New hairstyles (African, African American, and Black)

Hi,

African and Black Hairstyles for all races.
especially Kul Tiran, gnomes, and dwarves.

I read some of the customizable ideas over on the community council pages. but didn’t know how to reply.

Some of their ideas seemed neat but I did not read all of it. basically, I do not know if this important attribute to a game is included in it.

Humans have some hairstyles, i just think it would be neat and very important if all races had them.

plus, i don’t know why Blizzard wouldn’t want to include people with more than just black skin tones and the human hairstyles.

i don’t want to “run-on” with my post because i think it will dissuade people from reading or blizzard from seeing the issue with this.

Additionally, i read a post about more customizable options including more tattoos and class specific qualities.
I think this would be cool, but to do this instead with item slot items in your ‘character screen’ in-game.
If you did something where you do “rune-markings” or tattoos to a character and sacrifice armor for more stats - like rings and amulets - this could be a fun attribute to the game. playing a warrior with minimal armor but have more strength stats with ‘secondary’ stats like crit and haste.

anyway, just do the hairstyles, please. Africans, African Americans, and people with black skin tones probably would like the game more if they were able to fantasize a bit more with the role-playing involved in making a new ‘toon’.

32 Likes

Please also unlock faces from hairstyles and skin colors. It’s pretty frustrating.

30 Likes

It would also be nice if Female Taurens had more determined and serious face options like they had before the new models were introduced. Not a big fan of the open-mouth “duh” faces they currently have :frowning:

15 Likes

My post got bumped down… so, I don’t think people will see it anymore… :frowning: hope blizzard noticed.

4 Likes

“I think it’s a great idea. I would love to have better hair options for my forsaken.”
/smile

5 Likes

Also, another idea.
In Warcraft 2 and 3… there were skeleton orcs.
I want to keep the current Undead race appearance, but… i think that you should also choose which race to be an undead as.
- undead tauren, goblin, orc, kul tiran. etc.
- or just a whole skeleton. i like the skeleton-y appearance for undeads, but want more bones. or no meat at all.

6 Likes

Where has this gnome been with all these great ideas!?

I love the ideas you’ve presented so far. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

oh. also.
add runewords(diablo 2 - blizzard) to world of warcraft.
a way of getting a similar legendary mechanic to the game.
Legendaries were the top item slots in shadowlands.

well, add “runewords” to that list of ways to gear up.
loot/find the runes like you had to do with shadowland’s “Conduits”.
-in dungeons and raids- (not exclusively separate)
-“farming” like in diablo 2. (100 quilboar dead in Crossroads for a 3% drop chance of a fel rune")
-level scaling and difficulty drop different runes like in Diablo 2.

make socketed *whites*, and *grays*, and crafting items and weapons.
               then add the AH function to the mix.
2 Likes

I agree. It’s very stupid to lock options in Customization Options for all races.

4 Likes

I want more short “Caucasian” male hairstyles.

6 Likes

Bruh. That is such a stupid and, apparently, an American thing to apply everything to race or whatever you call it.
First and foremost, race does not exist.
Second of all, Africans (native tribes) generally have little to no hair.
Thirdly, haircuts cannot belong to a certain group of people, unless we are talking about extremely rare cultural haircuts that are probably only limited to certain tribes or cultures.

3 Likes

So people with different skin tones and different hair don’t get a choice of making their toon look different or like themselves, family or the fantasy of their dreams? The human race in the game have hair options. the other races should have them and or similar ones too.

Besides, race has to exist politically to bring awareness to marginalization of different people and their struggles in life to build equality.
Race does not exist for the purpose of equality, yet it does exist in our society and in individual prejudices, thoughts, generalizations, racisms, presumptions, ignorance, self-consiouse feelings, sterotypes and more.

Im not trying to attack you or start an argument. sorry if i rambled on and became pointless or ignorant still. it’s the human variable of imperfection.

I just think different cultures and skin tones with different hair cultures should be able to fantasize too in making their toon.

hope you reconsider your dislike for the idea. I just know that everyone has fantasies and kids have the biggest. they should be able to make a toon the way they want their heroes to look. A kid or teenager shouldn’t be expected to make only ‘straight haired’ hair styles, or cultural styles only for white folk. Put yourself in the shoes of someone with different skin tones and hair styles from different cultures.

8 Likes

I just want a sick mullet

6 Likes

This is absolutely a brilliant idea.

I’m hoping someone with decision-making importance reads it and takes it to heart.

2 Likes

Why especially these? Their geographical homelands do not scream out as having any abundance of sunlight… different cultures and features make for a more special fictional world

Oh… I see where this is going. Going in for those :fishing_pole_and_fish:

Our society =/= a fictional, fantasy world.

You know why Rings of Power is being ratio’d so hard and is more than likely DOA?

Edit: this, how ever, is a fantastic idea.

3 Likes

Humans have 26(m)/34(f) hairstyles.

Kul Tiran have 6(m)/10(F)

I’m down for more customisation.

8 Likes

heck yea.
tbh im suprised they havent done like " all race hair style packs " situation.

3 Likes

Literally all hairstyles and colors should be available to all classes, genders and races… without exception!

4 Likes

Not having hair is a hairstyle.

Edit:

Also I just want to throw in that Africa is a continent :slight_smile:

5 Likes

And yet you want to apply things from real life to justify having white only skin tones :thinking:

You really like to reach.

A show getting “ratiod” on twitter that hasn’t even released yet? :skull:
Oh no, a certain demographic got mad a black person showed up on the trailer and they ratiod a twitter post. :skull:

3 Likes