New in-game book "Progress Report: Uldorus"

A new in-game coming in the prepatch is “Progress Report: Uldorus” from the Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr dungeon.

It the book contains the following:

Brother Loken,

As you requested, I offer the following report on the progress toward our objectives.

I am pleased to say that the Halls of Infusion are now operational. Though the work of imbuing Order magic into the wellspring is only beginning, I remain optimistic that the process will prove effective.

Already we are detecting reduced levels of contamination. I hope your investigation into how Yogg-Saron compromised these living waters will yield answers.

In the meantime, we can be assured that the evolution of another Galakrond will not be triggered by consuming unfiltered water.

Once purification is complete, an additional benefit will be found in offering the infused water to dragonkind.

By ingesting the water (or causing their eggs to absorb its effects), it should be possible to keep even the most willful dragons aligned with the titans’ philosophies.

Our efforts to bring the proto-dragons in line have faced resistance, but I am formulating a strategy to speed the process along.

Construction of the facility atop the Halls of Infusion is proceeding apace.

Though the station is to be designated Uldorus, I must reluctantly report that the dragons have taken to calling the structure by the name Tyrhold.

I will do my best to ensure our titan-forged workforce does not also adopt this embarrassing pseudonym. But as of late, they seem to be expressing more and more opinions of their own.

In closing, let me underscore once again how fervently I disagree with the assertions of Prime Designate Odyn concerning the unsuitability of the Dragon Aspects.

I have every confidence that they will prove fervent allies on our shared goals of keeping the world structured and disciplined.

Ever your friend,

Keeper Tyr

I for one am intrigued that Galakrond’s corruption came from drinking some sort of unfiltered water. I wonder what was contained within said water…

15 Likes

I am kind of disappointed.

Uldorus was mentioned in BfA. I thought it would be a Titan facility near Antorus, on Argus. I figured Uldorus would be a link to primordial Argus.

Uld + orus. Uld is the prefix for alot of Titan stuff. “orus” sounds like Antorus.

Now, it appears to be Tyr’s hold. That is one mystery solved. I guess I set my expectations out of this world.

Omg yes! This is meaty! This is the most hyped I’ve been for anything in DF so far!

2 Likes

That actually sounds pretty bad for anyone who was hoping the titans would remain relatively neutral in the whole cosmic war/potentially our allies.

I’m not liking the whole “our titan work forces should not be expressing opinions”.

3 Likes
  • Uldorus, mentioned in BfA is Tyrhold in the Dragon Isles.

• Galakrond was corrupted by drinking unfiltered water.

• This letter was written by Tyr to Loken. This confirms it was his fault that Galakrond was corrupted, as was speculated earlier.

• Tyr was a brainwashed authoritarian who hates free will, similar to Algalon, and Xe’ra I speculate the theme of evil titans will be explored more

Where did you get this, OP?

2 Likes

So what I am gathering here is the Titans didn’t know what to do with the hole they ripped into the crust by pulling out Y’shaarj so they just pumped it full of Order Magic, which is true, this created the Well of Eternity. The suggestion that Yogg-Saron had corrupted the Well of Eternity at one point could explain the evolution of Dark Trolls, it wasn’t Elune who they were hearing, it was the whispers of an Old God. (Which makes Night Elf lore essentially built on a lie.)

It seems like Galakrond was created because he drank too much of the water from the Well of Eternity when it was still corrupted by Yogg-Saron, which explains why Galakrond was always described as having features akin to Old God corruption. The Necrotic Affliction is something that was the direct result of Yogg-Saron.

The Titans also used the Well of Eternity to brainwash the primordial dragons and force their evolution, and keep them slaves to the Titans for the sole purpose of keeping Titanic Order.

This validates every theory I’ve ever had about Yogg-Saron influencing Galakrond. I like this turn of events. Though it does paint Tyr in a much darker light than I would have hoped. He seems to be just as bad as Odyn. I remember in WoLK when Afrasabi teased that Tyr was supposed to be one of the corrupted Watchers in Ulduar, but that never happened. He’s hinted as being hiding in plain sight in Dawn of the Aspects.

6 Likes

Halls of Infusion are connected to Azeroth’s Blood.

They are the Antorus of Azeroth linked directly to the World Soul I dare say.

That means that Tyr dug a hole in the Dragon Isles opening a Wellspring of Arcane Energy(to serve as an Antorus to Azeroth) then when it corrupted Galakrond with Yogg-Saron’s Necromantic Death Magic they decided to purify it with Order Magic.

Seems the Arcane of Azeroth is not Order-infused. It’s probably Void-corrupted(explaining why Voidwalkers and Voidlords make note of the closeness of the Void in Suramar when summoned).

1 Like

That was pretty much said out loud in BFA when she was called “an unholy Syzygy of Light and Shadow,” and again in Shadowlands when Choofa accidentally calls her Azathoth, in the Ardenweld play.

