to check how many you are at in game?

2 Likes

Hay blizzard I heard bots don’t care about the cap, they just realm transfer onto another toon after hitting the cap.

Comment?

2 Likes

people were asking for an answer to the bot problem and this is the answer, so we want another answer as to why they picked 30? Or…

1 Like

I wanna know what they thought this would do vs the bots and why they went with a solution that was more restrictive than a 2006 April fool’s joke…

10 Likes

How is this an answer when the bots can still run 24/7 only forcing them to run 4 different realms now?
You think tweeking the bot code to log out and log in on a different character on a different once every 6 hours is that much of a problem for them? With 4 accounts (something they already use) they have full 24/7 coverage of all 4 realms just like before.

The fact this change thus only affects real players while effectively exempting bots is spitting in the face of the player base.

2 Likes

This is the most commented post in this forums entire history. Remove the damn cap already! The majority of players don’t want it as you can obviously tell by this thread. The only people defending this change are virtue signaling control freaks.

9 Likes

Blizzard will do what they always do when they have a mindset. Wait till subs plummet apologize and bring it back. But by then they will lose 25% of subs permanently. Just like when they told us we didnt want classic back mmmhmm ok blizzard.

6 Likes