New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic

Ladies first

2 Likes

This has been echoed by multiple people in this thread, but WoW Classic Devs - please consider increasing the number of days that No Boosts or Transfers will be allowed on the fresh servers to far more than 90 days. Please consider locking these servers for at least 180+ days so the economy and community can stave off the taint of GDKPs and gold buying for as long as possible.

On another note related to community and accessibility, PLEASE reconsider including the Random Dungeon Finder. It is integral to WotLK and is a huge part of what made the expansion so widely played and remembered fondly by the masses.

18 Likes

Where do you think bots and those 24x7 farmers will go first:

1. the land of opportunity (fresh realms)
  2. continue in the same place where there is a lot of competition for them.

Let the cope begin.

Half = end?

I guess that is a way to see things.
Like:
Half full
Half empty

1 Like

90 days is plenty of time for the bots to destroy the economy.

2 Likes

Please extend these windows to at least 180 days, and only allow very minimal gold to be transferred after that (5000 or less). Keeping the economy in pristine condition is the single biggest reason people wanted fresh servers, as well as preventing GDKP runs from taking over immediately.

15 Likes

Also: Please block all outbound transfers from the fresh realm. Let them be locked there as well as long as no one is able to transfer there.

2 Likes

As someone else posted, people that have hundred of thousands of gold as a result of real money transactions during TBCC will buy high demand items from the Auction House on their server and then transfer to this fresh server, causing prices to crash and destabilizing the economy. The players that were already there will see all of the items they’ve collected in the 90 days lose all of their values overnight when all the prices go down.

32 Likes

I will make it my mission to constantly ask for them to delay the boost and server transfers. Boosts…are probably the lesser of two evils, and never thought I’d say that. But transfers will destroy the servers. Maybe if we’re loud enough it can be pushed significantly longer.

And yes, dungeon finder should absolutely be in Wrath Classic. I’ll continue to advocate for that.

9 Likes

lol…a month later these realms will be just as bad as those realms that have progressed since Classic launched.

3 Likes

So, you mean that someone will buy a LOT of things for higher prices on currently established realms, transfer there, sell for much less (making those items / consumables more accessible to everyone), lose a LOT of gold in this process, just with the intent of destroying the market?

That sounds a lot far-fetched to me.

2 Likes

Will the AQ Gates be closed on these Fresh Servers?

They are a troll. They have nothing of value to do in their real life.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

We all knew where this would lead.
scarab freshers here they come.

What about Race Changes?

2 Likes

1 fresh server, that’s all you need, no transfers, no boosts, just leave it.

Also release 1 pvp classic fresh realm

6 Likes

Not once did I mention bots/farmers. That’s a never ending battle and will spike once character boosts are enabled.

So ruffled. Drink some tea.

2 Likes

If the player has no intention of returning to their established server, it doesn’t matter.

I swapped from Stormrage to Illidan on retail. I have absolutely no use for the 4 million gold I have on Stormrage, so I use it to buy game time and upgrade heirlooms and stuff. Same logic would apply here, except if you’re transferring and capped at 5/10/20k gold, you would just buy a bunch of sh*t to sell when you land on the new server, cause otherwise your gold is just sitting there unused on a realm you don’t play.

Who is richer?
The guy with 100k gold on a server where average gold is 10k
or
The guy with 50k gold on a server where average gold is 1k

12 Likes

I would like to consolidate my characters to specific WoW account (multiple accounts here). At what point can I transfer characters from one of my WoW accounts to another (same server)? This service is not available at the moment, though I remember it being available during the original Wrath.

All my my WoW accounts live under a single Battle.net account, and have been for many years.

Also, thank you for removing the character limit. :slight_smile:

I cant wait to watch people try and level 80 levels without RDF in a short period of time.

I will be watching from afar as I wont be around without RDF.

5 Likes