New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

Maybe 30+ minutes for the average group, but a BiS geared group can burn through it way faster.

I remember being run through it by high level/geared friends, and I think that took at least 15 back in the day. It takes about 5 to walk from the beginning to the end, if everything is cleared. Any leveling groups who can clear that instance fast won’t be benefiting from the XP, and will have moved on.

Seriously… people are crying about something that won’t impact them.

It definitely doesn’t take 5 minutes to go from the start to end if it’s cleared, but we’re so massively better than we were at the time it’s unreal. I guarantee it won’t take 30 minutes to do Ramps in these groups.

1 Like

Garbage update.

4 Likes

Okay, let’s nuke the Europeans. Won’t affect you, so you’re okay with it, right?

2 Likes

Although these changes could be seen as a step in the right direction by many, I personally believe this was hastily pushed without properly considering all implications this might have on all players in the long run.

They implemented a 24H lockout on all 5-20man instances without any way for players to keep track of it. Worst, add-ons that do keep track of those appear very buggy at best and only keep partial records of all instances done in the last 24hours. This, to me, seems to indicate that there are discrepancies between our understanding of the lockout system and what’s actually deployed in-game; why not allow us to view our account lockout stats?

Also, the reasoning behind the change and what it is actually doing is somewhat confusing. They say it was to “reduce exploitative and automated gameplay” and, although it can make sense for the exploitative part (more on this in a moment), it does nothing to reduce automated gameplay.

Many of these instance runners (or boosters) are actual players; have you seen the 1-pull Cath/Arms, Mara, ZF and ZG videos on Youtube? No way this can be scripted/automated with the average bot found online and even with current research in AI, I doubt we are even at the point we can design such a bot. Too much freaking RNG anyways… If bots are farming instances (Strat, etc), I doubt that they do so quickly and efficiently enough to be affected by the lockout but hey, I might be wrong.

We now know that this does nothing against bots or automated gameplay so this leaves “exploitative gameplay”. Sure, we can say that a lvl 60 mage finding a way to keep a group of mobs running between 2 points while blizzarding them is an “exploit” while others will argue it’s just “how Vanilla WoW was” (which is true, those runs aren’t new - there’s just a lot more players of a higher skill level now than back then). For the sake of argument though, let’s just say it’s exploitative. So, what are the consequences of this exploit? Two main ones: level boosting and gold farming.

For level boosting, I don’t think too much explanation is needed and almost everyone will be on the same page. 30 instances is perfectly reasonable.

Gold farming? Again, it’s a hit and miss. 30 instances a day does not really stop gold farmers from farming 30 instances a day + making gold from it anyways and it does literally nothing against those who have multiple accounts. It may help slow the economy down a bit but even then, that’s a stretch.

All things considered, the only thing this is really doing is reducing the speed at which these gold farmers and instance runners can now boost their 2nd, 3rd, fourth, etc, multi-boxed mages to max level. Oh and incite boosters to go back to more lucrative instance farming (ZG, Strat, etc) as gold source instead of selling lower level instance exp runs.

I seriously doubt that it will do a single thing to lower the price of nature res gear on your server if that’s what people were hoping for, lol…

4 Likes

I unsubbed my main account, and 23 alt accounts.

1 Like

Why did you have 23 alt accounts?

1 Like

BAN those gdkp raid leader (Chinese bots and gold sellers) after raid, ban all the gold…
problem solved.

1 Like

To me it’s not about the 30 instance cap because lets be real, most players will have a difficult time doing 30 instances a day rather its a proof of them being tone deaf and out of touch with their community and what is actually happening in Classic to think that this change will impact the botting issues is laughable.

5 Likes

this is like AV 1.12 guys, they aren’t backing off this one.

1 Like

30 runs per day affects regular players more than bots. A lot of people in my guild only play on weekend including me. 30 is not enough for our main and alt. I think a weekly limit is better for regular players and more flexiable.

2 Likes

This forum makes me feel like i must be the only mage in classic that doesn’t boost or aoe farm

#istillcantinstance

2 Likes

Then why put in a change that solely targets and punishes legitimate players, and does nothing about bots? As has been explained many times, the work around for bots is extremely simple and they can still farm instances 24/7 with a single account.

Blizz’s reputation is suffering not because of bots, but because of their inaction. If people believe they are money grubbing and lazy it’s because they’ve done nothing to prove otherwise.

WCIII Refunded being a shoddy tribute to one of the greatest RTS games of all time, where they deliberately lied and even showed false footage to support their lies about everything being remade, about far more engaging cutscenes such as the dynamic one of the famous Strat argument between Arthas and Uther.

Diablo Immoral showed their massive ignorance of the playerbase’s wants.

Overwatch quickly became one of the most predatory gambling games of the time, often hailed not as the game that created gambling boxes but one of the top ones that popularized and brought it to mainstream. Destiny 2’s reverse ‘bad luck protection’ perhaps is the most nefarious and vile thing I’ve ever seen a major video game company try to get away with.

You and Blizz need to understand that people don’t just mistrust Blizz on a whim here, this is years of numerous clear and obvious reasons to mistrust them being given, and ‘they said so so just trust them’ simply isn’t good enough, actions have to be visible to earn trust right now.

If they want people to believe they’re doing something about bots then we need to be seeing bots, especially the obvious ones that flaunt it openly in the world or fill dungeons by the hundreds with gibberish names, ones a regular person could identify for investigation within minutes of logging on- being noticeably reduced.

And doing a ban wave every half year just doesn’t cut it.

5 Likes

awful change

4 Likes

Raids are not affected by the lockout. So DMT/UBRS is most likely the only thing affected in your list. Ubers is a raid so it shouldn’t count either but according to their language only 40 mans are excluded.

Yes…raids are affected as well…re-read it.

They hotfixed it to remove raids from the list.

Rekt.

Botting has only increased in my server since this change. I main a low pop server and before this change I never saw more then 1 bot a week and never had anyone in LFG chat spamming the same macro for zg runs that they all spam.

I’m not sure if more targeted my server after the banwave, or if they just started having to spend 6 hours botting in my server to meet their quota with the new 30 instance cap. Whatever the case it’s horrible and shows how ineffective this change is. In fact may be evidence of it actually increasing botting.

1 Like