New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

We say actiblizzard because let be serious that were the beginning of the end started.

Blizzard Entertainment
                             1991  -  2008
9 Likes

THis is so sad, I can’t believe Actiblizzard did this

Same i started to play this game when i was a kid and now seeing it getting scrap like that is sad.

1 Like

This is what they want you to believe. Our Blizzard would never have made changes like these.

3 Likes

Yeah the blizzard who made vanilla WoW would never restrict how often you can run a dungeon, oh wait…

Our Blizzard would only joke about implementing changes like this. On like April fools day or something

2 Likes

Not your raid. Not your problem.

Yeah the blizzard who made vanilla WoW would never restrict how often you can run a dungeon, oh wait…

The Blizzard who made Vanilla WoW knew very well how to impose reasonable restrictions. Those restrictions were implemented during the lifespan of Vanilla.

And covered activity that was occuring at the time. As player behavior has changed over time the response also needs to change :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just curious Ziryus, you gonna be here to eat crow when they revert it?

1 Like

Blizzard released a trading card game with rare loot cards you could use to redeem items in game. They released this card game in 2006.

That was the first iteration of loot boxes in an MMO.

1 Like

If the player behaviors behind boosting, instance farming, etc are the problem, which Blizzard really hasn’t come out and said explicitly, then why are they just limiting people to this 30 times a day. Don’t you think there might just be a better way to handle and communicate their intentions?

1 Like

Blizzard released a trading card game with rare loot cards you could use to redeem items in game. They released this card game in 2006.

Yeah, that would be cool to have now too.

That was the first iteration of loot boxes in an MMO.

Do you have a problem with loot boxes?

The extremely popular narrative from this community is that Activision’s supposed involvement is what led us to things like store mounts and loot boxes in other Blizzard games.

Blizzard was experimenting with making a quick buck long before Activision. When something is a financial success, it only stands to reason that Blizzard would have iterated on it further.

Activision has no involvement, just like the dozens of Blue posts over the years have said.

The extremely popular narrative from this community is that Activision’s supposed involvement is what led us to things like store mounts and loot boxes in other Blizzard games.

What does this have to do with Actiblizzard’s tampering with Classic? Please explain how this is relevant to the ruinous thirty-per-day cap on instances.

Blizzard was experimenting with making a quick buck long before Activision. When something is a financial success, it only stands to reason that Blizzard would have iterated on it further.

Making a quick buck and ignoring community feedback are two different things. No one gets mad at a corporation for making a quick buck. People get mad at corporations for maximizing profits while attempting to the exploit their customers via broken promises.

Activision has no involvement, just like the dozens of Blue posts over the years have said.

You do realize that those same Blue posts come from Actiblizzard employees?

In general and not just on this topic I think communication has been extremely poor, it’s basically drive by CMing. And not adding an easy way to see your instance lockout count is definitely problematic for some people.

However as for the change itself if the intent is too curb those behaviors in addition to hurting bots I think in and of itself it’s fine.

I figured you weren’t posting in good faith a while back, this just confirms it. You can go back in time using the Blue tracker on mmo-champ and see the exact same complaints about communication and feedback.

You can see the same complaints about everything to do with Blizzard.

1 Like

I am so furious with this unwelcome change. I accepted the layering, I accepted the lotus spawn change, and all the other minor stuff that was tweaked. I do have some reasonableness. We all do. But now You’ve gone too far, Blizzard. There is a line, and you crossed it. I hate the fact that I’m here on the forums whining and complaining, and the fact that I cancelled my subscription, but if we don’t stick up for the 1 percent of players, then nothing will stop Blizzard from ruining even more player’s experiences…

7 Likes