New ingame Quest paves way for Visage form choice

There’s a new quest in 10.2.7 in which we accompany Emberthal in choosing a visage form.
This should finally prove to all nay-sayers that Evokers can actually pick a visage of their choosing and hopefully will pave the way for player Evokers to be able to choose which race they want their visage to be.

5 Likes

I mean they can decide aspects of their appearance like their hair and face and skin color, but i still think they’re canonically locked into “non-descript humanoid with draconic features”.

Also the quest ends with her deciding she doesn’t need one so i don’t think this quest is making the point you want it to.

They probably could get some more options for non-human skin colors in the future. Maybe even a couple more models to choose from to match up with the 4 body types the dracthyr form has (like belf female and human male to match body types 1 and 4, while the human female and belf male model are kind of like 2 and 3)

I don’t see em opening up all of the races to pick from any time soon, though.

1 Like

The vast majority of people that have discussed this on the forums have asked for and/or have no issues with visage form being any race. In short, your “all nay-sayers” can be counted on one hand…

First, there is no canon that stated dracthyr need to be humanoid, which ironically by definition, every race in the game is humanoid, other than humans. Second, lore is meaningless when you have Tauren rogues and Lightforged warlocks.

3 Likes

Was this just data mined? Would be incredible if that’s what they’re doing.

1 Like

Right after you activate your visage for the first time after the starting area. Wrathion/Ebyssian will remark on how yours is strange and limited compared to a dragon. Combined with the fact that you know… there isn’t a single dracthyr npc out there who uses another race as a visage, because it’s heavily implied that they can’t.

I hate when people say this because it means they really don’t give a damn about the game and want to drive it down more with more retcons and contradictions. Yeah lightforged warlock doesn’t make sense, doesn’t mean everything else is out the window now.

No, not every race is a humanoid.

Which race are you asserting isn’t humanoid based on this cringe dictionary definition drop?

2 Likes

Tauren (+HMT), pandaren, vulpera, and dracthyr. Draenei possibly fall outside of this definition on account of their digitigrade legs, hooves, horns/crests, and tendrils.

Humanoid as a term is generally used to describe non-humans that look mostly human. IE: Elves, dwarves, gnomes. The above is what is generally described as Anthropomorphic (or demi-human if you rather), which while similar to humanoid in definition, generally refers to beings that are more non-human than human in physical appearance.

Anyway, this isn’t the part of my post that mattered at all, i dropped the dictionary definition because they decided to knitpick the specific word i used, ignoring the context of it, which added nothing to the dicusssion.

This post also adds nothing to the conversation so i’m not going to respond to further knitpicking on my use of the word “humanoid” in my first post. Because it really doesn’t matter, you all knew what i meant.

You can hate it all you want, but devs can’t stand on lore when they completely ignore it. Frankly, it’s a 20 year old game, there is no point to limit things anymore.

Name the race that doesn’t have humanoid features… arms, legs., a head and face… go on, I’ll wait.

On second thought, I’ll just laugh at the lengths you’re going to try and claim elves and dwarves aren’t humanoid. You’re about as sharp as a bag of donuts.

2 Likes

I like to care about a beloved fantasy setting and the rules established therein. Even if the current writers do not.

You didn’t…read my post, but again. This was not the part of my original post that even mattered. But you know what, go ahead willfully misinterpreting my posts and knitpicking the use of one word. I’m the one who’s dull here.

No, it’s used to describe a non-human that shares similar features, i.e. bipedal, arms, legs, etc.

Things like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are by definition humanoid, since you like definitions so much. And a man-turtle is not different in this scenario than a man-cow, man-fox, or man-lizard.

Just admit that you didn’t know what humanoid meant (despite googling its definition) and move on.

3 Likes

Ya’ll aren’t moving on. I said “dracthyr are a race of non-descript humanoids” and y’all are throwing a fit lmao

Telling you you’re wrong when you try to pull some high school debate Miriam Webster nonsense isn’t a “fit”.

It’s just pointing out you’re wrong.

2 Likes

It’s not even what my post was about lol. You’re just hanging onto that word even though it wasn’t the topic of my post. Go touch some grass

And yet you quoted a dictionary, lol (and were still wrong).

1 Like

Because i’m annoyed when people play the semantics minigame like we’re doing right now

You literally quoted a dictionary to try to argue semantics.

You just weren’t right, despite that.

2 Likes

You know what this thread isn’t about? This! I’m done dude, go fume in a corner over semantics.

Also i wasn’t wrong. I’d ask you to point out where it was wrong since you have neglected to do so but i’m checking out of this thread since you and the other guy derailed it all to hell instead of discussing what the OP was actually talking about.

You’re the only one doing this, buddy.

These are all humanoid races. Hence, you’re wrong. Scurry along, now.

2 Likes

The reason for this is simply because Dracthyr lack the necessary practice. Even the aspects themselves when they began to create their visage forms did not have them perfectly

1 Like

Quest spoiler below.

Except she doesn’t pick a visage at all, so it doesn’t actually prove anything

1 Like