New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

I approve of this new change. I’m seeing more groups and less boosts.

3 Likes

Considering that the average player probably plays less than a few hours a day… yes it is very believable that this affects <1% of the playerbase, maybe even just 0.1%.

I still don’t know anybody on my server that’s been affected by this and I’m on a High pop server.

2 Likes

Considering WoW classic isn’t tailored for casual players, it makes you wonder why it is only the casuals that praise this change…

If you don’t know anyone affected by this change, you don’t know many non-casual players then.

Maybe I should rephrase that: I have well over 100 days played. I know a lot of hardcore players that play 10+ hours a day.

And yet… I still don’t know anybody affected by this change.

1 Like

This is a horrible change. Just offer a wow token for classic and end the need for bots/ gold farmers all together. You created the game- you might as well make the money off of it. Also- implementing a solution when you have no tools in game (without having /wa’s) that communicates to the player their instance cap. Why isn’t 210 for the week, so if you play a lot on the weekend-you won’t likely hit the cap? Imagine being able to play the game you pay for…what a novel idea. This is beyond frustrating.

1 Like

Anecdotal evidence is just that though.

I spent one of my off days levelling my mage solo farming ZF GY and hit the cap in 6 hours. Still levelled from 44 to 51 so sure, hasn’t “truly” affected me other than slowing me down.

I too, have anecdotal evidence of players I know who locked themselves out the first day.

Then there’s a recent post on the general forum about a raiding priest who was affected by this.

So, do you want to keep bringing up people you know that weren’t affected just so I can bring up the same amount that we’re affected?

Tell me, has the price of nature res gone down on your server?

Again, the only thing this change ultimately does is force the non-casual to create more subscriptions for Blizz/Activision. It’s more money for them in the end regardless.

I would be more worried that since it costs more money for gold-farmers and instance runners to keep doing the same thing, they will post the items found at a higher price.

Okay, we can go back and forth with anecdotal evidence, but when Blizzard themselves say it’s a small number, that’s believable. That’s all I’m saying.

If blizzard were believable.

But they’re not. They have consistently done things to lose the trust of their playerbase/fanbase across all of their games and that’s a fact.

So when they do something to regain our trust, then I will believe whatever bullcrap their marketing team writes up in a blue post.

3 Likes

Actually, it’s even worse.

The joke at the time was 40 a day. We’re getting even worse treatment than we would have with the April Fool’s joke version.

7 Likes

Really? I thought it was less.

That’s even more hilarious though cause it means they found the joke, thought it was real enough to actually discuss how many instances would be appropriate and to implement the change.

What a literal bunch of monkeys.

I’ve stopped myself from hitting the 30 dungeon cap on purpose, so that I’m not locked in case a friend needs help. I’m sure many others are doing the same now with this limit.

You saying that “Blizzard said it’s a small number” may not make sense if everyone else is doing the same as to hit the cap and Blizzard metrics aren’t recording this fact.

Also, why are people even defending this? Blizzard is limiting the ability to play the way people want, and people come out to call out other people telling them that they need to do something else with their life, which really makes no sense. If it doesn’t affect you in any way don’t even express an opinion. Go have fun with the great life you claim to have, not everyone cares to live the way you do.

Also, has anyone not noticed what kind of playtime it takes to hit rank 14 and said something about that? Guess not, because this change doesn’t affect battlegrounds right? So is this change really about how much people want to play the game or about stopping bots?

I wish there were some real answers to my questions.

2 Likes

I post on the one that I am currently maining. The fury is gathering dust, even in prebis. Did you have a point with the “pOaSt oN uR 60!” garbage?

I wonder which “I quit” mage you are.

What are you running 30 times a day everyday?

Then you dont know any hardcore players.

1 Like

Yesterday morning I did about 5 Dead Mines, 6 Stockades and Shadowfang Keep 5 times and had to stop at about 2 in the afternoon. I’m trying to level a new paladin with my warrior friend. I got locked because the night before I had done LBRS, then a few Arena runs for my friend trying to get the chest and HoJ and at the end of that night some Strat and Scholo. That all added up to 30 I guess.

So this was about 4-5 hours of game play the night before and 4-5 hours of game play the next day in the morning til 2pm. So then I was locked and had to wait 8 hours until that night to be able to dungeons again. Very happy to have to wait 8 hours for my dungeons to unlock…

I guess that sounds like I’m breaking the game right?

-Noted trustworthy 1 day old level 10 sock puppet, “Recursion”

Why are so many of the complainers and faux repressed mage alts completely ignoring the huge issues with the game economies, both due to botting as well as unabated torrents of gold farming?

I defend it because I am sick of everything being priced as though every player has a pocket mage spamming dungeons 24/7. I defend it because that 24/7 mage farming effects every single player in the game.I defend it because I am sick of the LFG channel filled with paid boosting, which is completely backward compared to the spirit of vanilla.

Want to run an endless number of dungeons to simply amass gold? Go play single player Diablo. That small % that are effected are just as bad for the multiplayer aspect of the game as bots are.

Still haven’t quit lol.

As I posted somewhere else, I still went from 44 to 51 after the instance cap changes running solo ZF GY.

I still find the change stupid as it does nothing against what they claimed.

Blind leading the blind yall