New hairstyles (African, African American, and Black)

Twitter? I don’t use that cesspool platform lmao. This is clear to see on youtube.

Language and sentence structure is right there displaying their thoughts plain as day. Huge reach lmao

… it is many, many more things than that which ruin the original creators work. And what exactly constitutes a Tolkien fan as a demographic, pray tell?

Yep, my bad, plenty of melanin to be had up in the sunny, hot valleys of Dun Morogh

It makes sense for humans to have versatile styles… dwarves? Much, much less so. But hey, this is the era when everyone should be everything and nothing should be unique eh

1 Like

The way your post contradicts itself would be laughable, if it weren’t so fundamentally insulting.

You: “Haircuts cannot belong to a certain group of people…”
Also you: “it’s so stupid to apply a haircut to everyone…”

You: “Race doesn’t exist…”
Also you: “A person with certain genetics has a certain type of hair…”

But this doesn’t have to be political (and really shouldn’t be). More flexible customization = More FUN. I’ll support almost any customization suggestion that makes creating a toon more flexible and fun!

5 Likes

Makes sense to have the options there.

Literally, people want to create a fantasy behind their characters that they can relate too. The customizations make it easier to do.

They should also have scar options separate from face options for every race, too. Proper dark brown eye color options should be added for most races. Eye shape options should be available for more races like Humans and Kul Tirans.

They literally showed different eye shapes and proper dark brown eyes for Humans at Blizzcon 2019. Why did these options never get added?

5 Likes

What makes a hairstyle “african” ?

1 Like

Is this for Body type 1 or 2 ?

4 Likes

“Both, and any others they may add. We are talking about Hair Styles shared across the board.”

1 Like

I do agree that hairstyles are a bit lacking, and there’s no reason to gate them to specific models. There should be more styles to pick from too, not the…two dozen? we have now.

I’ll probably regret asking this on the wow forums but: your use of the term “Black” would be for ethnic groups originating from places other than Africa, and the Americas, correct? So for example someone from France that’s got “black” skin?

2 Likes

I’m white and I have long dreads. They need to make light colored dreads for all characters.

4 Likes

“I want purple ones.”
/smile

5 Likes

Long dreads in all colors would be great!

4 Likes

Just for the sake of conversation, for which WoW races would dark brown eyes NOT be appropriate? Just like in real-life humans, this seems like one that could apply across the spectrum.

2 Likes

None of us get to reply in the C.C forum section.

I would like pandas to stay on Asian hairstyles for the culture base.

I would love more scar options for all races and for different parts of the body.

:panda_face:

2 Likes

There is no way for you to reply in those threads. You’re doing exactly what you should be doing. Just voice your thoughts and opinions on General Discussion, and maybe a very nice CC member can pass on your suggestions. :face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes

A few races lack normal eyes and have only glowing eyes of some variety. It’s not a problem if these races get brown eye color options regardless, though.

2 Likes

Yeah, exactly this. It’s more on the profession base level and by looking at the way GD is sometimes gets crazy. Not even TL3’s get to post, only blues can reply to them.

:panda_face:

They look sort of stupid with their mouth open

Dude, you try to deny the OP access to black hairstyles by saying this:

And then, almost immediately try to defend your terrible take with this:

Contradicted yourself virtually immediately :clown_face:

Here’s my favorite part! You go from this:

Tobiabstruse rightfully, and correctly, calls you out by saying:

And then, you immediately hurt yourself in your confusion:

We already know what lane you’re in, no need to double down. The new gnome player would like to play fantasy characters that so happen to have features that either match his style and appearance (I’m with him there), or he’d just likes the look and wants to honor it, despite his race (which I’d totally love, and appreciate).

Bottom line: this is a fantasy game, Blizzard is down for the customization, that painfully narrow-minded view of yours should have been buried generations ago.

Wehgee, welcome! A lot of us have been asking Blizzard for more customization options for some time. If you’d like to look over some customization threads, so you can see what people have been talking about, I’ll link you some in a follow-up post, there are a lot. Feel free to add your suggestions or ask questions, there tend to be a lot of helpful people in them.

3 Likes

I want a black dwarf with an afro as big as a beach ball.