New human, dwarf, tauren, goblin, and gnome customizations

okay so… the face-shapes for humans, i don’t really see much of a difference. i’m thinkin it’s the jaw, but i’m not sure. still, get’s a thumbs-up from me. :+1:

the male dwarf appearances… are terrifying without their beards. but other than that… not much to say. probably not gonna pick any of these, but they’re very wildhammery, and i like that. more options are good options. :+1:

female dwarves, love the new haircuts, the earrings/feathers are ehhh… okay imo. the nose-ring option makes sense to me, i mean… if dark-irons can, why not them?
:+1:

tauren… both males and females, love the new paints/fur-patterns. probably gonna use’em on my tauren. only wish they had the shaggy-arms like the highmountain, but other than that, fantastic work blizzard! give those artists an extra 5 bucks!

goblins… first the men, love the new haircuts, love the new eye-colours, the new ears are unnecessary, but love them too, the noses… not for me. remind me of the grinch. eitherway, great work blizz!

goblin women however… first, just like the men, the new noses i don’t care for. new ears for them feel unnecessary too, but more options are good for both. the new haircuts… holy smokes, the new haircuts are PERFECT. just… just PERFECT. can’t say it any other way, they’re cute, and business casual. love it! give those artists another 10 bucks!
:+1: :heart:

now the gnomes. first, lemmie just say, i’m not a fan of male gnomes. people who play them are fine, but they’re just… not my cup of tea, let’s get that outta the way. but! i will say, i like the new 'stache and beard options… reminds me of the dwarves from the hand-drawn hobbit movie. atleast the beards do.

now for the lady gnomes. i’m just gonna say it, those are some big haircuts… and one that’s literally sailor mini-moon. also, the earrings are nice.

all in all, love the progress, keep up the great work blizzard!
:smiley:

also, sorry if these are little old-ish, i have’nt checked WoWhead in a few days.

edit: forgot the new undead eye-colours. glad about the glowless look, the rest are ‘meh’ to me.

2 Likes

I like them, too.

I’m very happy with the Dwarf & Tauren changes…Now update their totems

I am looking forward to more and more options/previews coming out. They said earlier they wanted everyone to have about the same amount of new options and that BE had 40+ so some of these, like Tauren, have a lot more in the works!

Unless they go back what on they said and give everything to already over-saturated races… but I trust them :heart:

I love the first gnome girl hairstyle. That explosive bedhead, so cute! As always gnomes are the best. Really like the blonde tauren too.

So far the customizations are all great, looking forward to see what rolls out in the next wave. :slight_smile:

1 Like

about the same? 40+??? holy smokes!!

That’s what I heard, but honestly It maybe a case of “telephone” because I can’t find the source on those numbers now for you… It was back from Blizzcon but without a solid source now I’m not 100% confident.

Though I still am confident saying more are on the way~

dude the tauren tats are sick

still holding out for the grimtotem ones though, hopefully they add them in the future

1 Like

ahh… well, here’s hopin for more goodness! …and more eye-customizations for all races. gimmie a reason to use my eyepatches!

1 Like

Dwarf Customization is full now thanks to the Wildhammer Dwarf Options. Now we just gotta wait for more options like the Ones in Warcraft 3 and of course the Frostborn Dwarves too.

Are there still only four F/five M face choices? Couldn’t get the site to load past my junk blockers :thinking:

When I first decided to roll a shaman, I agonized for days over whether to make it a tauren or a HM tauren, and I ultimately chose the latter.

I chose wrong! :sob:

(Have to make room in my character slots to squeeze in a tauren now.)

Yes, no new faces or horn/hairstyles yet.

They seem to be rolling stuff out in smaller bite sized batches~

1 Like

ETA: thank you for the reply, and I commend your faith. But I’ve been crusading since WoD beta and what they’ve done so far compared to other races (who already have more options than Tauren) does not inspire hope.

Oh jaysus. They’re going to phone it in again for Tauren. Nothing but skin/paint so far, no 3D work at all.

For the race with 4 face options and like 5 hairstyles.

For the last 15 years.

PROVE ME WRONG, BLIZZARD :woman_facepalming: :disappointed_relieved:

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

You can be the cynical side to my optimism~

You certainly aren’t wrong and I was worried when Tauren were one of the last races to get a SL customization preview rolling out… still am concerned tbh, but I’ll give them a bit to roll out the next previews before I grump.

1 Like

There cool…
Now update male human running animations and add the skinny Kultiran human models and we’re good to go

Face shape option 2 seems suited for African faces and face shape option 2 seems to be suited for Asian faces. It’s a pretty cool option, though I do feel like humans could use eye shape options as well. I think nose shape options would also be welcome.

One area where I think the new human customization options could use improvements is the implementation of scarred face options.

Right now, scars for humans are locked to very specific face and skin color combinations and at the moment there are no scarred face options for the old skin tone options.

I think that they should add more scarred face options for each set of skin tones over time or otherwise separate scars from faces and make scars their own category.

At baseline, they should have scar over right eye, scar over left eye, and scar across both eyes for each set of skin tones, as well as a variety of other scar placements.

I don’t think every set of skin tones necessarily needs to get the exact same scar options, but I think that they should at least try and convey similar face type ideas across each set of skin tone options a little better than what they currently have on the alpha.

Right now it just seems a little random as to how face options translate across different sets of skin tones, and there’s also the problem of the issue potentially exploding into toxic discussions as well.

Discussions of scarred face options devolving into toxic arguments is something that we don’t need, so I hope that the devs make sure that each and every set of skin tones gets scarred face options.

I like what I see so far with tauren additions and I know that this is just alpha but is it possible for tauren to get some accessory options? Tribal cultures wore jewelry too, just made from wood, feathers, and other materials that were cheap and easy to come by unlike deep in the earth gemstones.

2 Likes