Azeroth is not of Titan origin.

I was, for entertainment purposes, rereading the epilogue of Arthas: Rise of the Lich King for WoLK hype and the following feels very revealing: Let me know if you see what I see. These are Ner’zul’s truesight visions of the future post WoLK.

…Something was rolling just beneath the ocean’s surface. The hitherto-smooth surface began to churn wildly, as if from a storm, although the day was clear. A horrible sound Arthas only dimly recognized as laughter assaulted his ears along with the screaming of a world wrenched from it’s proper place, hauled upward to face the light of day it had not seen in uncounted centuries.

Arthas foresaw the rise of N’Zoth and the plight of Azeroth in Battle for Azeroth.

3 Likes

Wow, this is… genuinely interesting.

I truly missed the vibe of the Titan stuff pre-BFA.

In fact this alteration of the water might explain why the Proto-dragons of Galakrond’s time were sentient, and no others have been since.

2 Likes

She is probably a First One.

3 Likes

That’s a good hypothesis.

The way the orgin of the Emerald Dream is laid out, I think she’s actually dreaming up our reality. not unlike the hindu concept of Perusha. There’s one truth and one lie in the origin of the Emerald Dream. One tale is that Freya, created the dream out of nothing and used it to shape Azeroth, which is a beautiful Titan lie. The truth on the other hand is that Freya accidentally stumbled on the Emerald Dream and it’s connection to Azeroth and manipulated it to change the reality of Azeroth to one that fits the Titans Authoritarian Order.

There’s an Old God whisper that is tied to this “The Vassal of Life disguises treachery.” A vassal is defined as a holder of land by feudal tenure on conditions of homage and allegiance. Freya is not telling the truth, she’s holding a secret about the truth of the Emerald Dream.

2 Likes

I’m not thrilled about Tyr being in a darker light either and Afrasiabi hinted that Tyr had actually been transformed into General Vezax before it was shot down in the Cdev.

5 Likes

At the very least is seems like it’s something that was on the table, but they instead decided to put Tyr on the back burner to possibly bring him back one day. Seems like that day is getting closer and closer. Now there have been some strange characters who could have been Tyr. There’s Travard, who appears to be centuries old, as old as the Silver Hand itself, loyal only to Tyr.

And I always suspected Revil Kost to be an anagram but that hasn’t revealed itself as anything yet. A mysterious and powerful Light weilder who just happens to be a priest but wields a hammer like a paladin and is in the right place at the right time, most of the time to thwart the Shadow.

2 Likes

Archaedas found a corpse though I dare say that doesn’t mean much.

The Chronicle is all “Lo and behold he was dead” which isn’t actual confirmation of death but confirmation that the Characters stumbled upon what they thought was Tyr’s corpse.

If you look at the context of what is in the Chronicle you can discover when the Narrator is talking from someone else’s Point of View despite remaining in the Third Person.

1 Like

Archaedas was the only one of the Titan Contructs who knew the true location of The Chamber of the Heart, but he was also given the corrupted Disks of Norgannon to mislead.

One thing revealed from one of the true uncorrupted disks of Norgannon, found in the Storm Peaks, was that corrupted Mimiron was using Iron infused saronite to build titan structures using the Old God’s blood. One of those structures was Icecrown Citadel. Yogg-Saron built ICC. Can’t wait for players replaying Classic WoLK to get to Storm Peaks lore again.

WoLK lore is some of my favorite lore. I can’t wait for Exploring Azeroth Northrend. Ithink there will be some juicy lore and foreshadowing for Dragonflight, especially with this new knowledge. It’s not a coincidence WoLK Classic is being co-released with Dragonflight, this is intentional. They want us to be familiar with WoLK lore going into Dragonflight. I think my theory that Battle For Azeroth, Shadowlands and Dragonflight are three acts to the same story, one that heralds the return of Yogg-Saron, is cloer than ever to being canon.

The Disks said no such thing! I played through the Quests and they mentioned nothing of that!

Saronite was used by the Scourge to make their architecture.

The Nathrezim created Icecrown even before then!

Icecrown was created so that the Jailer could siphon the World Soul enough so that his Paladin infiltrator could steal the Archon’s Sigil with Argus’s demise shutting down the flow of Souls so that Zovaal could use them to empower the Sepulcher to unmake all creation and rebuild it to his will.

Of course Arthas’s Body being immune to being Dominated to follow Orders(though not to being Dominated to reject it’s own Soul) derailed that forcing him to use the redirected flow of Souls to claim the Archon’s Sigil and the Soul of Azeroth to unmake creation.

Chronicle makes it clear that it was Ulduar’s Disks of Norgannon that were faked not Uldaman’s!

BfA of course still makes it clear that Archaedas did his own things that none of the other Titan Keepers knew about which is the same that could be said about all of the Titan Keepers!

4 Likes

Then what do you make of this then?

https://imgur.com/a/jSIRgAU

this compaired with the Alliance Pit of Saron quest where it specifically says ICC is ancient and built with the blood of Yogg-Saron. Is enough evidence for me, we have the classified known only to Loken secret that he was building a giant fortress out of Saronite (the only structure that meets that description is ICC) and we have the ore used which is confirmed to be the purest saronite found deep underground, masterminded by Yogg-Saron himself.

Due to the presence of Saronite the Scourge are said to keep repeating the same word in horror “Yogg-Saron.” There’s a very strong connection between Yogg-Saron and the Scourge. Potentially stronger than the Lich King and the Jailer.

I stumbled on this a while ago before Shadowlands launched but in the Shadowlands cinematic trailer Sylvanas says something really interesting, to the point where I thought Yogg-Saron would be the BBG of Shadowlands. They really used Sylvanas as a narrative tool in this trailer. She says, “Icecrown… a monument to our suffering [the Scourge] The veil between Life and Death. Where a usurper sits on a frozen throne. But no king rules forever.

It’s interesting that she would say “No King rules forever.” In the brain of Yogg-Saron when we fight him, if you get the Lich King scenario it shows Arthas as the Lick King subjugating Bolvar and Yogg-Saron’s voiceover says “You will learn no King rules forever only Death is eternal.

Why would Sylvanas beat the crap out of Bolvar and say something only Yogg-Saron would say in the Shadowlands trailer? That and because Shadowlands also mirrored the defeat and death of Arthas has throwback WoLK vibes, it’s not a coincidence, these are deliberate narrative tools of foreshadowing.

You are talking about the Iron Dwarves of Loken who are created from Saronite and were built recently around the start of Wrath of the Lich King.

Loken was already corrupted by Yogg-Saron when he created the Iron Dwarves who were instructed to bury all Titan history in Northrend and aid Yogg-Saron in overthrowing a Pantheon.

Which Pantheon is unknown yet surely Yogg-Saron was not so naive to think he could overthrow walking Planets and instead focused on that pesky Jailer seeking to ruin the Infinite Truths of the Void with his obsessive desire to unite the Cosmos under one Banner to defeat an unknown threat.

Y’Shaarj was one-shot by Aman’Thul just grabbing him so how would Yogg-Saron fare any better. Clearly Yogg-Saron’s focus was on the Pantheon of Death(fitting considering he called himself the God of Death).

Seems everyone wanted a go at the Shadowlands only to fail during WotLK:

Zovaal wanted to use the World Soul to take care of the Archon & other Pantheon of Death leaders and rule the Shadowlands while having the Nathrezim kill Argus at the right moment, Arthas wanted to do the same thing and Yogg-Saron it seems(judging from Loken’s dialogue) also wanted to do the same thing!

Only the Drakkari and Blue Dragonflight had no up and coming plan to take over the Shadowlands during WotLK! That’s probably because they knew nothing about it otherwise they would have probably been doing the same thing.

I have looked at the Pit of Saron Quests and they mention no such thing! They never mention anything about Icecrown Citadel being ancient!

And where do you have proof of this classified info of Loken as I only see info about the armor of Iron Dwarves’ nature being classified.

7 Likes

No I am not. The image I linked clearly says those contrusts were built to build a fortress out of saronite. The constructs is just a sub narrative. This is why Afrasabi and the other devs said their biggest failure of WoLK was not building up Yogg-saron enough as a BIG lore player.

He’s behind the corruption of Arthas too, not Ner’zul. Ner’zul was just a vehicle Yogg-saron used to get into Arthas’ head. Arthas pictures himself in his dreams as a sickly child infected with the necrotic affliction. An OLd God minion slumbered beneath Tirisfall whispering to the Menethil kings. Arthas was doomed since birth. Groomed by an Old God.

I looked and I can’t find any evidence to back this up. So can I get your source?

No he didn’t. The Nathrezim and the Scourge built Icecrown Citadel, which is further enforced by the fact that Zovaal used the Forge of Souls within the Citadel to drain Azeroth’s world soul into Sepulcher of the First Ones.

Like wise.

I know I get excited when my theories could be proven true, but it’s also a good idea to temper oneself. Because otherwise you make leaps and connections that you see because you want to see them over them being there. I’ve done it myself at times and so have plenty of other people.

Furthermore the biggest problem with any of the Old Gods pulling strings behind things is that Blizzard established at the end of BfA that Azeroth was free of the Old Gods. Granted they have repeated stories like the Horde civil war from Mists and BfA, but making that declaration and then going “No, that wasn’t true, but now Azeroth is truly free of the Old Gods” at the end of Dragonflight or another other new expansion is a rather cheap storyline.

7 Likes